PDA

View Full Version : A Comic

CrazyNorman
01-30-2008, 09:41 PM
My friend and I decided to attempt an online comic. She does the art, I maintain the site, and help with the ideas, and this (http://www.dandongs.com/) is the result (I apologize for the sketchy looking url, it is SFW).

I've never attempted anything like this before, so I just wanted everyone's opinions. Like the comic, don't like it? The website?

robwhit
01-30-2008, 10:03 PM
Is there a way to stop the aliasing? Text fitting could use some refinement. Do you render it or is it in a raster?

Regardless, it's a good start. *thumbs up*

Perspective
01-31-2008, 11:25 AM
I like the math joke :)

twomers
01-31-2008, 12:48 PM
Those moving links drive me crazy! Not bad, though. I like the maths joke, too.
Make feeds and I'll check it out whenever it's updated.

Yarin
01-31-2008, 12:56 PM
>> Those moving links drive me crazy! Not bad, though. I like the maths joke, too.
Ditto.

CornedBee
01-31-2008, 01:05 PM
The panel arrangement needs some serious work.

The drawings are good, but the text doesn't fit them in style at all. I'm not sure why.

twomers
02-01-2008, 01:12 PM
>> The drawings are good, but the text doesn't fit them in style at all.
I like the way the text is arranged. It's not regular, but I appreciate it for some reason.
Links are better now! I recommend centring the text in the links... for me the text is too close to the border.
Also, if I click on '>' or '<' to proceed to the next and previous comics the '>' image moves slightly, which looks nice, and I assumed first was intentional... but seeing how it works I assume this is, what one might call, an undocumented feature.

Dino
02-01-2008, 02:00 PM
Get rid of this and it'll be a nice looking page.

http://tevlog.com/dandong/img/logo.jpg

Transitions are a bit slow.

On the about page, move Andong to the left and Dan to the right - then the "I can't draw" will have more affect.

You have my attention for the whole browser page. EXPLORE the page. Widen it up and move the text boxes out of the drawing if you need to, to make them more readable. (Oh, I see your image is max'ed out already.)

I would agree the "next" and "prev" arrows could be better. Perhaps she who draws could draw a couple. It wouldn't be so cheesy that way. Kinda looks junior. high schoolish right now.

Good job!

CrazyNorman
02-01-2008, 02:18 PM
Thanks for all your feedback. Personally, I like the way the comics are getting arranged, although they can be a little confusing at times. This will hopefully improve as we draw more. I killed the moving links, because they were a terrible design decision (I don't know what I was smoking).

As for the arrows, she did draw them, but really fast. We'll probably have new arrows, and even a new logo some time soon (she draw the logo before her drawing tablet arrived, in paint).

I'm glad you all seem to like the comic.