ok I got this working once before. Off the net I grabbed a stdbool.h header file that was recommended to use with VS. In admin mode I plopped it in Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0/VC/ include folder and presto! I was able to use stdbool.h without a hitch.
I had to do a system restore about a week ago. And setting everything back up again. Now when I try the above stunt, I get this error from VS:
This sorta thing is so frustrating. gah. Here is the stdbool.h header code:
------ Build started: Project: Program 7.4, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
.\Debug\Program 7.4.exe.intermediate.manifest : general error c1010070: Failed to load and parse the manifest. The system cannot find the file specified.
Build log was saved at "file://c:\Documents and Settings\Cruisin'\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\Program 7.4\Program 7.4\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
Program 7.4 - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========
Anyone have any ideas what I'm overlooking? And NO I do not want to compile it as a cpp program. I want to just hit the debug button and go if I need to.
* stdbool.h - ISO C99 Boolean type
* Author - Bill Chatfield
* E-mail - bill underscore chatfield at yahoo dot com
* Copyright - You are free to use for any purpose except illegal acts
* Warrenty - None: don't blame me if it breaks something
* In ISO C99, stdbool.h is a standard header and _Bool is a keyword, but
* some compilers don't offer these yet. This header file is an
* implementation of the standard ISO C99 stdbool.h header file. It checks
* for various compiler versions and defines things that are missing in
* those versions.
* The GNU and Watcom compilers include a stdbool.h, but the Borland
* C/C++ 5.5.1 compiler and the Microsoft compilers do not.
* See http://predef.sourceforge.net/precomp.html for compile macros.
* Borland C++ 5.5.1 does not define _Bool.
typedef int _Bool;
* Microsoft C/C++ version 14.00.50727.762, which comes with Visual C++ 2005,
* and version 15.00.30729.01, which comes with Visual C++ 2008, do not
* define _Bool.
#if defined(_MSC_VER) && _MSC_VER <= 1500
typedef int _Bool;
* Define the Boolean macros only if they are not already defined.
#define bool _Bool
#define false 0
#define true 1
#define __bool_true_false_are_defined 1