Are you passionate about video games? Do you want to keep progressing in an exciting, young and dynamic environment? Gameloft Madrid is currently seeking an Online Game Developer!
Job Description & Environment:
As part of the Programming Department, you will work on developing online features for iOS games.
Within this framework, your main tasks will include:
- Defining and programming/developping the network portion of our games currently in development while working closely with the creation teams.
- Creating the architecture of the server and overseeing its rollout.
- Assisting gameplay and other developers in coding the server-side features of games.
- Suggesting the best techniques to offer players the best network experience (optimizing client/server exchanges and reducing waiting times).
- Client/server programming.
- Producing relevant documentation.
- >3 years of professional experience in developing and launching online multiplayer game projects on mobiles, tablets or console.
- A Bachelor’s degree with 5 additional years of higher education (Bac +5) with specialization in computer networks and multimedia communications from a computer science institute.
- Excellent C/C++ programming skills.
- Experience working with relational databases such as MySQL.
- Experience in HTTP protocol and REST services.
- Prior experience working with Facebook or other Social Networks API/SDKs.
- Motivated and passionate about video games.
- Independent, dynamic, thorough and enjoy working as part of a team.
- Thorough and ambitious, with interpersonal and organizational skills that allow you to complete projects within given deadlines.
- Experience on iOS will be a big plus.
- Sockets programming skills (UDP/TCP) would be an asset.
- Fluent in English.
*A technical test will be required as the first step of the selection process.
- Opportunity to work in a professional environment with people who have a passion for creating video games.
- Open working climate with young, dynamic teams from around the world.
- Salary based upon experience and merit.
- Career Progression and Development Opportunities
- Permanent contract, full-time job and additional merit pay system.
- We are offering relocation support for candidates willing to move to Madrid.
Interested applicants should send their CV (and samples) to
email@example.com. Reference: “Online Game Developer”