Thread: A little confused on classes

  1. #16
    Skunkmeister Stoned_Coder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    The most common terminology for these functions is Accessor function for the Get...() and Mutator function for Set...() but then again thats just a moot point.
    Free the weed!! Class B to class C is not good enough!!
    And the FAQ is here :-

  2. #17
    Just a Member ammar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    The terminology that's used in my book is: transformer for set, and observer for get.

  3. #18
    Programming Sex-God Polymorphic OOP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    I call them member functions. Period.

    It's silly to get caught up on the terminology. Most member functions access datamembers either directly or indirectly (otherwise they'd be static member functions or, perhaps, virtual member functions) so it seems silly to me to call them "accessors." The more terms there are for the same concept, the easier it is to get confused.

  4. #19
    Yeah everything I've read calls them member functions, and so thats what i call them too. It's not like it matters, you wont get fired from a job by not knowing the correct terminology.

Popular pages Recent additions subscribe to a feed

Similar Threads

  1. College Classes
    By nubby in forum C Programming
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-07-2007, 12:32 AM
  2. C++ Classes: Use, Misuse...Confusion.
    By Snorpy_Py in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-23-2006, 01:46 AM
  3. Classes being able to use other classes functions
    By rainmanddw in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-29-2006, 11:19 AM
  4. Classes with Other Classes as Member Data
    By njd in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-27-2005, 09:30 AM
  5. Sharing a variable between classes of different .CPP files
    By divingcrab in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-07-2002, 02:57 PM