PDA

View Full Version : Riddles to solve

PJYelton
10-11-2006, 12:05 AM
Ok, so I'm playing this game and have run into these riddles that for the life of me I can't solve. I figured since theres a bunch of smart guys here maybe someone has some ideas.

Here they are:

A H AA BL DU HH ME SR ?
AB+BC=AC, BC=BD=AB=AD, CD=87, AC=square root of ?
ls b sp cl h tcr oc bs ma lg q ?
AUCG - O equals ?

Dweia
10-11-2006, 12:57 AM
Is each line a seperate unrelated riddle?
And is this all the information we're given?

Sang-drax
10-11-2006, 07:11 AM
The second row: see A,B,C and D as points in the plane and AB etc. as vectors. Then ABD becomes a unilateral triangle.
|AC| then equals sqrt(87^2 / (2-2*cos(2*pi/3))) = sqrt(2 523).

PJYelton
10-11-2006, 07:50 AM
Each line is a separate riddle, and they aren't all necessarily math related. Thanks Sang-drax, I'll give that a try. Theres no way I would have put that together :p

Mario F.
10-11-2006, 09:49 AM
> AUCG - O equals ?

AUCG can be related to the nucleotide alphabet. Particularly RNA since DNA replaces U by T. I have no idea what "- O" means though. Adenine is the only nucleotide base that doesn't possess oxygen... maybe that is the answer.

Sang-drax
10-11-2006, 04:07 PM
AUCG can be related to the nucleotide alphabet. Particularly RNA since DNA replaces U by T. I have no idea what "- O" means though. Adenine is the only nucleotide base that doesn't possess oxygen... maybe that is the answer.
I was actually studying genetics (or should have been) when I read PJ's post the first time. I thought it might be RNA-related but I couldn't make any sense out of it. Amino acids are encoded with three letters each, so four letters seem a bit strange.