Thread: Licence

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2001


    I have finished one of my smaller projects, how do i go about getting a licence or copyright or whatever. I want to make it freeware, and i dont want to release the source.

  2. #2
    Hamster without a wheel iain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Copyright automatically exists in any original work, that means that you already own the copyright. YOu must mark the software
    with the copyright symbol your anme and the date.

    However, you can register the copyright with the patent office, as if it is an unregistered copyright you may have problems if any legal case should arise.
    Monday - what a way to spend a seventh of your life

  3. #3
    Hmm...Just find out where to get a copyright. After you do this, ask for a copyright application and then fill it out and send it back. I'm pretty sure that's how it works, right?

    Also, this would be a good time to start a company, so that you won't have to post your name all over the internet. You can copyright the product under the company's name instead of your own personal name.
    What will people say if they hear that I'm a Jesus freak?
    What will people do if they find that it's true?
    I don't really care if they label me a Jesus freak, there is no disguising the truth!

    Jesus Freak, D.C. Talk


  4. #4
    wierd guy bart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    does the system work the same in all country's?
    Last edited by bart; 12-22-2001 at 08:44 AM.

Popular pages Recent additions subscribe to a feed

Similar Threads

  1. FF licence
    By DavidP in forum A Brief History of
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-24-2001, 12:32 PM