PDA

View Full Version : NetHack

g4j31a5
07-09-2007, 09:18 PM
Anybody here played NetHack? This game is so frustating. I my best character was a level 11 Valkyrie on level 13 dungeon of doom. D'oh!

My most frequent death was being killed by some petty monsters while helpless because of that Goddamn floating eye. Or being morphed because of lycanthropes or stepping on a trap of polymorph. Anybody here has finished the game?

kroiz
07-10-2007, 03:50 AM
I played it. still do some times, but I never come close to finishing it.
I guess I never will.
If you really want to, there are cheats available to let you start the game from last saved game even if you died, also you can explore the source code to get some insights.

pianorain
07-10-2007, 10:05 AM
That game is like a scab that I just have to pick at. Still haven't beat it.

g4j31a5
07-10-2007, 08:17 PM
I played it. still do some times, but I never come close to finishing it.
I guess I never will.
If you really want to, there are cheats available to let you start the game from last saved game even if you died, also you can explore the source code to get some insights.

Really? Where can I get the cheat? It's a pain to start over from scratch when you've died with some nifty equipments such as Gauntlet of Power, Elven Boot, Cloak of Displacement, and Cleaver (I've bribed the God big time for this one :( ). And even worse when the cause of death is just plain stupid like attacking a floating eye because I over pressed the direction button, equipments stolen by a nymph, or stepping on a trap.

kroiz
07-10-2007, 11:44 PM
a simple googling gave me that:

http://www.steelypips.org/nethack/343/bone-343.html

there is more info on the internet just google nethack and bones