PDA

View Full Version : Guns!

Sentral
11-13-2006, 03:55 PM
Anyone shoot guns? I mainly shoot .22's for practicing my breathing and my sight alignment, since I'm a begginer :) I have a semi-auto .22 and a .22 revolver. I'm planning on getting a Russian Mosin Nagant or a 9MM Makarov. So if anyone shoots, post your gun! Also, don't start a "OMG YOUR A HICK!" or a "AMERICANS AND THEIR SILLY GUNS" debate. Thank you! :D

dac
11-13-2006, 03:56 PM
no i dont, but ive shot a few shotguns. i do have my own air rifle, but thats not really the same is it. its a weirauchHW97k (i love german things).

twomers
11-13-2006, 03:57 PM
I was watching a good CSI episode last nigh about guns.

Strict gun policy in Ireland, so I don't have any. Wouldn't want any regardless. I've gone clay pigeon shooting, enjoyed it, but that was it. Just went once. Enough for me.

Sentral
11-13-2006, 03:59 PM
no i dont, but ive shot a few shotguns. i do have my own air rifle, but thats not really the same is it. its a weirauchHW97k (i love german things).
Never heard of it. I like a lot of WWII guns. Like Russian Mosin, or the German K98, or American M1 Garand! :) Automatics are expensive and require a Class 3 license. But I think I might do it when I get older.

CornedBee
11-13-2006, 04:01 PM
I shot guns in the military. Standard Austrian Steyr STG-47 assault rifle (I believe the international name is AUG-something) and P-68 pistol (a Glock, I think).

Not since then. I'd have to get a license, and it's expensive and I really don't see the point.

Kennedy
11-13-2006, 04:04 PM
12-gauge Shotgun pump, Remington 1220 I think. . .
270 Remington riffle.
Oldtimer 12-gauge single shot.
.22 single shot

Haven't hunted in a while. . . became a vegitarian 3 years ago, but was a good shot with the 270 @ 100 yards.

SlyMaelstrom
11-13-2006, 04:05 PM
I've shot .22s before. I'm horrible at it.

Sentral
11-13-2006, 04:06 PM
I shot guns in the military. Standard Austrian Steyr STG-47 assault rifle (I believe the international name is AUG-something) and P-68 pistol (a Glock, I think).

Not since then. I'd have to get a license, and it's expensive and I really don't see the point.

You got it right, it's the Steyr AUG! :)

Well buying guns and collecting them is a hobby. Some like to collect old and new weapons. It's owning a piece of history like a Thompson SMG or M1. Sure it's expensive, but what isn't in this world? Everyone has their own hobby. Some cut hair for a living, and need $200 scissors. I think it's a waste of money, but it's their hobby, and should be respected. I also realize you weren't offending me, but I just wanted to elaborate! :)

dac
11-13-2006, 04:07 PM
Never heard of it. I like a lot of WWII guns. Like Russian Mosin, or the German K98, or American M1 Garand! :) Automatics are expensive and require a Class 3 license. But I think I might do it when I get older.

http://www.airshooter.co.uk/acatalog/hw97k.jpg tis really heavy. as is most German things.

twomers
11-13-2006, 04:08 PM
I hope you don't cut people's hair with guns ...

>> but what isn't in this world?
Cheap pointless hobbies ... such as ... standing ... and erm ... sitting. Damn.

PING
11-13-2006, 04:17 PM
Well, if shooting guns in counter-strike is valid, hell, i have used quite a few [:)]

Mario F.
11-13-2006, 04:21 PM
I shot guns while in the Army. The Heckler & Koch G3 and the Galil assault riffle. I also fired 9mm Glocks.

After the army I didn't hold a weapon anymore. Weapons don't interest me.

whiteflags
11-13-2006, 04:38 PM
I had a .22 calibur rifle. I don't even remember the brand because it's been so long since I fired it, or been interested in firearms. I had to dispose of all my ammo when my mom had like, a suicidal episode.

I'd rather learn something awesome like swordfighting but you can't do that in my area. :(

hk_mp5kpdw
11-13-2006, 04:44 PM
Got me an HK USP .45 Compact. Haven't shot it in years. Before that I had a S&W SW9F (I think) 9mm that I traded in to get the HK. A couple people at work are really into guns and hunting... Winchesters, .270s, KAR98s, black powder rifles, Martin Henris, Arisaka (Japanese rifle?), Lee Enfields and pistols gallore.

The Brain
11-13-2006, 04:48 PM
9mm baretta
M-14
M-16
M-249 S.A.W.
M-240 Bravo
50 cal.

also have a small open sight bolt action .22 just for target practice.

dac
11-13-2006, 04:51 PM
my goodness, are you guys planning on invading Iraq or sommit! why do you have all these weapons?

whiteflags
11-13-2006, 04:53 PM
No, America at large masturbates to violence.

Sentral
11-13-2006, 05:10 PM
Oh jeez! Here comes the effing debate. Just shutup about Iraq and America's violence.

Wow you have a SAW Brain? Is it Hell getting the Class 3 license? I would like to know more about what you have to do.

manutd
11-13-2006, 05:11 PM
Look underneath his pic: "VA National Guard"

whiteflags
11-13-2006, 05:12 PM
> Oh jeez! Here comes the effing debate. Just shutup about Iraq and America's violence.
That was just me being funny btw.

psychopath
11-13-2006, 05:16 PM
I live in Canada. 'nuff said.

Mario F.
11-13-2006, 05:26 PM
> Oh jeez! Here comes the effing debate. Just shutup about Iraq and America's violence.

Why should he, if you don't shutup about guns?

twomers
11-13-2006, 05:35 PM
I really enjoyed 'Lord of War'.

Dark_Phoenix
11-13-2006, 05:46 PM
Well, Let's see...

Ruger .22 semi-auto
Remington .22 long gun semi-auto
Ruger .357 mag revolver
Remington 38 special revolver
Remington 30-06 bolt action
Browning 12 guage pump
Savage 20 guage pump

... ummm, did I miss any? I think thats it....

[edit] Oh wait, I also have an old 16 guage bolt action that My father-in-law gave me... but it is rusted and the clip is broken.

BobMcGee123
11-13-2006, 06:06 PM
I've fired a bunch of guns, I live in maine and like, well, everyone has a gun here. I've fired shotguns and hunting rifles of every type and caliber (virtually), ar15, mini-14 beretta 9mm, colt 45. The school I go to has an armory where we can put our hunting rifles (there used to be a shooting range underneath the dorm building but it closed last year).

Here's the start and end of the debate: I come from a redneck region.

Wraithan
11-13-2006, 06:10 PM
.22, 9mm, 12 gauge... don't know their specific names, just the type of ammo they take :D. They are mostly my Dad's and Grandpa's. I take them up when I go camping for some target practice. It is more of a sport type thing to me than for hunting or self defence. I had a quarter I shot with a .22 several years ago, that I wore on a necklace untill recently when it fell off. It was about a 20 yard shot so nothing impressive really, no scope, just standard adjustable sights.

I have shot others but they don't come to mind right off, since those are the only ones I shoot on a semi regular basis.

(Ignore the violence/war posts so that this thread doesn't get derailed... I am going to assume most here are like me about gun usage, it is fun to shoot targets.)

Sentral
11-13-2006, 06:36 PM
It's more for target practice for me, too. Like I was saying before, Mosin Nagants are really cool rifles! They cost under $100 because of the surplus from WWII. I can't wait to get one.

Shooting a quarter from 20 yards is pretty good :) I'm practicing with my .22 revolver now, since my .22 rifle always jams, damn semi-auto :( It's so much different in terms of accuracy between the pistol and the rifle, it's a totally new challenge. It's something both me and my dad enjoy, so I can spend sometime with my daddy! :D

joeprogrammer
11-13-2006, 06:55 PM
I live in Canada. 'nuff said.
I know that Canada disallows hand guns, but what about other guns? Aren't they allowed with a license?

Decrypt
11-13-2006, 07:48 PM
I seem to be in the minority...I have never fired a gun of any kind.

Guess I just won't prepared when the zombies attack...:)

BobMcGee123
11-13-2006, 08:01 PM
Have you played counter strike? It's really the same thing. When I fired my first assult rifle I jumped from a 40 foot ledge while spraying bullets, then I strafe jumped across the street while reloading, threw a hand grenade and then knifed the neighbor's dog.

True story, other people were there.

SlyMaelstrom
11-13-2006, 08:04 PM
Have you played counter strike? It's really the same thing. When I fired my first assult rifle I jumped from a 40 foot ledge while spraying bullets, then I strafe jumped across the street while reloading, threw a hand grenade and then knifed the neighbor's dog.

True story, other people were there.Yeah... in my bullet dodging class, we're learning the art of bunny hopping through a spray of M-249 rounds. Next week, we're learning to reload while doing it.

Perspective
11-13-2006, 08:11 PM
I went to a range once (west edmonton mall). I shot a Glock 9mm and a barretta 9mm. Kinda fun but not something I'd do a lot of. (I got a dead centre bullseye with the Glock though, BOOM HEAD SHOT).

g4j31a5
11-13-2006, 11:03 PM
Don't have any in Indonesia. It's waay out of my league as it costs ALOT to buy and get the license from the police. Although if I can have them, I'll be delighted to have H&K CAWS or Pancor Jackhammer like the ones in Fallout (my favourite guns in the game :D).