PDA

View Full Version : Ball on Roof

MadCow257
06-23-2006, 12:06 PM
I've gotten two balls in three days stuck on top of a building (school). Its summer time so it's all closed up. The structure itself is 20-30 feet high, and is flat roofed. They're stuck in the gutter that runs all the way around the place but its so big even a heavy rain won't knock them down. I need a scheme to get these balls and the ones I hit up there in the future...

Anyone got one?

I was going to tie the hose that's sitting by into a coil and lasso them down, but it turned out to weight like 40+ kilos so thats out.

This is my kind of mind game :D

Thanks

whiteflags
06-23-2006, 12:26 PM
Unless you feel like scaling the building to bring the ball back down, (using your mad cat burglary skills) you'll probably want to tell a janitor there and make him worry about it.

MadCow257
06-23-2006, 12:31 PM
Unless you feel like scaling the building to bring the ball back down

I tried, but only got about 1/2 of the way up (there are subledges and things, but no ladders)

probably want to tell a janitor there and make him worry about it.

I've yet to see any worker and I don't think they would get it down anyways

SlyMaelstrom
06-23-2006, 12:57 PM
Rent/Buy a really big trampoline...
... and some knee pads.

Govtcheez
06-23-2006, 01:33 PM
Rent/Buy a really big cannon...
... and a giant pillow.
Yeah, that.

IfYouSaySo
06-23-2006, 02:02 PM
So far I've seen someone interested in getting their hands on some balls, and suggestons to get kneepads and a pillow. Bizarre thread.

indigo0086
06-23-2006, 02:03 PM
if the gutter doesn't have any holes stick a hose up the gutter spout and wrap the opening tight, then fill it up with water till it overflows and the ball floats off the side.

Perspective
06-23-2006, 02:22 PM
buy another ball and throw it up there to knock the first two loose.

Mario F.
06-23-2006, 02:33 PM
Bring a weapon to school and madly shoot the gutter around the ball.

Or... get informed when someone's inside doing maintenance, cleaning, work, or whatever and ask them to accompany you to the roof.

I especially like the first.

cboard_member
06-23-2006, 03:04 PM
A good dose of telekenisis should do the trick.
Failing that, grab yourself a crossbow (or make a long(short?)bow using the wood you've previously found) take an arrow, tie a length of rope to the tail end and aim for the balls.

You never said you wanted them back in working order. Besides, it's nothing some selotape won't fix.

SlyMaelstrom
06-23-2006, 05:51 PM
I tried, but only got about 1/2 of the way up (there are subledges and things, but no ladders)
Perhaps try finding a radioactive spider first and make it bite you.

anonytmouse
06-23-2006, 06:00 PM
Rent/Buy a really big cannon...
... and a giant pillow.

Yeah, that.

like this... (http://www.newscientist.com/blog/invention/2006/05/human-cannonballs_15.html)