This is starting to happen more and more as the example programs get more and more involved with my skill level BUT.... here my problem
I come across example code freequently as you do, now im talking whole program code but when i put it into my complier it either comes up with a trillion errors weather there sytntax or linker errors?
I'm using Dev C++ 4 but anyway heres an example of some code I tryed to get to work just now... sorry it's a bit big
And it returns about 30 of these errors:
/* clear all pixels */
/* draw white polygon (rectangle) with corners at
* (0.25, 0.25, 0.0) and (0.75, 0.75, 0.0)
glColor3f (1.0, 1.0, 1.0);
glVertex3f (0.25, 0.25, 0.0);
glVertex3f (0.75, 0.25, 0.0);
glVertex3f (0.75, 0.75, 0.0);
glVertex3f (0.25, 0.75, 0.0);
/* don't wait!
* start processing buffered OpenGL routines
void init (void)
/* select clearing (background) color */
glClearColor (0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0);
/* initialize viewing values */
glOrtho(0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 1.0, -1.0, 1.0);
* Declare initial window size, position, and display mode
* (single buffer and RGBA). Open window with "hello"
* in its title bar. Call initialization routines.
* Register callback function to display graphics.
* Enter main loop and process events.
int main(int argc, char** argv)
glutInitDisplayMode (GLUT_SINGLE | GLUT_RGB);
glutInitWindowSize (250, 250);
glutInitWindowPosition (100, 100);
return 0; /* ISO C requires main to return int. */
C:\DEV-C_~1\Include\GL\gl.h:1135: syntax error before `void'
warning: data definition has no type or storage class