PDA

View Full Version : Things you would like to see in the FAQ

lightatdawn
01-29-2002, 02:48 PM
I'm compiling a list of things that people would like to see put in the FAQ. I have literally zero time available right now (I shouldnt even be here typing this) but some people have approached me with this and i agree. The FAQ needs updating and i think people would like to see some more stuff in it.

So heres your chance. What would you like to see? I'll be compiling a list and when i think its complete i'll be posting again looking for people who would be willing to actually write the stuff.

So, let the posting begin!

Govtcheez
01-29-2002, 02:51 PM
I'd say pretty much everything on the FAQ board that's not already in the (ahem) board FAQ...

I can compile the ones there, if you don't have enough time.

Govtcheez
01-29-2002, 02:54 PM
'Nother thing.... I always see lotsa people with questions about sorting (and similarly, people with ?'s about how to find the max value in a given data set)...

Betazep
01-29-2002, 02:55 PM
File I/O File I/O File I/O File I/O File I/O File I/O File I/O File I/O File I/O File I/O

oh and

File I/O

minime6696
01-29-2002, 04:26 PM
I have allready stated my ideas and request to write mateirials in my talking 2 u about makking this post, so I have nothing more to say.

SPH :)

lightatdawn
01-29-2002, 05:23 PM
I'm going to let this thread sit here for a while until it accumulates a bunch of ideas. Then in a couple days i'll get back to everyone who offers and help and i'll try to find people who can do the rest. I'm sorry but i cant do anything right now as i'm really busy. I'll check back ASAP though and sort it all out. Keep the ideas coming. Thanks guys.

DISGUISED
01-30-2002, 05:59 PM
I would like to see more commonly used methods. Like others have said, File I/O, sorting arrays etc. Maybe some information about compiler differences or use of compilers in general, specifcally like debugging and general info like that.

I would also like to see more being done with the FAQ board.

Unregistered
01-30-2002, 07:43 PM
We should extended the tutorial list

1. Nehe's opengl tutorials nehe.gamedev.net
2. Something on algero
3. maybe SDL

breed
02-01-2002, 04:16 PM
How about expanding the ways that people use structures & unions,
Iv'e notice that the tutorials and books breeze across the subject

i.e differing way to access, assign & manipulate members within unions & structures.

minime6696
02-02-2002, 03:11 PM
If there will be a new faq... I think people should vote on "candidates" to be in charge of it. Whoever gets elected is the new "FAQ Master" or w/e. I for one would like to be nominated, since I think everyhting i've seen so far is great ideas! :)

SPH

Betazep
02-05-2002, 10:29 AM
http://www.cprogramming.com/cboard/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10224

http://www.cprogramming.com/cboard/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10120