Thread: Accessing struct

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    596

    Accessing struct

    Hi guys; about the term "access" in Computer, specifically in memory management, what does it mean?
    for example in real life if I want to access a store of stocks, I enter it, but I would come back after grabbing/finishing what I wanted from the store, my question when the PC have an access to the memory for reading data, once he accessed it, will the pc read it instantly or he come back to operating system and afterwards reading it? exactly what's confusing me if while accessing something the PC instantly "doing" what the task required or what?! thanks !

    to sum up; while PC is accessing whatever in PC's Component for a concrete task(for instance reading data from memory), does PC once accessed do concurrently the concrete task or back to the OS and afterwards doing the concrete task ?!

    sorry about silly question but it's much baffling me.
    Last edited by RyanC; 12-11-2018 at 02:25 AM.

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    694
    He is a troll, conscious or unconscious. I hope people pick this up and just ignore him from now on.

    Hey troll! You aren't sorry. If you had normal human feelings you wouldn't be posting every brain fart that manages to stagger out of your stunned cranium. Consider how bothersome that is to others. You are either a troll or an incredibly thoughtless little twerp.
    The world hangs on a thin thread, and that is the psyche of man. - Carl Jung

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,687
    To john.c: Lookup help vampire for a third possibility.

    Tim S.
    "...a computer is a stupid machine with the ability to do incredibly smart things, while computer programmers are smart people with the ability to do incredibly stupid things. They are,in short, a perfect match.." Bill Bryson

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    694
    I guess a help vampire is a kind of "unconscious troll". It actually does seem like some kind of mental problem. The total blindness to the problem is incredible.
    The world hangs on a thin thread, and that is the psyche of man. - Carl Jung

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    596
    Quote Originally Posted by john.c View Post
    He is a troll, conscious or unconscious. I hope people pick this up and just ignore him from now on.

    Hey troll! You aren't sorry. If you had normal human feelings you wouldn't be posting every brain fart that manages to stagger out of your stunned cranium. Consider how bothersome that is to others. You are either a troll or an incredibly thoughtless little twerp.
    Where is the problem if you're finding it clearly for you and not clearly for me?! all what I asked what is access in term of PC?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! get away.

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    694
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanC View Post
    Where is the problem if you're finding it clearly for you and not clearly for me?! all what I asked what is access in term of PC?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! get away.
    You have a serious mental problem, little boy. Go tell your parents to take you to the doctor. You might even get a lollipop.

    This is the last time I will ever respond to you. Hopefully nobody else will, either. Good riddance, troll.
    The world hangs on a thin thread, and that is the psyche of man. - Carl Jung

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    596
    Quote Originally Posted by john.c View Post
    You have a serious mental problem, little boy. Go tell your parents to take you to the doctor. You might even get a lollipop.

    This is the last time I will ever respond to you. Hopefully nobody else will, either. Good riddance, troll.
    how much rudeness you got?! get away faggot

Popular pages Recent additions subscribe to a feed

Similar Threads

  1. struct within a struct, odd behavior accessing variables
    By John Gaden in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-28-2012, 06:19 AM
  2. Accessing a struct.
    By brack in forum C Programming
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-04-2010, 01:00 AM
  3. accessing struct element from another struct
    By creek23 in forum C Programming
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-24-2010, 02:56 AM
  4. accessing a struct with ->
    By Anddos in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-23-2006, 03:28 PM
  5. Accessing elements in a struct
    By supaben34 in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-03-2004, 09:55 AM

Tags for this Thread