I've been trying to get OpenGL to work for weeks now, and it's just not happening. Could someone please help me get it to work?
I am using the MinGW C compiler and have the following files in the correct folders within the MinGW folder:
In system folder:
The following is the code that I am trying to get to work...
I'm fairly sure I'm not compiling it properly....but here it is anyway:
(This it not my code, it is from 'THE RED BOOK', and I just want to see if opengl is working before I start coding)
Thanks in advance,
/* clear all pixels */
/* draw white polygon (rectangle) with corners at
* (0.25, 0.25, 0.0) and (0.75, 0.75, 0.0)
glColor3f (1.0, 1.0, 1.0);
glVertex3f (0.25, 0.25, 0.0);
glVertex3f (0.75, 0.25, 0.0);
glVertex3f (0.75, 0.75, 0.0);
glVertex3f (0.25, 0.75, 0.0);
/* don't wait!
* start processing buffered OpenGL routines
void init (void)
/* select clearing color */
glClearColor (0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0);
/* initialize viewing values */
glOrtho(0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 1.0, -1.0, 1.0);
* Declare initial window size, position, and display mode
* (single buffer and RGBA). Open window with "hello"
* in its title bar. Call initialization routines.
* Register callback function to display graphics.
* Enter main loop and process events.
int main(int argc, char** argv)
glutInitDisplayMode (GLUT_SINGLE | GLUT_RGB);
glutInitWindowSize (250, 250);
glutInitWindowPosition (100, 100);
return 0; /* ANSI C requires main to return int. */