PDA

View Full Version : Presentation on a Computer related Topic

PING
08-02-2007, 04:45 AM
Okay, heres the deal, i have a course this semester in university which is about improving presentation and communication skills and our group is supposed to present some computer related topic. Something which is technical enough to be relevant to a computer engineer's syllabus.. Can someone suggest me some good technical topics that we could cover, i was thinking on lines of network security or ethical hacking or the iphone..please tell me if you have some ideas.. :)

Happy_Reaper
08-02-2007, 06:59 AM
How about : Proper coding practices in the workplace.

Man, how I wish more people knew about that one.

matsp
08-02-2007, 07:01 AM
Or "how to debug your code"?

That's a common subject of posts here (as in, people can't debug their code, so ask someone else to do it for them).

--
Mats

PING
08-02-2007, 08:38 AM
Hmmm...well, its not really supposed to be on coding as such, more like a general presentation on some new technology related to computers..some of the people i know are doing stuff on use of computers in genetics, laser guided missiles, bluetooth watches .. man i feel like doing one on star wars :P

matsp
08-02-2007, 08:45 AM
How about virtualization - that's a farily new topic, and can be short or long as needed, depending on how much detail you cover.

By the way, debugging techniques is not about coding, at least not directly.

--
Mats

whiteflags
08-02-2007, 08:55 AM
Destroy a computer and turn it into a discussion about how processors and stuff work, or something. I can't help but think of the audience. Someone has to show up the missile guy, especially if he brings a model to class.

DavidP
08-02-2007, 09:23 AM
It sounds like you are in a class very similar to mine right now. I am taking a course called "Technical Writing" at my university, in which we must do some similar stuff.

Whatever topic you choose, who is your audience considered to be? I assume it is your other classmates. In such a case, are they all CS, CE, or EE majors, or do they also come from other backgrounds? If they come from other majors, make sure to play down the technical terms for them.

PING
08-02-2007, 10:08 AM
@davidP : Yes, our subject is similar to that, we are supposed to submit a report on the topic and then do a presentation on it..The audience will be my classmates and a few people who will be grading us. I just cant seem to be able to come up with a decent enough topic :( help help

BobMcGee123
08-02-2007, 11:21 PM
I am a vampire!

Salem
08-02-2007, 11:41 PM
I am a vampire!
You could discuss the problems associated with a Buffy overflow attack ;)

BobMcGee123
08-02-2007, 11:47 PM
Uhh...wow...can we say 'racist?'