See if these work,even i learnt these only today:
1. The object files that we use to create the .so file must be created with the -fPIC option. PIC stands for Position Independent Code.
so, create the .o files using the -fPIC option first and then use the -shared option to create the .so file.
2. echo the LD_LIBRARY_PATH and see it cantains the path to the .so file
2. the LD_LIBRARY_PATH is dependent on the shell that you r using.
1. if you are working with tcsh or csh :
a.if the LD_LIBRARY_PATH is undeifned.
you need to use
b.if the LD_LIBRARY_PATH is deifned.
setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH /complete path/
2. if you are using the sh or bash
setenv /complete path/ :$(LD_LIBRARY_PATH )
then you will be using the "export" instead of setenv along the similar lines.