Thread: new sign up procedure

new sign up procedure

new sign up
    how about a new signup system..
    there are three check boxes on the registration screen which you must check to join.

at the top

You must agree to these conditions! Violation will result in immmediate termination of account, removal of all posts, ip blocking and a violent and prolonged death

[] I will not post homework or assignments in part or whole without attempting them myslef first, i will also post at least 50% of the code.

[] i will read the faq and perform board searches before posting

[] i will never never never ask how to clear the screen

Wouldn't you agree that a poll would have been better suited for this? (LOL)

Anyway, this sounds great ... but it probably wouldn't work. Most people, when signing up for anything or even installing something will just check off on "Agree", "I Have Read And Understand ...", etc. Including the check boxes you listed.

Besides would the moderators have the time to constantly check-up on the new users to make sure they are doing what the promised to do?

I still think flaming and humiliation is the best method to make them think twice.
    DrakkenKorin

Get off my Intarweb!!!!

>>I still think flaming and humiliation is the best method to make them think twice. >>

are you seriously suggesting we flame and humiliate young innocent new users to the board??

-- i like your way of thinking
    Monday - what a way to spend a seventh of your life

I don't condone the flaming and/or humliation, and I sure as hell don't condemn it either!

No wait, I do condone it.

Flame on!

Besides, when I signed up, I read the rules and acted acordingly. When I asked questions I supplied all of my code and many of the senior members pointed out my problem areas.

Besides if someone really wanted help, and they really made an effort to accomplish their task, they would supply their code. It just fries my chicken when someone wants something handed to them and they make no effort whatsoever (many people like this in school).
    DrakkenKorin

Get off my Intarweb!!!!

LOL...

Anyway, it should read

50% or maximum 3k of the code using code-tag; you've all seen what I'm afraid off..

left crog... back when? incognito's Avatar
    What if the code it's about 150 lines (well formatted ofcourse, with spaces and all), sometimes I hesitate to post the code because it's about kinda long.
    There are some real morons in this world please do not become one of them, do not become a victim of moronitis. PROGRAMMING IS THE FUTURE...THE FUTURE IS NOW!!!!!!!!!

"...The only real game I thank in the world is baseball..." --Babe Ruth

"Life is beautiful"-Don Corleone right before he died.

"The expert on anything was once a beginner" -Baseball poster I own.

Left cprog on 1-3-2005. Don't know when I am coming back. Thanks to those who helped me over the years.

Good point there chulo.

I suppose to circumvent that, there can always be a disclaimer that says if you think your code is too long, include it as an attachement. But then you would run the risk of people ripping your code off and keeping it for themselves...which will open up a new can of worms.

But you know, you can always tell the difference between homework and a side project. Most homework problems will usually algorithmic (is that even a word?), or have something to do with data structures (linked lists, hash tables, binary search trees, etc.), or of course everyone's favorite question:

"How do I clear the screen?"
    DrakkenKorin

Get off my Intarweb!!!!

What do you mean clear the screen? How do you do that?
    There are some real morons in this world please do not become one of them, do not become a victim of moronitis. PROGRAMMING IS THE FUTURE...THE FUTURE IS NOW!!!!!!!!!

Left cprog on 1-3-2005. Don't know when I am coming back. Thanks to those who helped me over the years.

>>people ripping your code off and keeping it for themselves...which will open up a new can of worms.

-Control C, Control V -
    code is mine muhahahaha

lol, that was funny...................................

I agree with all of you. They should be forced to read the FAQ before signing up and they shouldn't post homework. but why Im replying is I need a little help. See My teacher asked us to figure this out but its too hard. How do I clear a MS-DOS console window?

Isometric

do we have any mod support on this?

Clearing an MS-DOS window...

Isn't that where enter

Code:
    c:\>format c:
    DrakkenKorin

Get off my Intarweb!!!!

What do you mean clear the screen? Why does this question angers so many people?

because - as with so many other questions - if people read the faq and searched the board- it would be solved instantly

Popular pages Recent additions subscribe to a feed