PDA

View Full Version : join and dont post - whats the point

iain
01-27-2002, 03:08 PM
why do people join if they dont post? looking at the members lists - there are 222 pages which at 10 per page is 2220 members. From page 172 onwards all members have no posts - thats 50 pages and 500 members have registered and never posted. what is the point

Isometric
01-27-2002, 03:25 PM
They are probaly just jioning so they know whats been posted since they last been here. But looking at the members list I noticed I was #109 in post counts (before this post)

Sorensen
01-27-2002, 03:31 PM
Maybe, they join with the intention of posting sometime, and then never come back. I've signed up at a few message boards that I very rarely visit/post at.

maes
01-27-2002, 03:46 PM
lol

I remembered the first time you asked this question. It changed my whole life(hmm, lets say on this board). Before that, I was a lurker to. I had registerd but didn't post. My first post (on the new board) was an answer to this question.
I've been with this board, almost a year and the first 9 monts I had a postcount of max 5. I wasn't registerd on the old board. I posted as wiseguy. I doubt anyone will remember me as that name, otherwise he/she must have a great memory.
But on behalf of the lurkers. I liked having a name on this board. even if I didn't post. When you come here very often, you'll start to know the regulars and when you have a name here, that will make you a little part of this community(sp?). And when you do make a post, it won't be under unregistered.You'll have an identity.
I think it is pretty much the same thing as I told you last time. But I'm glad(sp?) I posted on that question. It was the start of many posts. And it is much more fun to post then to lurk around. Thank you for that Iain:;
Maybe your post will again get some lurkers to unlurk.

DrakkenKorin
01-27-2002, 10:14 PM
Its just for that glorious feeling of belonging.

:)

gnu-ehacks
01-27-2002, 10:17 PM
Maybe they just do this to take up server memory. A mod should compare different IP's and see if they match up.

Captain Penguin
01-27-2002, 10:37 PM
I don't post MUCH.. but I'm here...

Betazep
01-27-2002, 10:42 PM
***twilight zone theme***

Are you sure you are here? What if you weren't and really thought you were...? Maybe we aren't here. Maybe all of us are MEEEEEEEEE! Muuuuwaaaahaahaahaaaa

Govtcheez
01-28-2002, 06:28 AM
> A mod should compare different IP's and see if they match up.

Hey, if you want to go through the 2000+ accounts and see if any of the IPs match, you can have my mod wand...

> Maybe all of us are MEEEEEEEEE!

No, God, No!!!!!

shtarker
01-28-2002, 06:39 AM
To answer your question, take a look at the C# board. One of the biggest topics there is whether or not they should change it to the Java board. You tell me why people can't be bothered to post.