PDA

View Full Version : Spam Statistics

CrazyNorman
10-23-2007, 07:41 PM
I was reading the half bakery the other day, and someone had the idea of having a page, which distributes a different e-mail address to each visitor, collecting information (client type, access times, ip address, etc.). Then, if that specific address receives e-mail, that means that the client was somehow tied to the spam.

I thought it would be interesting to see what sort of information I could gather this way, so I've implemented it. I was just wondering if anyone can link to the page, so that some e-mail harvesters can start dropping by it.

http://tevlog.com/spam/distrib.php

Sang-drax
10-23-2007, 10:27 PM
Interesting. Shouldn't you prefix the adress with something more imaginative than "User", though? I guess it probably doesn't matter, but still...

I spammed you, BTW. :) Just to see if you're able to see my statistic. Please post it here.

CrazyNorman
10-24-2007, 07:56 AM
Subject: Test
This is not spam

abachler
10-24-2007, 08:14 AM
One of these days I shoudl write an autospammer, and make it so annoying that they have to pass a law against spam.

matsp
10-24-2007, 09:14 AM
One of these days I shoudl write an autospammer, and make it so annoying that they have to pass a law against spam.
I think the first step has already been achieved - the second step has been implemented in some countries, but of course, you have to convince ALL countries to sign up to prevent this from happening [and prevent criminals from using security holes to bypass the rules].

--
Mats