PDA

View Full Version : any 'go to top' button/link in the thread page?

gibsosmat
10-22-2007, 07:24 AM
I wish there is some 'go to top' link/button in the forum..
preferably just below the 'user online status' in a post..
most of the forums have..
its little annoying to go to the top scrolling and then change the forum to see unanswered posts.
any better way to browse threads?

btw what will the thread tree browser show for a multi quoted post?

CornedBee
10-22-2007, 08:40 AM
I don't think anyone uses the thread tree browser, but if I had to guess, I'd say the browser would show the multi-quoting post as a reply to the post you ultimately clicked the real quote button on, or to the top-level post if you use the non-quoting post reply.

As for a Go To Top button, mine is located in the top middle of those six buttons just above my arrow buttons.

Perspective
10-22-2007, 09:10 AM
There's a "Top" link at the bottom right of the page.

maxorator
10-22-2007, 01:23 PM
I don't think anyone uses the thread tree browser, but if I had to guess, I'd say the browser would show the multi-quoting post as a reply to the post you ultimately clicked the real quote button on, or to the top-level post if you use the non-quoting post reply.
I use it to go to the root (yeah, I've been messing with Linux lately).

gibsosmat
11-07-2007, 07:36 AM

As for a Go To Top button, mine is located in the top middle of those six buttons just above my arrow buttons.
I just tried to use it.. :D
it appears in mailing lists.. but would be useful if it is intelligent to now whom the user is refering

There's a "Top" link at the bottom right of the page.
well, but its at the bottom of the page :p
this is the first time I went to that area scrolling :)

I use it to go to the root (yeah, I've been messing with Linux lately).

yo maxorator.. me too.. but its lot of fun to see linux giving errors :)