Thread: Need help with my XP server

Post Need help with my XP server

Hey,

I have an xp network consiting of 2 PCs, 1 PC is a proxy server, there is no hub, there just linked with a single crossover cable. What i need to do is make it so that 1 PC stores all the user accounts and all the user data. Can someone tell me how i do this?

Currently though each machine has its own users, and 1 machine is a proxy. I just want all the accounts on 1 machine then the other pc needs to look for the users on this PC. Do i need to tell the other PC to connect to a domain or somthing, if so i have no idea how the hell i do this in XP?

Thanks for any help
    TNT
    TNT
    You Can Stop Me, But You Cant Stop Us All

First you have to merge the data, to do this you must physically connect the 2 computers, the best way is to get some gasoline( half gallon works best), put the computers stacked on top of each other, drill holes in each computer and put 1 (1 liter for europeans) quart of gasoline in each. Next you plug in one of them and turn it on, might wanna stand back while the data merges. After about 5 minuts you will need to put out he flames, to do so, urinate on the computers. If you did everything correctly they should be merged together like one blob of plastic and metal.

Hope this helps.

If the above advice doesn't work.
    I haven't worked with XP. But usally if you want to create a central login you need to use a Domain. The client then log into the domain and the server lets the computer in if you have the correct password that is stored in the server. To do this you need a server OS like W2K server. A workstation OS will to my knowledge not be able to work as a domain server.

lol thz man thats a great help, might try it...

hmm, not good i think i will leave it and just write a backup program that copies nessecery files to my pc evertime they logon. Just that PC keeps messing up like every 2 weeks, just gives a blue screen then reboots and it has to be formatted. Thanks then i will try the backup proggy
    TNT
    You Can Stop Me, But You Cant Stop Us All

Popular pages Recent additions subscribe to a feed