PDA

View Full Version : A question of ethics.

iain
01-19-2002, 08:07 PM
Purely out of curiosity,

would any of you kill for money?
For lets say 2 Million USD if you were 100 % certain that you would not be caught, could you point and shoot?

Disclaimer: I am not seeking trained assassins, hitmen or any other hired violence force. Neither I am offering any such service.
Please - No confessions of murder, actual, attempted or planned.
I accept no responsibility for the warped and bizarre replies that this post may produce

DavidP
01-19-2002, 08:14 PM
No, I would not kill any living human unless I was drafted into the military in a time of massive war and destruction.

*whispers* lets go this way.. *whispers* there he is! *static...* you got the shot? you got the shot? *static* just give me 3 more seconds *static* we have no time! *static* ... *silenced gun noise* ...its done...now lets get outta here *whispers* aight, lez go. *static* this is Alpha patrol...mission accomplished... *static* great job Alpha, Beta is on its way to rendezvous *static* Point One, dont go that way! *sirens* crap! lets get outta here! *shuffled steps* hurry! *AK-47 gun fire* go go go!!!!! *static* STOP!! MURDERER!! GET THEM!!! *static* lets go come on...hurry...over the rope....!!! *static* Alpha group...reporting safely out of complex....rendezvous with Beta in 5 minutes... *static*

mithrandir
01-19-2002, 08:16 PM
No. It is unethical, immoral, and illegal.

Dissata
01-19-2002, 08:41 PM
If the money was mine at first and he had stolen it, and/or he was threatening the life of me or my loved ones then yes, else no

kermi3
01-19-2002, 09:03 PM
Depends, I would kill for monney If I was being paid by uncle sam, or if uncle sam and had realy screewed up.

Ditto

Also of course in self defense (of myself, friends, family and country).

Betazep
01-19-2002, 09:31 PM
I wouldn't kill for money... but I would for a cause if that cause was just in my heart.

I would kill to protect my family, myself, and if just enough... my country. (in that order with the first two no-questions-asked)

Govtcheez
01-19-2002, 10:29 PM
Hmm.... good question (da-ese: good ?uestion)...

I suppose so - depending on the person... For example, I'd probably kill bin Laden for free...

dirkduck
01-19-2002, 10:42 PM
"A question of ethics."...a very familiar topic...you wouldnt happen to be/know postmon now would you?

Aran
01-19-2002, 11:10 PM
I would do it.

I would do it quickly, easily, and without pain.

It wouldn't really bother my conscience. I'd just block it out when i saw it on TV, newspapers, etc.

Null Shinji
01-19-2002, 11:35 PM
WTF? that is sick man, money is important but that is just sick!

bobthefish3
01-20-2002, 01:45 AM
#define minimal 0

void main (void)
{
long personal_gain = 3000000;
int personal_loss = minimal;
bool vengeance = true;
bool loved_ones_at_risk = true;

if (personal_gain >= $2,000,000)
{
if (personal_loss == minimal && vengeance == true)
{
if (loved_ones_at_risk = true)
{
kill_them = true;
}
else
{
kill_them = false;
}
}
else
{
kill_them = false;
}
}
else
{
kill_them = false;
}
}

as you can probably see from this program that i've hastely constructed for you, this perfectly shows whether or not i would kill a person for money and the backup reasons that must be present to do it.
If you look very closely at the initial values of my variables the program would always make kill_them true, so hmm.... is the program really worth it? LOL -- who says the general C board has nothing to do with programming topics...

Brian
01-20-2002, 02:44 AM
yeah *growlhs* KILL KILL BLOOD DEATH MUWAHAHAHAHAAHHAHHAAHDU AHAHAHHAHHAHA :mad:DIE

incognito
01-20-2002, 10:04 AM
I would probably kill to defend my family, myself, and my country.... Also even though I think that this is very unlikey I would probably kill if I have to in the name of my religion, once again I don't think this would ever happen.

Edge
01-20-2002, 10:27 AM
Think how many people die in accidents each day, is one more death really something to worry about?
If it is wrong to kill someone for money, isnt it just as wrong to not kill them and deprive your family of the money?
What if they were really sick, would it be ok then?