I'm am new to cprogramming.com but I have been studying c++ for about one year. I have some questions mostly about everthing based around Windows Vista. Some of the questions may seem very stupid, I give you fair warning.
1. Will windows Vista API applications only run on .net framework (winfx).
2. (If they exist) Were are the windows vista sdk's located.
3. I have the visual c++ 2005 .net express compiler. Can this compiler create windows vista API based programmes.
4. I have the book "Introducing Microsoft WinFX: The Application Programming Interface for the Next Generation of Microsoft Windows" published 2004 . Is this a book of good reference for vista or is there a better one that exists .
5. Are .net applications very unefficient (both .net framework programs I have used run very poor on resources)