Cannot ping computer on my LAN
More specifically I cannot ping my wife's computer. She is running Vista and I'm on XP.
I installed the LLTD (Link Layer Topology garbage) on my XP box. Had to do it manually since the update erroneously stated the update was not needed and refused to install it.
Anyways, she can see me and I can see her in our home network. Clicking on either computer in the network (respectively on each machine) results in a network path not found error.
1. Both can ping the gateway.
2. Both can ping the router.
3. Both can ping the modem.
4. Both can ping the internet IP of the modem.
5. Both can ping the default gateway.
6. Neither can ping each other's LAN IP.
7. Neither can ping each other's computer name.
tracert has similar results with 6 and 7 failing after 30 hops.
I looked at an article about network tools on MS's site and it went over each of these. However it really did not say what to do to solve items 6 and 7.
If we cannot ping each other does this also mean that games won't be able to see each other on our LAN?