PDA

View Full Version : Does it find itself when you lose it?

Salem
11-20-2006, 07:12 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/6165070.stm

pianorain
11-20-2006, 08:14 AM
As soon as I started reading that article, I asked the same question that the author asks at the end: What happens when you lose the loc8tor?

Mario F.
11-20-2006, 08:29 AM
The real solution will be in the future an implant... unless you, like me, lose your head often.

vart
11-20-2006, 08:44 AM
The simple solution - have it embeded in a wall of the home (the second one) and use this stationary to locate the first one (mobile)

CornedBee
11-21-2006, 05:06 AM
The article mentions "a fine tradition" of metal detectors and treasure maps for finding things with technology, but it omits a far more important use (which incidentally uses devices extremely similar to this "Loc8tor"): finding avalanche victims.
It is highly recommended to all mountaineers and off-track skiers that they carry a "Lawinenpiepserl" (the Austrian slang word for it) at all times. These act as senders in their default setting (obviously with a higher range than the tags of this new thing) and all of them can be set to receive, too. This way, anyone in a group of people can start searching immediately.

divineleft
11-21-2006, 05:46 AM
"And let us not forget... that the human race with technology, is like an alchoholist with a barrel of wine"