PDA

View Full Version : how to make my program run on windows start up

kantze
03-24-2007, 03:04 AM
Hi all, I want to make a program that starts on windows startup.
I ' ve searched a little and found a good way to do this is to write in registry at
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
a key which name is your program name and has a value of your program's path.

Do you know any function to access the registry?

vart
03-24-2007, 03:32 AM
why not to put shortcut to your program into Start/Programs/StartUp folder?

twomers
03-24-2007, 03:37 AM
You can also, I believe, put it in your scheduled tasks (control pannel->scheduled tasks, I think), and make it run on startup, or once a day or something.

CornedBee
03-24-2007, 04:14 AM
Reg*, and this should be on the Windows board.

kantze
03-24-2007, 04:29 AM
I don't want to do this manually. I want the program make it self run on windows start up.
Puting it on the start up folder is the easiest way to do it manually but how can this happen programmaticly.

vart
03-24-2007, 06:34 AM
I don't want to do this manually. I want the program make it self run on windows start up.
Puting it on the start up folder is the easiest way to do it manually but how can this happen programmaticly.
Create shortcut programmatically and copy it to that folder... Installshield has it even on the resource level... What installer do you use?

kantze
03-24-2007, 08:43 AM
vart I don't use any installer!
I'm experimenting on simple programs at the moment.
I 'd like to make a program that calculate windows up time , how many hours a day i use my pc and other intersting stuff.

anonytmouse
03-24-2007, 11:14 AM
CODE: Add the current program to the startup folder. (http://cboard.cprogramming.com/showpost.php?p=376613&postcount=6)