Now i have my programming project and i have no idea where to start or how to approach this. If its possible could you guys swing by some ideas and your recommendations? The outline is below
VetMed is a veterinary hospital. The hospital currently needs a system to manage their clients, pets, and doctors in order to increase efficiency. This information is used to provide better customer service and to manage everyday operations.
The following information about each pet that visits the hospital is required: name, species, and birth date as well as their owner’s info which includes: identification number, name, address, and e-mail address.
In addition, for each pet, a history of the visits to the doctor is maintained. For each visit, the date, type of service offered, additional comments, and payment amount are recorded.
Detailed records about the doctors working for the hospital are also stored in the database. Part of this information is made available to the customers in order to help them choose the doctor who best fits their needs. The doctors’ database includes the following: identification number, name, address, gender, area of specialization, degree earned, day off and their current charges.
The company has promotional deals for their returning customers so that they get a discount of 5% on their total charges for that visit.
In addition, customers may get additional services at each visit, these may include and not limited to injection ($2500), xray($5000), medication($4000).
A tax of 16.5% (GCT) is charged.
The following is to be noted and also needed
a) It is possible that the company can employ new doctors, it is also possible that doctors could be removed from the company’s systems due to discharge, retirements, etc.. Only managers should be able to do this.
b) Provide a menu-based system which allows for the various functions described to be carried out upon successful entry into the system. Unless the user chooses to exit the menu, it should always appear on the screen after each option is executed. The options to be presented should include but not limited to: New client/Existing Clients, Modify and Display clients’ info, Add and remove doctors, Print Receipt, Display Reports, General Information etc.
c) The system should implement a security feature for entry and after three unsuccessful attempts of the security code; the system should lock out the user. The system also has a separate security features for managers who are the only ones who can generate and print reports, add/remove doctors and remove a client. Managers can also grant discount for incurred charges or to modify information on doctors only, regular staff can modify client’s information.
The following is also needed:
(1) A visit receipt showing; name of pet, owner’s name, date of visit, type of service, doctor’s name, additional services, taxes and final cost, amount paid and amount owing.
(2) A listing should be given to the clients to let them know currently all the doctors and their specialization that are employed at the hospital.
(3) A notification report on all outstanding balances showing owner’s name, contact details, total cost, amount paid, outstanding balance.
(4) Pet History report that will be produced for a particular pet showing the pet name, doctor’s name, date, type of service and additional comments for each visit.
(5) High Risks Pets report which will display the pet name, owner’s name, total number of visits for all pets who have visited the hospital more than n times (nb. n is entered by the user and represent number of visits and should be greater than 1).
The veterinary hospital wishes for you to implement a menu-based C program that will simulate the operations of this system by allowing for the functionality described above to be carried out upon successful entry into the restricted area.
BONUS (10 marks)
Produce and display a report that is an extension of the Doctor listing report in 2), that will show the doctor’s name and specialization for all doctors that are available on the given day that the client is visiting the hospital.