Thread: Microsoft 32-bit versions of Windows XP

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    135

    Microsoft 32-bit versions of Windows XP

    Well today I talk about programming under Windows XP using obsolete tools. Specifically we talk about Borland Turbo C 2.01 and Borland Turbo Assembler 4.1. There has been mentions of a 32-bit conversion tool through the Phar Lap protocol or such.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    135
    ALPHABET

    The above link has been adapter to 32-bit versions of XP. The speed has been reduced since modern hardwares are so fast now adays. Just a brief preview Windows XP is able to handle millions of colors and so can programming in Borland Turbo C 2.01 and Borland Turbo Assembler 4.1. I don't have to prove anything however you may see it if you follow the thread. You see the initial A. The letters look blocky because it is using multiplicative powers to blow up the image instead of smoothing technology through possible scatter plots. Right now we keep it simple.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    135
    Now I have to give credit to GOD that I had to learn some things from others before me. Palette technologies has existed for quite some unknown time. However you have millions of colors to choose form. However using Borland Turbo C 2.01 and Borland Turbo Assembler 4.1 to program in Windows you only have 256 possible combos at a time. For instance 3 primary colours makes up a single dot color on the screen. So if you choose between the millions of combos for a single dot that dot could go from black to white and all other colors in between the rainbows. In DOS this is limited to 256 colors however Windows XP still allows 16 bit technology to run on its 32 bit system.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    135
    One day I may get the old codes out and show that even technology back in the old days can continue to produce realistic images. If you've ever had the chance to own an original CD for DOS games some of these use the DOS extenders that were talked about that allows 32-bit translation. The trucks actually looks like trucks on a computerized screen instead of just pixel kiddie games.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    135
    My Files

    Okay here is the proof that 16-bit softwares can handle Windows XP requirements of competing in the market. I've only given a black and white photo in this chess game that I've made. However it shows that it is possible for realistic images to be produces. You need two requirements for the game to work:

    1. nktchess.exe - the main game created all in Borland C 2.01 that runs under 32 bit versions of XP
    2. board.bmp - the realistic photo that has been converted for use in 32 bit versions of XP

    These two prerequisites allows the game to load and play a chess board somewhat realistically

  6. #6
    C++ Witch laserlight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    27,063
    I note that extended support for Windows XP ended on 8 April 2014, i.e., more than two years ago, so "competing in the market" is not relevant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjarne Stroustrup (2000-10-14)
    I get maybe two dozen requests for help with some sort of programming or design problem every day. Most have more sense than to send me hundreds of lines of code. If they do, I ask them to find the smallest example that exhibits the problem and send me that. Mostly, they then find the error themselves. "Finding the smallest program that demonstrates the error" is a powerful debugging tool.
    Look up a C++ Reference and learn How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    135
    Quote Originally Posted by laserlight View Post
    I note that extended support for Windows XP ended on 8 April 2014, i.e., more than two years ago, so "competing in the market" is not relevant.
    Trust me. I know a few oldies that love XP and they are old timers. I could get a job but I'm doing something else. I'm doing the starving artist route. You know if you really love something you'd stick it out for free and one day you would make it deal. You know the popular saying that it takes a professional 50000 (fifty thousand hours) of work and practice to be a PRO. So you can't be a concert pianist overnight. My relative who is a doctor has over 50000 and is a real live practicing doctor.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    135
    Quote Originally Posted by laserlight View Post
    I note that extended support for Windows XP ended on 8 April 2014, i.e., more than two years ago, so "competing in the market" is not relevant.
    Jesus! Chua Me O! @laserlight: I tried to PM however my priviledges don't allow that. So I was saying "Thank you for being a nice person. For what it's worth if you've never completed your college/university studies I think you'll fit right in. The colleges and universities are old long established institutions. So you might be surprise to be working in the old systems. Look into C++ if that is what you'd like. I only know a few people back in my colleges back in the days and that was 20 years ago. However call around and check out Lehigh Carbon Community College up in Schnecksville Pennsylvania. I think you'd fit right in. I know you are really adherant to the standards by Bjarne Stroustrup and I did take a C++ course if I'm not mistaken there once back 20 years ago............"

  9. #9
    C++ Witch laserlight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    27,063
    Quote Originally Posted by Tien Nguyen
    @laserlight: I tried to PM however my priviledges don't allow that.
    Actually, your private message got through, perhaps as a concession to allow new members to report by private message to moderators.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tien Nguyen
    I know you are a nice person and I have a positive view of your point of views. (...) Thank you for being a nice person.
    You're welcome, though I have no idea why this merits a private message and a post.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tien Nguyen
    In fact you would probably be very popular with the College/University crowd. If you are not finish with school yet you should go back. (...) For what it's worth if you've never completed your college/university studies I think you'll fit right in.
    It is rather presumptuous to speculate as to whether I have completed or even want to complete my college/university studies when I have not stated anything concerning that. In fact, I graduated with a bachelor's degree in computer science several years ago.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tien Nguyen
    I know you would get a good job.
    That is a nice sentiment, but I have been working as a software developer since I graduated from university years ago.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tien Nguyen
    The colleges and universities are old long established institutions. So you might be surprise to be working in the old systems. (...) Just be aware that the institutions have been established long ago. So you might be in for a surprise learning old systems.
    My university certainly was not in the habit of using software long past its end of life date, and no, I have no such surprise as you rather boldly assumed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tien Nguyen
    Look into C++ if that is what you'd like. (...) I know you are really adherant to the standards by Bjarne Stroustrup
    You should get to know the recipient and subject matter before presuming to dispense advice.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tien Nguyen
    However call around and check out Lehigh Carbon Community College up in Schnecksville Pennsylvania. I think you'd fit right in. (...) I did take a C++ course if I'm not mistaken there once back 20 years ago
    Thanks for the offer, but as before you should get to know the recipient before presuming to dispense advice. A community college in Pennsylvania is likely to be equivalent to a polytechnic or institute of technical education here in Singapore, and I am qualified by degree to teach in such an institution, or qualified by work experience to mentor interns from such educational institutions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjarne Stroustrup (2000-10-14)
    I get maybe two dozen requests for help with some sort of programming or design problem every day. Most have more sense than to send me hundreds of lines of code. If they do, I ask them to find the smallest example that exhibits the problem and send me that. Mostly, they then find the error themselves. "Finding the smallest program that demonstrates the error" is a powerful debugging tool.
    Look up a C++ Reference and learn How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    135
    You are right! I don't know many if anyone in my life. The people I consider my true families are under 7 or so maybe 8.

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    135
    Here is a link to my most recent game for FREE! It is done all in 16bit Borland Turbo C 2.01 mixed with Borland Turbo Assembler 4.1: XP16BIT

    It was designed to run in any 32bit OS such like Microsoft Windows XP. If you have 64bit Microsoft Windows XP then it may tell you that it cannot run 16/32 bit softwares. So please only download if you have 32bit version(s) of Microsoft Windows XP. Thank you!

  12. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,445
    Quote Originally Posted by Tien Nguyen View Post
    Here is a link to my most recent game for FREE! It is done all in 16bit Borland Turbo C 2.01 mixed with Borland Turbo Assembler 4.1: XP16BIT

    It was designed to run in any 32bit OS such like Microsoft Windows XP. If you have 64bit Microsoft Windows XP then it may tell you that it cannot run 16/32 bit softwares. So please only download if you have 32bit version(s) of Microsoft Windows XP. Thank you!
    Seriously, stop trying to get people to download your obsolete, useless software. Nobody wants it. Nobody uses DOS anymore, and for very good reason. Learn to develop modern software for modern operating systems, and stop trying to proselytize the membership of this forum.
    What can this strange device be?
    When I touch it, it gives forth a sound
    It's got wires that vibrate and give music
    What can this thing be that I found?

  13. #13
    Master Apprentice phantomotap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,108
    O_o

    Who removed the ban off the guy?

    Or was the ban just temporary?

    Soma
    “Salem Was Wrong!” -- Pedant Necromancer
    “Four isn't random!” -- Gibbering Mouther

  14. #14
    C++まいる!Cをこわせ!
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Inside my computer
    Posts
    24,654
    Quote Originally Posted by Elkvis View Post
    Seriously, stop trying to get people to download your obsolete, useless software. Nobody wants it. Nobody uses DOS anymore, and for very good reason. Learn to develop modern software for modern operating systems, and stop trying to proselytize the membership of this forum.
    Can't stress this enough.
    Very very important!!!
    (Shame +1 button disappeared; now we have to do likes the hard way.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adak View Post
    io.h certainly IS included in some modern compilers. It is no longer part of the standard for C, but it is nevertheless, included in the very latest Pelles C versions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Salem View Post
    You mean it's included as a crutch to help ancient programmers limp along without them having to relearn too much.

    Outside of your DOS world, your header file is meaningless.

  15. #15
    Informer -Adrian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    798
    Microsoft 32-bit versions of Windows XP-yykszng-jpg

Popular pages Recent additions subscribe to a feed

Similar Threads

  1. Microsoft C++ V10 and Windows 2000 OS
    By johnggold in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-15-2012, 05:17 PM
  2. compiling for different windows versions
    By tkbonito in forum Windows Programming
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-03-2009, 04:22 PM
  3. Microsoft Windows Architecture
    By planet_abhi in forum Windows Programming
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-30-2004, 08:47 AM
  4. Windows Versions Of GetLong And GetShort
    By DeepBlackMagic in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-21-2004, 05:25 AM
  5. Windows xp and networking with other windows versions
    By Stoned_Coder in forum Tech Board
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 12-19-2003, 03:36 PM

Tags for this Thread