PDA

View Full Version : Online Games

Generator
09-08-2001, 02:11 PM
Hey,

Have any of you guys played a game called "UT"? The U and T stand for something... I don't know what though. Do you have a URL? Im at work today and was surfing around looking for something to do and stumbled across this site... What do you guys think? http://www.station.sony.com/planetside/index.jhtml

Fool
09-08-2001, 02:23 PM
UT= Unreal Tourny

-Fool

Aran
09-08-2001, 03:20 PM
it's only one of the most popular MP games on the market, although i prefer MechWarrior 4.

Fool
09-08-2001, 03:29 PM
When I played online PC games, I was always into CS:D

-Fool

Generator
09-09-2001, 01:06 PM
Ummmm aran, Can you tell me what it is and where to find it? You can't just leave me hanging like that...:p

Generator
09-09-2001, 02:56 PM
>>When I played online PC games, I was always into CS

What's CS?:confused:

Zach L.
09-09-2001, 06:24 PM
CS - Counter-Strike, I assume? That was one of my favorite online games. :D

Govtcheez
09-09-2001, 06:40 PM
Generator, Zach's right - CS = Counterstrike, which is a mod for Half-Life. It's kinda like Rainbow Six.

Mechwarrior 4 can be picked up in any store or online. It's pretty cool (although I liked the 3rd one better)

Btw, I've seen previews for Planetside - it looks awesome.

If you're interested in other multiplayer online games, try Tribes, Everquest, or Anarchy Online...

Cheeze-It
09-09-2001, 07:29 PM
That's it Govtcheez!!! I've had just about as
much as I can take of you! I challenge you
to a duel. That's right, a duel. To be carried
out through an online game. I challenged, you
choose.

Of course, we'll have to wait about 2 months,
until after I get my new computer...

Your days are numbered! (to less than 2 months)

mithrandir
09-09-2001, 07:31 PM
Warheads (http://www.retro64.com) is the best game to play online!

Zach L.
09-09-2001, 07:35 PM
Better watch out Govtcheez, that sounds like quite a challenge. A duel to the online death! ;)

Govtcheez
09-10-2001, 05:30 AM
Alright, static - bring it on!

(Jeez, can't I go 3 days without being challenged to a duel?)

I accept your challenge and select, for the game... Counterstrike!

ober
09-10-2001, 06:23 AM
Ok, to the people that don't know what UT is... I feel sorry for you. Back in the day... that was where it was at... anyone care to join me in a 'Godlike' match? And to you fellas playin CS....... I WANT IN. Or maybe not... that seems to be how my grades slip.. damn this computer and it's gaming power... I would waste you all... just so ya know. KU network... October... beware... join me if you dare.

Govtcheez
09-10-2001, 06:59 AM
UT and CS tanked your WAG, too? Glad I'm not the only one. Between those and Delta Force freshman year, I'm lucky I'm still in school at all.

If I was still in the dorms or anywhere near a broadband connection, maybe I'd take you up on that, ober...

My Tribes offer still stands, tho - that can actually be easily played over dialup.

ober
09-10-2001, 07:43 AM
I think it was the combination of Half-life (origional), NFS (random versions), and Team Fortress... the WAG suffered horribly. (Still trying to recover)

You need to get into the apts... we're on the same network as the dorms. You'll have to come over and take a spin on my machine just to wet your whistle... CS still rules the network.

Never played Tribes...

Govtcheez
09-10-2001, 07:56 AM
I was trying to get into the apts, but I got screwed by roommates and another guy that was in my Unit. Apparently, this other guy tried to hook up his gf, a freshman, with an apt, but never looked at the price. It's a huge story that really, really sucked. Anyways, we (well, at least I and another roomie) will be in the apt's next year. If my other two roommates don't want to go, then screw 'em. That's why God built us two-bedroom apts.

We've got a LAN at the house, tho - I assure you there's no shortage of CS, UT, and various other games going on (NHL 2001 was quite popular, as well as Mario Golf on the nintendo)

ober
09-10-2001, 08:12 AM
I got lucky... myself and 9 guys jumped on the apt thing and got 2 apts side by side on the 3rd floor... which is freakin sweet. (btw, find yourself 4 willing guys (or girls.. haha) .. the 2 bedroom ones are small ... not conducive to parties.)

yeah... my fellas have the PS2s and the Dreamcasts and the PS1s... weekends are one giant video game. (Except when the ME in the group gets bored).

Govtcheez
09-10-2001, 08:18 AM
I doubt I could find 4 girls there that I would be willing to live with, much less them wanting to live with me. I doubt the gf would like that setup too much, either :)

Yeah, on the rare weekend when my roommates and I aren't smashed, video games are pretty much the order of business. We got the nintendo, a dreamcast, and an original nintendo, when it makes it way up to school. (side note: Mario golf makes a GREAT drinking game... I played against someone earlier this summer. I won smth like 16/18 holes.)

Generator
09-10-2001, 09:31 AM
We should do like a huge tournament or something on a game that everyone has. What games do you guys own? I own SC and AOE and some other lame crap. I Kick ass at SC. I can't wait till Warcraft III comes out... It would be cool if we all got online and started to beat the crap out of eachother. I would win the tourney though...

ober
09-10-2001, 09:32 AM
I would win the tourney though...

yeah... if you were playing against yourself. what is SC? Strike Commander?

Nice avatar BTW... what did you use to make it?

Govtcheez
09-10-2001, 09:33 AM
Sorry - not a huge fan of RTS's...

A tournament is a cool idea, tho. I'd even organize it!
(warning: shameless advertising ahead)
E-mail me what games you would want... I'll post what wins at my website and get some brackets together.

ober: SC's prolly starcraft

Generator
09-10-2001, 10:52 AM
Hey Ober SC = StarCraft, I made my avatar on this flamig text site. It was posted by dean the first time if you search for avatars and goto the one started by Witch_king he should have the link posted on the origonal message.

Im down with pretty much any game, as soon as we decide what game were going with, let me know. You should create a poll Govt and find out what game we should play. ;)

ober
09-10-2001, 11:14 AM
umm... this site?

http://www.flamingtext.com/

I didn't search for that post, but I knew that site from a project I did a while back.

Cheeze-It
09-10-2001, 12:54 PM
a dreamcast

Good choice... We all know the Dreamcast is the
second greatest console ever manufactured. I got
mine at launch, and will be buying another one
soon (They're $79.99. Great deal)...Phantasy
Star Online and Skies of Arcadia are
probably two of my all-time favorite games...

I just bought Jet Grind Radio for $9.99 new, from
amazon. That's one good thing about the demise
of the DC--the prices are super-cheap.

Anyway... Okay. Counterstrike it is...

Govtcheez
09-10-2001, 01:03 PM
OK, CS sounds good, static.

However, I noticed you like Tribes... I'll let you choose between the two... (Tribes might actually work better for my slowass dialup)

ober
09-10-2001, 01:12 PM
I hate the thought of even trying to work with a dialup online game... I'd rather wait til I get back to the T1s at school. but once I get there... BRING IT ON *****ES...

ober
09-10-2001, 01:13 PM
ok... what's up with the language filter???????? How am I supposed to express myself through normal language?

Cheeze-It
09-10-2001, 01:43 PM
However, I noticed you like Tribes... I'll let you choose between the two...

Ooh, goodie. I choose Tribes... I've never
played Counterstrike anyway. I was going to buy
it and practice. But I_am_the_best at Tribes.

Generator
09-10-2001, 09:53 PM
>>ok... what's up with the language filter???????? How am I supposed to express myself through normal language?

LOL I guess you can't... They filtered the main part of my vocabulary.

I think the site dean posted was different, but it does the same thing.

Ill have to go out and buy the game we decide to play, but Im still gonna win:p