PDA

View Full Version : Who stands out...

Betazep
01-15-2002, 01:49 PM
In your mind... who stands out on this board (for you). List only five and don't feel bad if you are not on the list. Don't list me... I don't count.

For me it is

[stealth] - For some reason [stealth] is always really cool. Came to my chat room a million times. Just really friendly mostly and really intelligent.

Pendragon - After spelling my name wrong eighteen million times, we have a nice rapport. She is always friendly and supportive and really smart.

nvoigt (nv) - Cool, reasonable, fair, just, intelligent, oldtimer :)... I give a lot of respect to what he says.

adrianxw - see nvoigt X2. and from a country I would most like to visit.

lightatdawn - Dude that I would most like to have a beer with and talk about life, women, and almost anything else. Proud Canadian, cool car, nice guy, very smart.

That is my five but there are others (collegegirl, Ken, etc). There is no reason or rhyme for this list. It is just how I feel at this moment.

Stoned_Coder
01-15-2002, 02:02 PM
ok then in no particular order.....

1) Salem....... What can you say about this guy. He knows his onions and can keep his cool mostly lol. Best straight c guy on the board I reckon.

2) Zen ...... Good all rounder, good on windows,mfc,c++,c. Good sense of humour.

3) Sayeh ...... I wish hed join up again. I'd love to pick some choice info from that wealth of information. Very old school but I personally like that. It was how I was taught.

4) NV ..... Very friendly and helpful. And he writes a good pathfinding class lol. Thanks for that nv was most helpful.

5) Quzah ..... Dont you love it when hes asked how to clear the screen.

Govtcheez
01-15-2002, 02:07 PM
For me:

1) All the super-knowledgable people (including, but not limited to, salem, adrian, sayeh, nv, quzah, zen, nick). No, they're not one person, but I usually know that if the thread reads last replied too by one of them, there's no reason to look at it

2) doubleanti... nothing more really need to be said - I think s/he's the most interesting person here.

3) ken - just fun to shoot the ahem... stuff with...

4) static - fun to talk to - interesting outlook on things

5) dean - no matter how many times he changes his name or says he's retired, we all know who he is...

Fordy
01-15-2002, 02:14 PM
I guess....

adrian & Salem - for being nice dudes with tons of knowledge

Zen & Stoned Coder.......for being Gurus

Sayah for sharp, venomous & interesting responses

Brian
01-15-2002, 02:28 PM
hmm..
doubleanti
doubleanti
doubleanti
doubleanti
doubleanti

Ph34r th3 h3/5h3

Pendragon
01-15-2002, 03:25 PM
eighteen million times
LOL! Unfortunately Betazep is a bit prone to exaggeration... :D

She is always friendly and supportive and really smart.
Aww! Shucks! :cool: ::blushes::

Sunlight- though he's not posting here any more you can't really beat him for scathing remarks and he knows a hellish amount about software engineering, electronics, hardware, C, C++, Java, Win32, DirectX, guitars, music...

Doubleanti the gender chameleon - Intriguing and strangely interesting. Funny... Genuinely nice dude (or dudette)...

Fordy - funny, level-headed and intelligent. The Wales saga continues...

Nvoigt - Cool, reasonable and knows his stuff. I respect this guy.

Zen- Knows his onions... and pears... and cabbages...

DavidP
01-15-2002, 04:58 PM
Sunlight - he is definitely the best ive seen here. Though he doesnt post anymore, he gave me more help than I can even think of. He knew the answer to everything I would ask...

Salem (aka Stee) - yet another good one. Helped me a lot.

nv - another good one from the old board....ah...i remember the old board.....

doubleanti - hes always there to discuss mathematics and graphics with. i remember when we were talkin on AIM and he made up the hazzafraggin phrase....

lightatdawn - another veteran from the good ol' old board....smart and competent.

-KEN-
01-15-2002, 05:03 PM
Hm...no real order here:

nvoigt - don't really know why, but I like this guy. Good personality, I guess. Real knowledgeable...likes dean about as much as I do...;)

doubleanti - who doesn't like it?...although a BIT on the strange side...(and "bit" is stretching it! :))

govtcheez - Fun to talk with, pretty knowledgable

davidp - fun to talk with, knowledgable...yadda yadda...

salem/stee - damned if he doesn't know his stuff

...and just about everyone from the old board...remember when we used to be a tight community? "One fine day", my friends...

kermi3
01-15-2002, 05:19 PM
good Q.... hmmm

in no paticular order:

1. Webmaster - When he speaks it's always intellgent and important
2. Govtcheez - Always has good ideas and good questions
3. Salem - Knows more than I ever will and helps everyone!
4. nv - "Cool, reasonable, fair, just, intelligent, oldtimer " (ty Betazep)
5. doubleanti - just strange! lol always well....intresting ;) and fun

Of course these are just the 1st 5 to pop into my mind. There are of course many many other people on the boards who are awsome and very intresting.

mithrandir
01-15-2002, 07:00 PM
>> [stealth] - For some reason [stealth] is always really cool. Came to my chat room a million times. Just really friendly mostly and really intelligent. <<

I recall going there once Betazep :). I didn't realise I was so cool...I do try though ;). As for intelligent and friendly...well shucks :cool:

doubleanti - well she/he/she/he um it is a really cool person. The obsession with DOS/Daft Punk/Clam Chowder is just so weird you can't forget 2^anti even if you wanted to.

Troll_King - comes off as a complete twat sometimes, but once you get to "know" him, he's actually got some good things to say.

Govtcheez - I don't know, he's always reminded me of myself somehow!

Fordy - he's too damned funny and smart for his own good. I hate him because he knows so much more than me :D !!

gamegod3001 - because he can't spell for buggery.

Well there are more people that I could add, but these are the one's that stick out in my mind.

doubleanti
01-15-2002, 11:47 PM
[in such a strict-ass order that you should be offended even moreso if you were towards the bottom...]

[-574.)] - webmaster - [muahaha, we are His evil henchmen/women]
[-3.)] - pendragon - [super cheery, helpful, math freak, just lyke me!]
[zero.)] - bubba - [health full, and help full]
[4.)] - doubleanty - [i know who she was, and you all would know, and she isn't here anymore, she's the last bastion of our she-clan]
[-65535.)] - rick barclay - [the oldest guy in the universe that i know]

[of course, the usual that are always helpful]=-=[stee-tag / kermi3-tag / nv-tag]

[who are you brian?]

[i was just kydding about the first calm-[la]ment]
[am i a moosh]
[does this bother you]
[repeat not a question/mark]
[your territory with]
[peace]

mithrandir
01-15-2002, 11:52 PM
It's probably also worth mentioning my old friend EvenFlow. Wonder what he's up to now...

doubleanti
01-15-2002, 11:54 PM
[::insert laughter here::]

[statement: gee stealth, i wonder how he is?]

[/end outsider-post of inside-joke]

iain
01-16-2002, 05:43 AM
webmaster - the supreme webmaster and creator of this wonderful programmers playground.

sunlight - sadly departed from this far corner of the internet

me - hey, im special and no-one lese id gonna vote for me! :)

unregistered - trhis guy pops up quite a lot :) - register damn it! :)

lightatdawn
01-16-2002, 11:44 AM
me - hey, im special and no-one lese id gonna vote for me!
Actually you make it on my list iain. :cool:

I am fan of the cool headed types around here: iain, Stee/Salem, adrianxw, Betazep, Pendragon, all come quickly to mind. Your posts are always worth reading. Thanks for helping make this a place I come back to.

P.S. Thanks for starting this thread Betazep. I've been wanting to pay my respects to those around here that I, well... respect. ;)

Govtcheez
01-16-2002, 11:47 AM
>Thanks for starting this thread Betazep. I've been wanting to pay my respects to those around here that I, well... respect.

Echo that! Definitely better than "who's cooler?"

Also, bz, what's the IP for your chat? Now that I don't get dropped from my connection every 5 minutes, that might be fun....

Govtcheez
01-16-2002, 11:52 AM
Jeez, I just realized that between this and the "It's amazing" thread, it sounds like the last episode of a sitcom or something. Everyone telling each other how much they love them and whatnot... :D:D:D

doubleanti
01-16-2002, 05:08 PM
>Definitely better than "who's cooler?"

yes because obviously that's mee! :) hehe...

Pendragon
01-16-2002, 05:30 PM
Of course DA!! :D

:cough, cough:: ;)

dirkduck
01-16-2002, 06:06 PM
Ken

Govtcheez (I always think its 'goat cheese' ;))

DavidP...because when we were playing tetrinet once with some people, someone was like 'yeah, DavidP's mom' so 'DavidP's mom' has been stuck in my head ever since ;) (no offence)

doubleanti...who doesnt know him? ;)

note: I wink alot ;)

gnu-ehacks
01-16-2002, 08:45 PM
series, da, osk, michelle, cg

DavidP
01-16-2002, 09:15 PM
ah tetrinet....the good ol days....

doubleanti
01-17-2002, 12:00 AM
>'DavidP's mom'

that would be me. fortunately we're always been careful to hide sexual preference, haven't we?

muahaha we are not amused...

nvoigt
01-17-2002, 03:24 AM
Who stands out...

well... for good or bad, here are the outstanding personalities:

Dean,
for having the most split-personality I know. One moment he's posting totally logical fun to read helpful stuff, while the next post is rude, insulting and flat out wrong. Amazing. I wonder how many people share his PC ;)

DA,
for posting texts that remind me of german lessons in school trying to get a grasp on something called Dadaism. :p

Sunlight,
You want to know why ? Read the FAQ. LOL.

Salem/Stee,
I wonder if he has C books for breakfast ;)

webmaster,
just two words: Undead Board. Man, I almost p+++ed my pants when I came to work the next day and saw it.

Then there are some groups I find outstanding:
Those with families, those young enough to be their children, those old enough to know a life without computers...

I like all the people here. I wouldn't be here if it were otherwise ;)

( omg... love is all around... say stoned_coder, you didn't sneak in and put some wee^Z^Z^Z... err...stuff in my cakes, did you ? )