PDA

View Full Version : programming colleges?

mthemapc
02-02-2008, 09:54 PM
This is to you guys who program for your job, or used to, or are going to. What college did you go to and what would be a good kind of college to go to to get a good c++ programming job?

Thanks for the help

Rashakil Fol
02-02-2008, 11:18 PM
Why are you so intent on getting a C++ programming job?

brewbuck
02-02-2008, 11:40 PM
This is to you guys who program for your job, or used to, or are going to. What college did you go to and what would be a good kind of college to go to to get a good c++ programming job?

Choosing the source of your education based on a specific intent to use a specific language that may or may not be widely used 10 or even 5 years from now is probably unsafe. I'd stick to general computer science and learn how to program, not just in C++.

Rashakil Fol
02-03-2008, 12:16 AM
Also, you might change your mind about wanting to get a C++ programming job.

DangerDev
02-03-2008, 12:34 AM
its good to program in c++, but u should learn concepts not any particular language it will make ur future safe. Try to understand computer science not just program.

mthemapc
02-03-2008, 11:40 AM
ok thanks guys yeah im gonna expand my languages to like java and other good languages

Rashakil Fol
02-03-2008, 01:51 PM
ok thanks guys yeah im gonna expand my languages to like java and other good languages

Ok, here's a list that you might want to learn. :-)

Ruby
Oz
Factor
Scheme
Haskell
Erlang
D

Most of these are not good languages, but at least one is. (Is Java a good language? You'll find out.)

mthemapc
02-03-2008, 02:43 PM
Ok, here's a list that you might want to learn. :-)

Ruby
Oz
Factor
Scheme
Haskell
Erlang
D

Most of these are not good languages, but at least one is. (Is Java a good language? You'll find out.)

lol wow i've never heard of any of those