PDA

View Full Version : Am I wrong?

AloneInTheDark
02-08-2008, 07:57 PM
First of all, Hello everyone! Kind'a new here. Just joined this forum. Seems to be a nice and calm place to hang around.

Anyway, I was trying the Code Project forums before I found this place, I couldn't stand it!

Such a mess over there, I told them but they don't agree with me that their website could be more userfriendly, am I wrong? See this example :

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/8578/examplemr6.png

Daved
02-08-2008, 08:04 PM
It would appear that the items jumped up to make room for the expanded area where the text of the post was displayed. What alternative would you prefer to display inline the full post when the link is clicked?

Imagine you clicked near the bottom of the page and the expanded post came up out of the view of the page. Would you be annoyed if you had to scroll down immediately to read any of the information in the expanded area?

Mario F.
02-08-2008, 08:04 PM
It seems confusing yes. But maybe it is a matter of getting used to it.

Welcome anyways. This isn't always the "nice calm place to hang around" :) Well, not on this forum where sometimes debates can become heated. But it certainly is on the various programming forums where everyone does behave their best. And we do have some of the finest in programming knowledge around. Have fun.

BTW, nice skin.

AloneInTheDark
02-08-2008, 08:15 PM
It would appear that the items jumped up to make room for the expanded area where the text of the post was displayed. What alternative would you prefer to display inline the full post when the link is clicked?

Imagine you clicked near the bottom of the page and the expanded post came up out of the view of the page. Would you be annoyed if you had to scroll down immediately to read any of the information in the expanded area?

Yes but I think there are better ways for it. I'm currently working on a tech forum, I'll screenshot it when I got an alpha! :)

AloneInTheDark
02-08-2008, 08:16 PM
...Welcome anyways...
BTW, nice skin.

Thanks! :)

The Opera skin I use is "mirage_alpha-1", there are a couple of other mirage skins but I like this alpha one the best.

Elysia
02-09-2008, 08:55 AM
Yeah, CodeProject forums is really poor. I don't understand why they can't just use a normal forum software such as Ikonboard, in case they want it free, or vBulletin.

AloneInTheDark
02-09-2008, 09:14 AM
Yeah, CodeProject forums is really poor. I don't understand why they can't just use a normal forum software such as Ikonboard, in case they want it free, or vBulletin.

They are also weirdly "defensive" toward anyone pointing out that it's not a userfriendly site.

Perhaps it's a good thing after all though, made me search and find this nice place!
:)