PDA

View Full Version : if you could meet someone from here in live, who would it be?

doubleanti
01-18-2002, 05:05 PM
i'd meet kermi3!

Govtcheez
01-18-2002, 05:07 PM
Penny :D:D:D:D

Betazep
01-18-2002, 05:12 PM
hmmmm

Penny (but she wouldn't show) sooo lightatdawn

Govtcheez
01-18-2002, 05:15 PM
> (but she wouldn't show)

Good point, so nvoigt...

Remember Penny, 11 GMT tomorrow morning!

DavidP
01-18-2002, 05:25 PM
doubleanti....of course he's two people...so could i only meet one of him?

or Sunlight...

lightatdawn
01-18-2002, 07:45 PM
I'd have to say Betazep... Uncanny isnt it? :eek: Seems to be the kind of person whose company i'd actually enjoy, as opposed to merely having something (programming obviously) in common with.
I have to ask something though... Why so B-L-U-E? I dont get it. :confused:

Also, Penny (she seems to be rather popular here so far). Anyone who snowboards is worth meeting IMO. :cool:

Betazep
01-18-2002, 07:59 PM
It is my favorite color. Blue car, blue carpet in my house, blue artwork, blue and grey and black furniture, etc etc.

For some it is a really.... well... sad... color. To me it is rather cheery. I just dig it I suppose. And since my avatar is blue....

well....

blue :)

Plus it sounds cool.... buuuhlooooo!

lightatdawn
01-18-2002, 08:07 PM
Gottcha. I just couldn't stop wondering whether i was missing out on some secret organisation or something. :)

*whisper whisper* This way *whisper* Welcome *whisper* the Blue club! ...

Betazep
01-18-2002, 08:11 PM
Well alright... the secret is out. You are missing out.

whisper...whisper... yes he knows... whisper... whisper... ok kill him later, got it... whisper... whisper

mithrandir
01-19-2002, 02:40 AM
Troll_King

nvoigt
01-19-2002, 03:07 AM
Well... I already had my share of meeting someone from this board in person... *sigh*

"However, a wise traveller realizes that a few happy moments with an American do not translate into a permanent commitment of any kind. Indeed, permanent commitments are what Americans fear the most. This is a nation whose most fundamental social relationship is the casual aquaintance."
-Xenophobes guide to the Americans

I should have listened...

Don't be shy, meet whoever you want. Just be prepared that 5000 miles is not a comfortable distance for anything but email contact. Just saying. Once bitten twice shy :(

Well, meet someone... I'd like to meet Govt and Adrian, probably all of the moderator gang. The webmaster of course. And Sunlight.

ihsir
01-19-2002, 06:19 AM
WHAT nobody want to meet SupremeOmnipotence..

mithrandir
01-19-2002, 06:36 AM
>> Well... I already had my share of meeting someone from this board in person... *sigh* <<

A reference to your infamous romance with a ex-female member? How long ago was that?

kermi3
01-19-2002, 09:06 AM
I'd meet govt I think, though many of yall would be worth the time.

Doubleanti would be cool to me though, cause I'd like to see someone whos two sexes at once!!! now THAT would be intresting! ;)

-KEN-
01-19-2002, 09:11 AM
hmm...I think I would most like to meet most people from the old board. kermi, govt, da, adrian, lightatdawn, sunlight, rick...all y'all.

Pendragon
01-19-2002, 09:18 AM
Hmm... good question DA.

I've already met one person from the board. But I don't really think it counts because I knew him before I'd heard of CProgrammingDotCom.He was the person who introduced me to the site. He said it was rather good. :D

Out of the 2000-odd people left minus him... I'd say... Betazep and/or Govtcheez and/or lightatdawn.

Betazep
(but she wouldn't show)

Oh ye of little faith... :p

There are probably one or two more but I recently fell out with my memory and I can't remember...
...don't take it personally! :D

lightatdawn
Anyone who snowboards is worth meeting IMO.

Or *tries* to... :D

-KEN-
01-19-2002, 09:27 AM
*gasps* Penny! You're terrible! you'll never make it to govt's house today! It's already 10:26 AM here...better get flying!

Pendragon
01-19-2002, 09:32 AM
You're terrible!

LOL! I hear that a lot!

I wonder why...? Hmm... ;) :D

It is 15:32 here at this particular moment. OODLES OF TIME! :p

nvoigt
01-19-2002, 09:37 AM
>infamous

lol, did I miss a public announcement ? You make it sound as if it was a board myth ;) It was 2001.

Whatever, I would really like to down a beer or two with you boys ( and girls ;) ) if we should ever meet.

Govtcheez
01-19-2002, 10:26 AM
Penny... I'm disappointed. You were supposed to be here at 11 GMT, which is 6 am in my time... Ken, basilisk, collegegirl.... Where is everyone? I'm so lonely.... ::sniff::

Pendragon
01-19-2002, 04:41 PM
Dammnit! Sorry!

I got as far as Bristol whereupon I felt the urge to get off the train and do some shopping. ;)

I hang my head in shame.

Yoshi
01-19-2002, 05:01 PM
The webmaster... I'd like to see what Alexander the Great really looks like! :p

Govtcheez
01-19-2002, 06:36 PM
> I hang my head in shame.

That's right! Hang it! Hang it!

(side note: damn Eagles...)

basilisk
01-19-2002, 07:18 PM
Ken, basilisk, collegegirl.... Where is everyone? I'm so lonely.... ::sniff::
i'm sorry i forgot - was playing halo on an xbox - i'll make it next time.
who would i like to meet - hmm dont know if i would actually like to meet - its quite fun trying to think of what you all look like - it would be an anti climax to actually see you all...

doubleanti
01-19-2002, 07:24 PM
yes yes, we've already discussed the ramifications of disappointment and reality-stricken disillusionment in the original OFD thread, see previously mentioned thread for general recap.

Unregistered
01-19-2002, 07:44 PM
I'd have to say quzah, I get the feeling we would get along well.

iain
01-19-2002, 07:48 PM
i wanna meet all of you and have a big programmers party in my garden!

btw: i have met one person of the baord - 'jock' lives in the same town as me!