Thanks! You've pointed me in the right direction.
But I still can't get it to work.
I've done version 2 on the page,
So I included the header file and the define, then created a .manifest file with the data.
Using ComCtl32 Version 6 in an Application That Uses Extensions, Plugins, or a DLL That is Brought into a Process
Afterwards I added the manifest to my .rc file with:
"Winuser.rh" doesn't exist, only Winuser.h and it contains
CREATEPROCESS_MANIFEST_RESOURCE_ID RT_MANIFEST "app.manifest"
#define CREATEPROCESS_MANIFEST_RESOURCE_ID 1
#define RT_MANIFEST 24
Well, if I compile and link the project (with Dev C++) with and without the missing define no error occurs and everything's fine, but the program won't start afterwards and if I start it from the folder I get an error telling me it can't be started as the application configuration isn't correct.
#define CONTROL_PANEL_RESOURCE_ID 123
... I didn't do anything wrong I believe.
And about the filesize... I only have VC++ 6.0 and with removing all optional linking/compiling options I get a minimum filesize of 52 kB. With Dev C++ it's 15 kB with normal options.
Edit: The CREATEPROCESS_MANIFEST_RESOURCE_ID RT_MANIFEST "app.manifest" command is causing this problem...
Edit2: Wow thank you very much! I solved the problem - several info in the manifest was needed as I really need to identify my app with the "version", "name" and description tags.