PDA

View Full Version : I love WiFi =)

Hunter2
05-11-2006, 11:49 PM
Just moved into a family friend's place... I'm staying here for the summer. Anyway, apparently they're on dial-up internet; big pain for me, since I'm pretty much dependent on the net, and I'm going to need it as a reference while completing my recent slackware install. And various other things.

Luckily for me, they live in a nice neighbourhood, and sitting in my lofty room I have a choice of at least 2 permanent high-speed connections through unsecured WiFi, with good signal strength, while they don't :p

In light of this, I propose a toast to wardriving, minus the driving, until I get busted due to putting someone over their bandwidth limit.

*clink*

Anyway, just figured I'd stop by here and share the good news with everyone :) Happy summers!

SlyMaelstrom
05-11-2006, 11:52 PM
Well... leave it to people that don't set up a WEP Key.

joeprogrammer
05-12-2006, 10:07 AM
WEP is SO easy to break though.

http://www.tomsnetworking.com/2005/03/31/the_feds_can_own_your_wlan_too/

When encrypting a WI-FI, better to go with WPA :)

SlyMaelstrom
05-12-2006, 10:47 AM
Hah... I never really looking into that stuff. I rarely go on WiFi so I don't bother trying to get past WEP keys. Oh well.

Edit... on a side note. Look at how freakin awesome those two old nerds look in that link you posted. L33T HAX0RZ!

whiteflags
05-12-2006, 11:23 AM
Except there name--Smith & Bickers--made me think of a snack first. Maybe they should sell popcorn too.

Sang-drax
05-13-2006, 11:46 AM
I completely agree! There is a student festival in my town and I'm sitting in a tent for ten days. Luckily, "free" wlan is available.

twomers
05-14-2006, 03:27 PM
Luckily for me, they live in a nice neighbourhood, and sitting in my lofty room I have a choice of at least 2 permanent high-speed connections through unsecured WiFi, with good signal strength, while they don't :p
!

Damn. I wish I lived in a trusting neighbourhood! I'm on dialup when I'm not in college, and I NEED internet. There's secured on where I live, bah. Gotta find a way to hack it :p I hear some people here are meant to be good at that kind of thing :D