Thread: Class/Name of this control

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2002

    Class/Name of this control


    A basic question.

    (See the attached image) What is the name of the vertical bar control (with two other child windows either side) that allows the user to resize both windows by clicking and draging. Quite a common control but the best name I can find is "Split Plane" for Internet Explorer.

    I have the feeling I will have to code my own version, as it doesn't appear to be a common/windows control (and maybe there will be someone else's source somewhere on the net).


  2. #2
    It's full of stars adrianxw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Splitters are not controls. There is an example of jow to code a splitter in MSDN's "Scribble" demo project.
    Wave upon wave of demented avengers march cheerfully out of obscurity unto the dream.

Popular pages Recent additions subscribe to a feed

Similar Threads

  1. (Multiline) Edit Control Limit
    By P4R4N01D in forum Windows Programming
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-17-2008, 11:56 AM
  2. line number on a rich edit control
    By rakan in forum Windows Programming
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-18-2008, 07:58 AM
  3. Button handler
    By Nephiroth in forum Windows Programming
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-12-2006, 06:23 AM
  4. very weird .h problem
    By royuco77 in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-11-2005, 07:55 AM
  5. Tab Controls - API
    By -KEN- in forum Windows Programming
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-02-2002, 09:44 AM