PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo Wii

Cheeze-It
09-15-2006, 10:03 AM
Normally I would post this on the ES Gaming board, but since it appears
to be busted... Hi.

God, this thing is going to freakin' rule. RULE. It's sooo awesome.
Wii Sports is going to be a pack-in game! When was the last time
that happened? Uh, 15 freaking years ago with the Super Nintendo
and Super Mario World.

The Virtual Console is also going to rule. Some of the prices are a bit high,
but still not unreasonable. $5 for NES, $8 for SNES and $10 for N64.
Hmmmm. Yes, I know; all you retard pirates can get them for free.
Good job.

Oh, and apparently the Wii is going to be region free. Oh. My. God!

The only thing that sucks is that additional controllers are going to
cost a bit much $40 for the wiimote and $20 for the nunchuck attachment.
:( That's $60. Ouch.

Q: What's the cost of the Wii's online functionality?
A: There is no incremental cost to using WiiConnect, the console connects via WiFi or wired connections.

Sweet.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3153637
http://www.wii.com (Updated!)

Crap. Some guy just came in to inspect the apartment. When he
left, I'm not sure if he said "Thanks, Man." Or "Thanks Ma'am."

I've been confused for a woman before. :eek:

indigo0086
09-15-2006, 10:43 AM
I can't predict the future. But I was dissapointed with Nintendo's last two iterations, and I don't know if I'm going to get another.

cboard_member
09-15-2006, 10:45 AM
The wii.com link isn't working dude.
I can't wait for this to hit Europe. I'm going to put my student loan to (better) use when it does.

I haven't really been keeping up to date with the whole Wii thing though, games-wise I mean. I guess I'll just grab the first couple that look fun when I go and buy it.

cboard_member
09-15-2006, 10:46 AM
I can't predict the future. But I was dissapointed with Nintendo's last two iterations, and I don't know if I'm going to get another.

I loved the GameCube's controller. So damn comfortable.

indigo0086
09-15-2006, 10:52 AM
I loved the GameCube's controller. So damn comfortable.

I don't see where I said anything about the controller. I meant the systems overall.

cboard_member
09-15-2006, 10:55 AM
Sorry.
: )

Cheeze-It
09-15-2006, 04:04 PM
The wii.com link isn't working dude.
I can't wait for this to hit Europe. I'm going to put my student loan to (better) use when it does.

I haven't really been keeping up to date with the whole Wii thing though, games-wise I mean. I guess I'll just grab the first couple that look fun when I go and buy it.

The Wii.com link works. I just accidently typed ww.wii.com instead of
wwW.wii.com. You're a computer hacker I totally thought you would
have caught that.

cboard_member
09-16-2006, 02:58 AM
Oh my.

BobDole
09-16-2006, 07:55 AM
I personally cant wait for this to come out... the last system I was looking forward to getting was the SNES. At $250 this is only slightly more expensive than the SNES was when it came out. Free internet play and ability to purchase games online? awesome!

JaWiB
09-16-2006, 11:08 AM
> Oh, and apparently the Wii is going to be region free. Oh. My. God!

In America, yes (http://games.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=06/09/14/1820210&tid=234), but in the UK, no (http://games.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=06/09/16/1319209&from=rss).

Cheeze-It
09-16-2006, 11:11 AM
Not even in the U.S. >.<

Whack!

SMurf
09-16-2006, 12:53 PM
And you may complain about add-on controller prices but spare a thought for us pasta-munching European freaks. We're going to be paying more in the region of 100 of your silly money for the two controllers.

Apparently translating things into eight other languages that you're never gonna refer to is an expensive business. :rolleyes:

Cheeze-It
09-16-2006, 03:29 PM
Jesus, fix EntropySink.

gcn_zelda
09-16-2006, 03:29 PM
No freaking joke. I need some bad Ober humor right now.

Okiesmokie
09-21-2006, 07:47 AM
God, this thing is going to freakin' rule. RULE. It's sooo awesome.
Wii Sports is going to be a pack-in game! When was the last time
that happened? Uh, 15 freaking years ago with the Super Nintendo
and Super Mario World.

I'm pretty sure that Mario 64 shipped with the N64, for a little while atleast.

maxorator
09-21-2006, 07:53 AM
The remote control is cool...

Could I get something like that for a PC?

Draco
09-26-2006, 11:02 PM
Probably not. The remote itself uses bluetooth though, so hopefully it will only be a matter of time until someone figures out how to use it with a pc.

maxorator
09-27-2006, 02:42 AM
It would be nice to use it instead of a mouse...

WDT
09-28-2006, 09:15 AM
Nintendo Own me. They sooo own me BAAAAAD!!!. Now I gotta buy a DS lite to sit beside my DS and then this Baby!! Am I addicted to Nintendo?? Given that I have all gameboys and all consoles bar 1? (anyone got a functioning NES they'd like to sell me??)

maxorator
09-28-2006, 10:23 AM
Never thought it's so popular...
Haven't actually heard anything about Nintendo other than it makes those gameboys and consoles.

Perspective
09-28-2006, 12:13 PM
>anyone got a functioning NES they'd like to sell me??

I have a functioning NES, best console they made. I wouldn't sell it thoug :p

Decrypt
09-28-2006, 01:58 PM
echo Perspective. Speaking of which, I think it's high time for a little Metroid...

SlyMaelstrom
09-28-2006, 02:01 PM
I actually have two NESs... whether they're both functioning, I'm not sure... they've both been sitting in a closet for quite some time now. I don't know what country you're from, but if your country has a US equivalent to a Funcoland, you should be checking there... they always have NESs near me as people trade them in all the time.

WDT
09-30-2006, 05:55 AM
There are places that sell NES'es here in the UK. But unfortunately the ppl who hand them in have mostly treated them like a battered housewife..... (ungrateful scums). What I need is a NES without the sticky crap that accumulates on the ones I've seen so far. (Please I don't have the desire to know what the sticky stuff is, so keep it to yaself :D... Thank you ).

Govtcheez
09-30-2006, 07:20 AM
Check out eBay - they usally go for cheap there.

Pobega
09-30-2006, 10:17 AM
The Wii actually looks promising, I hope it doesn't follow the Nintendo DS though: Looked promising but played crappy.

And about games being shipped with consoles, all of the Nintendo consoles had games that came with them, but since the SNES they charged extra in comparison to buying a lone console. Hopefully they don't charge more for the Wii Sports with the Wii.

Govtcheez
09-30-2006, 10:40 AM
> I hope it doesn't follow the Nintendo DS though: Looked promising but played crappy.

What's wrong with the way the DS plays? I've got a DS Lite and I've got no complaints with it whatsoever.

Pobega
09-30-2006, 10:55 AM
I don't know, I'm not personally one to like touch screens. I mean that's just a personal vendetta, nothing against the company.

WDT
09-30-2006, 04:05 PM
Nintendo are challenging the way we play games not just repackaging the crap we've had forever like the other companies. I'm definately for what they're doing. Why stick with just the D pad when a touch sensitive screen can allow for extra degrees of interaction? So it takes a while to get used to. Deal with it :). I know it took some coaxing to get me to use the screen to play my Mario 64 but hey I love it.

Pobega
09-30-2006, 04:12 PM
Well I'm not complaining, the Wii actually looks amazing. But I didn't like the idea of the touch screen, it was a good try but it didn't take off as well as I've hoped.

WDT
09-30-2006, 04:23 PM
Admittedly it's just not suitable for some games, but the idea's a good one just not used properly in most cases. It also doesn't help because most people view it as an attempt to re-invent the proverbial wheel so to speak.. It's just an upgrade. :D
Also can we call it the revolution from now on please? This rebranding to the Wii just doesn't stick with me. I mean phonetically it's hard over here to tell whether someone's going for a ........, talking about themselves and another person, or referring to the damn thing :D

Cheeze-It
09-30-2006, 09:33 PM
Well I'm not complaining, the Wii actually looks amazing. But I didn't like the idea of the touch screen, it was a good try but it didn't take off as well as I've hoped.

There are some great games out there that make good
use of the touch screen. Nintendogs, Trauma Center, Brain
Age, Meteos. Those games wouldn't even be possible on
a systemw/o touch screen.

Brain Age is incredibly addicting. There are these timed
math exercises.. I don't know, but actually writing your
answer with the stylus actually makes it fun.. Don't get me
wrong, there are times when it'll misread what I write (like
think I wrote a 9 when I really wrote a 4), but it's mostly
pretty accurate. I just have horrible handwriting.

computer broken. can't really see screen well. probably have
a lot of typos and stuff.

indigo0086
10-02-2006, 06:26 AM
I don't think just changing the interface, while giving us the same games is much of an innovation. We're going to be getting the same stuff that other consoles have done, but with funky controls. Nintendo power glove, Virtual boy, etc. If you've actually seen content from other games you can see that they can be innovative and interesting without having an addon.

WDT
10-04-2006, 11:24 AM
The interface has been upgraded to allow for some innovative games. Try playing Mario Kart DS in Battle mode or some of the mario 64 DS mini games. Innovating the games we play is cool. But innovating how we play them is even cooler :D

Pobega
10-04-2006, 12:20 PM
I don't know, I personally didn't like Mario Kart DS. But the other day I bought Starfox Assault, and boy I'm in love with that game. Although the game is rather short I'd love to see some Starfox action on the Revolution; Imagine how awesome a well-made Starfox game would be using that Revolution controller?

indigo0086
10-05-2006, 09:58 AM
Zz, Rr.