PDA

View Full Version : How to do this?

adr
11-02-2006, 07:11 PM
Hi, I am making a program/chat bot to talk/learn. I can get it to read and save to a texts file, but thing is, I dont know how to make it more better when you answer it and it saves in the data base. Like I can preprograme to make it all ready read and tell you what I told it to say, but how would you let your program descide from what it has learn? Like

preprogram.
you say: "Hi"
comp: "hi ^.^"

Not preprogram
you say: "Hi"
comp: "what is hi?"
you say: "its a greeting"<--hi got saved in greetings
comp: "oh, hi ^.^"

I think it would look something like this, but I dont know to make it like this XD

soruce word ("hi") (or if its a new word that has been learn ("hi")
|-------|-------\
|-------|--------\
hey---hola-------hi

Happy_Reaper
11-02-2006, 08:29 PM
Arrange your file into sections :

#Greetings
// Greetings it can say
#Compliments
// compliments it can say

Then, to store, put the word in the appropriate section.

That would work, but it'll hardly make a bot that can engage in conversation. That would be biting off more than you can chew. Google the Turing Test (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turing_test) if you wish to see what can currently be done.

Oh, and another thing, I don't know if this should be on the General Boards...

QuestionC
11-03-2006, 10:40 AM
It sounds like you're wanting to do natural language processing using Neural networks.

Programs that learn are hard. This is the kind of think you might do as an independent study during college.

maxorator
11-03-2006, 01:37 PM
Anyone heard of Billy? It's almost exactly the same thing.

adr
11-03-2006, 08:56 PM
Arrange your file into sections :
Oh, and another thing, I don't know if this should be on the General Boards...

It is, I am asking a question on run down, not really a c, c++ bla bla bla, or a windows thing.

JaWiB
11-03-2006, 11:22 PM
Actually, it's more of an AI thing, and we do have an AI board (although it's hardly used)

maxorator
11-04-2006, 01:19 AM
It even has it's own category.

adr
11-04-2006, 03:12 AM
Actually, it's more of an AI thing, and we do have an AI board (although it's hardly used)

Not really AI either, seeing as I didnt ask for help on the AI or something, I ask on how to do the runtime of it XD The order of how it should work. Not really a AI quertion, b/c this doesnt have to be AI really O.o it can work with many other programs too.

Happy_Reaper
11-04-2006, 03:44 AM
The Turing Test is an AI-related test. And that's what you're attempting.