PDA

View Full Version : You've got to be kidding me...seriously

Pages : 1 [2]

IfYouSaySo
06-23-2006, 10:54 PM
Oh, and by the way, I guarantee that he could care less "what rap is really about". He just doesn't want to listen to something that is going to drive him up the wall when he turns it on. (Disclaimer: I'm not saying that rap inherently drives (all) people up the wall. But it DEFINATELY drives SOME people up the wall).

jmd15
06-23-2006, 10:55 PM
Exactly, I'm glad I have one sensible person in here ;).

psychopath
06-23-2006, 11:23 PM
The Flaming Lips are where it's at people.

computation
06-23-2006, 11:54 PM
I love how message boards work

Wraithan
06-24-2006, 12:48 AM
If you want noise, goto MySpace sign up for an account I garentee you that atleast a couple garage bands/groups/soloists will send you a message about listening to their music eventually, and you will be like wow this is utter garbage...

I am hardcore into Rock/Metal, mostly power metal... but Bones, Thugs, and Harmony is a rap group with a couple good songs (Crossroads is my favorite rap song) I also listen to a fair amount of hybrid Rap Rock/Metal... if you have the patience to filter it, there is some good stuff in all genres even the ones that drive you up the walls :D

axon
06-24-2006, 01:07 AM
why do I bother posting here anymore?

computation
06-24-2006, 01:27 AM
I also listen to a fair amount of hybrid Rap Rock/Metal

3 Words:
E-Town Concrete

If your words are true, and you've never heard them, you need to. As a matter of fact, you can find them on myspace.

If you like 'em we gotta talk. I need to find more music like that.

I wholeheartedly beleive that they are the truest form of Rap/Metal out there. Seriously, you gotta check 'em out. Ecspecially if you like music with a message.

Govtcheez
06-24-2006, 05:15 AM
I'm still standing by, 90%(or more) is just noise, garbage, and the other little bit is only TOLERABLE.
I'm standing by the same statement about techno. I know nothing about techno, you obviously know nothing about rap, so let's leave it at that.

cboard_member
06-24-2006, 07:36 AM
I listen to everything, and nothing listens to me.

Govtcheez
06-24-2006, 07:38 AM
Can it, tubby.

cboard_member
06-24-2006, 07:42 AM
Talk to the HOLY FAT pink HAND, BATMAN!
:)

/*mod edit for offensive language ~ kenfitlike*/

axon
06-24-2006, 08:57 AM
sweet, nice to have a friend on the inside :evil:

jmd15
06-24-2006, 10:09 AM
you obviously know nothing about rap, so let's leave it at that.

Well, besides the fact I used to listen to rap about 3 years ago and know tons of people who like it, if you insist that I am totally ignorant about rap then it must be true. I have heard all kinds of rap, and ALL the mainstream stuff absolutely is garbage as I've been describing. I have heard some less popular songs as well that are not AS BAD, but are not good. Now, this all comes down to a musical preference even though rap is hardly what I consider music. The only musical part of rap that I see is the bass. In my mind rap consists of two things: bass, and talking. So YES, 90% of rap is garbage, noise.

Decrypt
06-24-2006, 02:36 PM
Sound or a sound that is loud, unpleasant, unexpected, or undesiredloud, unpleasant, unexpected, and undesired are all relative terms.

By your own logic, the vast majority of the "sounds" you've made in this thread are noise. I'm pretty sure that makes you a rapper.

SlyMaelstrom
06-24-2006, 03:49 PM
Funny how this whole conversation started from this:
And what about Cprog when someone here meets someone else in here and goes about rapping them?

Mario F.
06-24-2006, 03:52 PM
I blame english as my 2nd language.

Decrypt
06-24-2006, 03:57 PM
I blame myspace.

SlyMaelstrom
06-24-2006, 04:02 PM
I blame 16 yr old C++ Programmers. ;)

gcn_zelda
06-24-2006, 04:02 PM
I resent that.

Thantos
06-24-2006, 04:03 PM
I blame everyone and everything but myself.

jmd15
06-24-2006, 04:14 PM
Lol, yes that is quite hilarious how the whole topic of rap started from one incorrectly spelled word. Sly you truly made me laugh just there with your past two posts. Wow, that's good stuff. I just hate rap so I didn't mind getting into why it's awful when Govtcheez(a fellow Michigander) inquired.

axon
06-24-2006, 09:47 PM
Well, besides the fact I used to listen to rap about 3 years ago and know tons of people who like it, if you insist that I am totally ignorant about rap then it must be true. I have heard all kinds of rap, and ALL the mainstream stuff absolutely is garbage as I've been describing. I have heard some less popular songs as well that are not AS BAD, but are not good. Now, this all comes down to a musical preference even though rap is hardly what I consider music. The only musical part of rap that I see is the bass. In my mind rap consists of two things: bass, and talking. So YES, 90% of rap is garbage, noise.

you really are an idiot, aren't you? but I would still like to show
(almost said change) you a rap which you don't know. Google
"immortal technique" - listen to a few songs from Revolutionary 1
and Revolutionary 2. Really listen. Get sucked in by the beat;
pick out the multitude of instruments (see how many you can
count); and finally look for the message in the lyrics.

I don't neccesarily agree with Immortal's message - but I consider
him to be one of the best rappers out there atm.

Also try listening to some classic hip-hop: wu-tang clan, a tribe
called quest, and even black eyed peas before they went
pop (grr BEP! :mad: )

I understand that if someone simply doesn't like something, there is
almost nothing anyone can do to change that. However, I think
that EVERYTHING can be appreciated...you just have to put some
effort into it. Give it a chance.

Mario F.
06-24-2006, 10:28 PM
I suggest you take a cold shower. His intolerance of a musical style is threatening your life?

No?... Cool then.

EDIT: I hate rap btw

whiteflags
06-24-2006, 11:01 PM
There are three things a man will fight for to the death Mario: his woman, his God, and his music preferences.

axon
06-24-2006, 11:38 PM
There are three things a man will fight for to the death Mario: his woman, his God, and his music preferences.

my music preference is far and wide. My favorite, by far, is jazz; I'll take
some Thelonius Monk and John Coltrane over anything :p I also love
electronic music, esspecially hard house, acid, and drum and base;
hip-hop rates near the top as well. Actually I don't think there is a
music type I don't like. I can tell you that I don't own any punk rock, or
heavy metal music though.

Mad_guy
06-24-2006, 11:49 PM
omg lets listen to emo.

jmd15
06-24-2006, 11:53 PM
you really are an idiot, aren't you?

See, you are pathetic. You are calling me an idiot over music. Come on, grow up. Does the word tolerance ring a bell? Nah, not surprised. Don't talk to me until you've matured enough to tolerate that people aren't all like you.

axon
06-25-2006, 01:44 AM
I'm not calling you an idiot over music - I'm calling you an idiot over your poor introspective
and a overall crappy perspective on music. Also, please reread your last post and see how it
applies to yourself.

prog-bman
06-25-2006, 02:03 AM
Hey jmd you are an idiot.

Salem
06-25-2006, 03:19 AM
Nothing more than an off-topic slanging match.