PDA

View Full Version : new programmer here

David.Joseph
07-07-2007, 03:14 AM
Hey guys,
I'm David and I'm fairly new to programming. I'm a math and biochem major at ASU, and I've recently decided to go into bioinformatics in grad school (I'm a sophomore undergrad right now.) As far as programming goes, I know a little Java and I'm learning C from the book "The C Programming Language". Why did I choose to start with C? Not too sure, but it seems to be a pretty ubiquitous language, and I've always been prone to learning things from the ground up. So I'll be stopping by the C forum quite often. Looking forward to learning a lot and interacting with some cool people!

Prelude
07-07-2007, 05:31 AM
>I'm learning C from the book "The C Programming Language".
I like you already.

DavidP
07-07-2007, 10:01 AM
Welcome!

As far as C being ubiquitous, 'tis very true. :) It's all over, really.

brewbuck
07-07-2007, 03:46 PM
Hey guys,
I'm David and I'm fairly new to programming. I'm a math and biochem major at ASU, and I've recently decided to go into bioinformatics in grad school (I'm a sophomore undergrad right now.) As far as programming goes, I know a little Java and I'm learning C from the book "The C Programming Language". Why did I choose to start with C? Not too sure, but it seems to be a pretty ubiquitous language, and I've always been prone to learning things from the ground up. So I'll be stopping by the C forum quite often. Looking forward to learning a lot and interacting with some cool people!

Glutton for self-punishment, huh?

Congrats on choosing C, but don't let it taint your entire view of computer programming. It doesn't HAVE to suck this hard, we just like it that way. ;)