For those of us that are U.S. Citizens, I ask that you call your US representative and ask them to vote for this bill (HR 3182). It is a private bill that would allow the wife of a fallen U.S. Marine to obtain permanent residency status. They have a child together, but due to an old law she cannot gain residency status because they did not physically meet after the marriage, which was by proxy as he was on deployment.

I have no interest in this case other than that it affects the family of a fellow soldier. The sponsor of the bill is John J. Duncan Jr. his website is Congressman John J. Duncan, Jr. -- Representing Tennessee's Second District - Homepage

Washington Office:
2207 Rayburn Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
Phone: (202) 225-5435
Fax: (202) 225-6440