PDA

View Full Version : Freedom.

darknite135
02-01-2008, 11:27 PM
I'm afraid that moderators are out of control in Cboard and that one of them (Bubba) closed two of my threads because he had "suspicion" that I was going to be a uberleethaxor and virus up the forum. What the hell does a Keylogger have to do with Direct3D? I never knew moderators were that stupid. K close this thread, Bubba, but you cannot remove it. They will see what kind of tyrant you have been.

brewbuck
02-01-2008, 11:35 PM
I'm afraid that moderators are out of control in Cboard and that one of them (Bubba) closed two of my threads because he had "suspicion" that I was going to be a uberleethaxor and virus up the forum. What the hell does a Keylogger have to do with Direct3D? I never knew moderators were that stupid. K close this thread, Bubba, but you cannot remove it. They will see what kind of tyrant you have been.

Whatever, cracker boy.

VirtualAce
02-01-2008, 11:47 PM
6. Messages relating to cracking, (erroneously called "hacking" by many), copyright violations, or other illegal activities will be deleted. This includes all messages regarding keyloggers.

Hacking was mentioned in the Direct3D post. Keylogger mentioned in another post. Both violate forum rules. Thus closure.

laserlight
02-01-2008, 11:54 PM
one of them (Bubba) closed two of my threads because he had "suspicion" that I was going to be a uberleethaxor
According to the forum rules (http://cboard.cprogramming.com/announcement.php?f=3&a=51):
6. Messages relating to cracking, (erroneously called "hacking" by many), copyright violations, or other illegal activities will be deleted. This includes all messages reguarding to keyloggers.

Bubba closed your threads in order to get the message across, especially since there were no replies at that point.

and virus up the forum.
Of course, any information given out would not have helped you "virus up the forum" anyway.

What the hell does a Keylogger have to do with Direct3D?
If you consider them different issues, then it implies that you are guilty on two counts instead of one, and thus deserve double the punishment.

K close this thread, Bubba, but you cannot remove it.
We can remove it, of course, but it is probably more fun to let the general population laugh at you.

Anyway... you have a choice: you can either stay on (perhaps after a ban), learn and contribute to the community here without breaking the rules, or you can leave.

Elysia
02-02-2008, 05:36 AM
Badmouthing the moderators is never the right way to go.
What you should do is PM one of them, try to explain what you're doing, and if it is indeed genuine and you can convince some of them, they can reopen your threads and stop closing them. All fair.
If it turns out that they will not listen because they think it's something bad, then it's better to stop arguing, find some other place who might listen to you and try there. The forum here is still open for other questions and concerns you might have you.
Don't destroy your chances here due to some small misconceptions.

darknite135
02-02-2008, 01:47 PM
Badmouthing the moderators is never the right way to go.
What you should do is PM one of them, try to explain what you're doing, and if it is indeed genuine and you can convince some of them, they can reopen your threads and stop closing them. All fair.
If it turns out that they will not listen because they think it's something bad, then it's better to stop arguing, find some other place who might listen to you and try there. The forum here is still open for other questions and concerns you might have you.
Don't destroy your chances here due to some small misconceptions.

I did that but Bubba deleted them before he read them. Lmao

Mario F.
02-02-2008, 02:13 PM
You have no way of knowing if someone deletes your PMs before reading them.

I'm hereby closing this thread.

Yarin
02-02-2008, 02:18 PM
This thread is not closed. :D

EDIT:
darknite135, some mods are more flexible and forgiving than others. Bubba is just one of the picky ones. Look at the bright side, he has done me more wong than you. But complaining won't help. Elysia's advice is good.

Mario F.
02-02-2008, 02:27 PM
This thread is not closed.

Hush.

twomers
02-02-2008, 03:47 PM
>> This thread is not closed.
I'm surprised. Mario has powers... political powers.

psychopath
02-02-2008, 03:53 PM
Bubba is just one of the picky ones.
Mentioning keyloggers and things of that nature is clearly stated as being against the rules. I hardly see how that's picky.

Mario F.
02-02-2008, 04:09 PM
Hey twomers. Good to see you are still around.

>> This thread is not closed.
I'm surprised. Mario has powers... political powers.

I deny everything.

indigo0086
02-02-2008, 04:43 PM
Let's rename this thread for the portugese audience.

"John and jane make it out alive"
"not unfree"
"Darknite and the key of logging"

dwks
02-02-2008, 04:45 PM
I'm not inclined to trust someone too much who has this signature:

If (UserPort == Insecure)
{
Hack();
}

Hack()
{
LogOn (UserPort);
Send.Virus
LogOff (UserPort);
}
The 1337 Hacker Hehe

twomers
02-02-2008, 04:56 PM
>> Hey twomers. Good to see you are still around.
You too. Thought you were gone!

I wouldn't be too worried, dwk... his hack function has no return type (unless it's a constructor), his if statement is an If statement, his virus sending method is the wrong way around, surely, and doesn't call a function... just states something without a ;. I think we're safe.

Mario F.
02-02-2008, 05:01 PM
And he forgot to declare hack(). I'm turning my computer off just in case though.

dwks
02-02-2008, 05:05 PM
It's the intent that matters, twomers.

What's funny though is I was thinking exactly the same thing -- about Send.Virus, I mean. :)

And he forgot to declare hack(). I'm turning my computer off just in case though.

Eh -- what? You mean, prototype Hack() (not hack())?

Mario F.
02-02-2008, 05:08 PM
prototype Hack(), yes.

Look, I should have turned my computer off by now.

dwks
02-02-2008, 05:10 PM
You don't have to prototype functions, in C at least. You might get warnings, but hey.

It's not C or C++, it's 1337! -- or was that lolcode?

Mario F.
02-02-2008, 05:12 PM
Ah. Bummer. He's clearly smarter than I am :(

twomers
02-02-2008, 05:18 PM
You don't think... remember the recent (last year), site down time? You don't think...

Mario F.
02-02-2008, 05:25 PM
OMG! You think?

I think, I think too.

ps: I really need to do something better with my time

twomers
02-02-2008, 06:21 PM
I think I can, I think I can, I think I can...
I knew I could.

(You know it's bad when you start quoting Thomas the Tank Engine...)

mthemapc
02-02-2008, 07:25 PM
>> Hey twomers. Good to see you are still around.
You too. Thought you were gone!

I wouldn't be too worried, dwk... his hack function has no return type (unless it's a constructor), his if statement is an If statement, his virus sending method is the wrong way around, surely, and doesn't call a function... just states something without a ;. I think we're safe.

Haha, yeah he's got a lot of bugs in that bit of code.

whiteflags
02-02-2008, 07:39 PM
How productive of us all.

This thread has ended peacefully.

zacs7
02-02-2008, 08:53 PM
I'm not inclined to trust someone too much who has this signature:

Why? It just makes him advertise the fact what a fool he is.

@ 'Awesome Hacker man': If you want to bash someone, don't try and bash an admin -- I find Elysia is a good person to bash instead :)

mthemapc
02-02-2008, 09:31 PM
Why? It just makes him advertise the fact what a fool he is.

@ 'Awesome Hacker man': If you want to bash someone, don't try and bash an admin -- I find Elysia is a good person to bash instead :)

lol that's not nice, Elysia is a good person who helps people

Yarin
02-03-2008, 06:08 PM
Mentioning keyloggers and things of that nature is clearly stated as being against the rules. I hardly see how that's picky.
I'm not saying that's being picky, I'm just going by history that has nothing to do with this.

his virus sending method is the wrong way around, surely, and doesn't call a function... just states something without a ;. I think we're safe.
You can't go by that. This is a simple fix... :D

#define Virus virus_to(UserPort);

Yarin
02-03-2008, 06:10 PM
>> lol that's not nice, Elysia is a good person who helps people
Yes and you eat babies.

foxman
02-03-2008, 07:42 PM
Since this thread is going nowhere (or is it?)...

I changed my avatar for a colorful one. I don't know if it looks good or if it looks horrible.

CornedBee
02-04-2008, 05:28 AM
You're right, it's going nowhere.