Thread: Application display area splitter

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2004

    Application display area splitter


    In some applications I have see some bars (I donít know the exact name) that split the display area of application into different parts

    What is the API to create these controls?

    In order to be sure that you understand what I want see the attach picture that show the control I want to create


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    They're usually referred to as 'splitters' and there is no 'api' for them ie. no specific windows control so you'll have to create one yourself. This page should give you some ideas:
    CProgramming FAQ
    Caution: this person may be a carrier of the misinformation virus.

  3. #3
    Banned nickname_changed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    In .NET it's called a Splitter. This is how you use it (from memory):
    Splitter splitter = new Splitter();
    splitter.Orientation = SplitterOrientations.Vertical; // Up/down split
    splitter.Dock = DockStyle.Fill; // Fill the whole window
    this.Controls.Add(splitter); // Displays
    Man, you Win32 guys are so much more efficient

Popular pages Recent additions subscribe to a feed

Similar Threads

  1. Programmatically Activating A Splitter
    By SMurf in forum C# Programming
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-14-2009, 09:16 AM
  2. display character size...(quite urgent..)
    By karthi in forum C Programming
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-11-2007, 09:42 PM
  3. new problem with class
    By jrb47 in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-01-2006, 08:39 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-18-2005, 09:06 PM
  5. Tab Controls - API
    By -KEN- in forum Windows Programming
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-02-2002, 09:44 AM