PDA

View Full Version : $600 Playstation 3



Pages : [1] 2 3

Cheeze-It
05-08-2006, 11:38 PM
Bwahahahah. Sony lost this generation. Seriously,
who can justify a $600 purchase of a console? I
would NEVER spend that much. Even if I had parents
and was a child, I'd feel guilty even asking for that for
Christmas.

Maybe they need to charge so much because they know
they're going to get sued for totally ripping off the
Wii controller functionality... AFTER they called it a
gimmick.

Press Conference:
http://www.gamespot.com/e3/e3story.html?sid=6149470

I don't recommend watching the stream. You'll fall asleep.
Nintendo's press conference is at 930am pst tomorrow
morning. Prepare to be amazed.


tried talking about this at ES, but I guess they're too cool
for video games.

Dae
05-08-2006, 11:45 PM
Meanwhile, the $600 Xbox was sold out for months, and people were buying them for $1000 on ebay. This is with everyone knowing that they were defective to boot. I traded a friend some hardware, just a month ago, and a UPS employee jacked the shipment (it says Xbox 360 right on the package). I believe Xbox 360, the $600 machine, is still in very very high demand.

I don't think the price tag on PS3 will hurt sales. Other factors will though. Something about Sony ........ing off people by putting spyware in their products.

Cheeze-It
05-09-2006, 12:08 AM
Meanwhile, the $600 Xbox was sold out for months, and people were buying them for $1000 on ebay. This is with everyone knowing that they were defective to boot. I traded a friend some hardware, just a month ago, and a UPS employee jacked the shipment (it says Xbox 360 right on the package). I believe Xbox 360, the $600 machine, is still in very very high demand.

I don't think the price tag on PS3 will hurt sales. Other factors will though. Something about Sony ........ing off people by putting spyware in their products.

No Xbox has ever been $600. The *expensive* version of
360 was $400. Also, they weren't sold out because a lot
of people wanted them, they were sold out because so
few actually made launch. And that was in the US only.

The price is going to have a more negative impact on sales
than whatever spyware issues that you're talking about that
98% of their user base don't even know or care about.

^made up statistic.

Look at the innovation with their new controller:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v607/Phoenix_aran/gr.jpg

I'm not normally one to reply with ytmnds, but this one
is perfect for the PS3. :) http://damnsonytohell.ytmnd.com/

whiteflags
05-09-2006, 12:28 AM
Plennty $600 Xbox 360s exist, so that is not a valid argument. People do buy consoles at that price, for whatever reason!

Cheeze-It
05-09-2006, 12:38 AM
You can't be serious. Whatever results those are, they're for
bundles. Not the actual console. And even if they were, who
cares? That's not the MSRP.

http://www.ebgames.com/productmerch.asp?groupid=419

There's a real store. Notice the only thing that costs $600 is
the biggest bundle you can buy; which comes with 2 games,
an extra controller, the *pro* console, and a universal remote
control.

Here're are the only non-bundles I was able to find:

$299
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=999947300050000&type=product&productCategoryId=pcmcat66900050001&id=pcmprd47500050000

$399
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=999947300050001&type=product&productCategoryId=pcmcat66900050001&id=pcmprd47500050001

Sorry, but you're both wrong.

Govtcheez
05-09-2006, 06:28 AM
Yeah, ethic's right on this one. Just because some retard's selling it for that much doesn't mean you can't meander down to Best Buy and pick one up for way cheaper.

Then again, no one's going to buy the Wii anyways, because it's stupid, stupid name.

Cheeze-It
05-09-2006, 06:31 AM
Then again, no one's going to buy the Wii anyways, because it's stupid, stupid name.

Wait 'til 9:30am PST when the Nintendo Press Conference
starts. Everybody will get so excited that they won't care that
it's called, "Wii."

In fact, I actually like the name now. It has grown on me.

//edit

Glad you're awake. I've been bored out of my mind all night
waiting for this press conference to start. 4 more hours left. :(
I'm soooooooo tired. I want to go to sleep.

indigo0086
05-09-2006, 06:54 AM
I bout my 360 for $399.99 with a couple of games. a 600.00 xbox is just a result of a free market and/or greedy store managers (some of which were repremanded by their Retailers) . Not only did PS3's press conference fail to be enthusiastic over their own product, introducing more cgi, less information about their most important draws (oh, singstar...singstore...how much will it cost?), and a nice finisher by announcing the price right before everyone leaves was not a good "start", to think, with even less information they managed to do better last year. The controller and Heavenly sword I give a bit of props to, though I think the dual shock has the worst analogue stick placement with the controller design.

Not to mention the "tard pack" (499 version) will not have HDMI out, memory stick capability, or Wifi Access. They have a bass ackwards approach to giving gamers a choice, because while allowing gamers to choose, they eliminate the ability to upgrade.

And people will still fall in love with sony, I think I'll just buy a ps3 when it drops and get a few games.

psychopath
05-09-2006, 07:26 AM
Don't threads like this usually turn in to fanboy flame wars?

indigo0086
05-09-2006, 07:38 AM
Forum's too small and you dont' have people signing up just to talk about games, I can recommend a few forums with some fanboy flam wars, but not even Dante would survive in them.

Cheeze-It
05-09-2006, 07:50 AM
Don't threads like this usually turn in to fanboy flame wars?

That's the best part about E3 week, man.

Nintendo Fanboi 4 eva!

PS3 sucks. 360 sucks. Wii rules. Wii has already won the
console War. Playstation is for kids...

And so on and so forth....

indigo0086
05-09-2006, 07:57 AM
That's the best part about E3 week, man.

Nintendo Fanboi 4 eva!

PS3 sucks. 360 sucks. Wii rules. Wii has already won the
console War. Playstation is for kids...

And so on and so forth....

That's called drugs.

Govtcheez
05-09-2006, 08:11 AM
I will only buy a Wii if Animal Crossing Wii lets me actually fish with the controller.

Brian
05-09-2006, 08:12 AM
I don't know why people get so defensive about their favourite consoles. Nintendo have sucked ass for years now.

Cheeze-It
05-09-2006, 09:05 AM
I don't know why people get so defensive about their favourite consoles. Nintendo have sucked ass for years now.

....

Wow. You totally don't know what you're talking
about. Time you be doin' some learnin''bout video games,
boy.



I will only buy a Wii if Animal Crossing Wii lets me actually fish with the controller.


Buddy! Time Magazine got to experience the Wii not too
long ago. They played Wario Ware and some Tennis game.
Their entire experience was positive. They said the sensors
in the Wii-mote are so fine, that the guy was actually able
to hit the tennisball from underneath. They could hit the ball
however they wanted. Lob, like... overstroke or whatever.
Backhandsomething...

I don't play Tennis, so I probably sound dumb; but that's
still awesome.

You'll be able to fish with the Wii-mote.

90minutes 'til the press conference!

whiteflags
05-09-2006, 09:06 AM
I don't know why people get so defensive about their favourite consoles.

I don't even own half the things we're talking about. In fact, I only own a PS2 because all my games work on that system. That's the only reason. Also, I just hate how people think that if something is overpriced it won't be sold. That's not true at all.

I have a friend who owns A SNES and a NES with wireless controllers. I played on that system yesterday. It's nostalgic, even if I had never actually owned it before.

indigo0086
05-09-2006, 09:09 AM
I don't even own half the things we're talking about. In fact, I only own a PS2 because all my games work on that system. That's the only reason. Also, I just hate how people think that if something is overpriced it won't be sold. That's not true at all.

when you're sharing the market with two other console that offer more by the time you come out, then it is a problem. I don't think the ps3 will sell out to the masses, especially when people dwell on the thought that if they get the cheaper version, they will not have an option to upgrade to sony's self-proclaimed "true HD"

Dissata
05-09-2006, 09:25 AM
I don't recommend watching the stream. You'll fall asleep.


I was actually realy excited.

they reminded me that I actually own a psp... heh

Cheeze-It
05-09-2006, 09:37 AM
I was actually realy excited.

they reminded me that I actually own a psp... heh

I thought the way they used the PSP as a rearview
mirror on a NASCAR game for the PS3 was ingenious.
Very innovative. PSPs are going to fly of the shelves now.

^Sarcasm.

http://www.gamespot.com/e3/e3live.html

Dissata
05-09-2006, 12:37 PM
I thought the way they used the PSP as a rearview
mirror on a NASCAR game for the PS3 was ingenious.
Very innovative. PSPs are going to fly of the shelves now.

^Sarcasm.

http://www.gamespot.com/e3/e3live.html

I didn't get to that part. I only watched it until they started talking about the psp in the begining, then I ran to my room and searched for it for half an hour.

I already have a 360, so the chances of me buying a ps3 is.... actually quite good o.O

cboard_member
05-09-2006, 01:02 PM
360 sucks. The combined hefty price-tag of the PS3 and the fact that it's predecessor broke down so much (always like a fortnight after the warranty had run out) rules it out for me too.

I'm having a Wii.

(I had 2 PS2's btw)
*unbearable shame*

Dissata
05-09-2006, 01:17 PM
360 sucks. The combined hefty price-tag of the PS3 and the fact that it's predecessor broke down so much (always like a fortnight after the warranty had run out) rules it out for me too.

I'm having a Wii.

(I had 2 PS2's btw)
*unbearable shame*

eh, its not too bad.

It was a gift from my bro, so can't complain.

Perspective
05-09-2006, 01:18 PM
I've never had any problems with my ps2, you need to take better care of your stuff.

I'm on the Wii boat this time, I'd love to see nintendo not suck anymore. I left them after the dissapointing line up for the amazing N64, some great games but not enough. The DS was a flop, I think the Wii is going to be pretty sweet though.

VirtualAce
05-09-2006, 01:34 PM
Thank goodness for PCs.

My PC will do more, play harder, have way better graphics, and it's upgradeable.

Eat your heart out consoles.

cboard_member
05-09-2006, 01:45 PM
>> I've never had any problems with my ps2, you need to take better care of your stuff.

How do you abuse a PS2 and cause it to break down? I never pushed the tray in, always kept the discs clean and made a point of de-dusting the front fans whenever they got dusty.

>> Thank goodness for PCs.

>> My PC will do more, play harder, have way better graphics, and it's upgradeable.

>> Eat your heart out consoles.

Hell yeah. My PC is only middle-end now and still kicks the ........ into all PS2 games both performance and graphics-wise. The 360 is coming close, but my PC is still higher res.

EDIT: Can the 360 do FSAA?

indigo0086
05-09-2006, 02:00 PM
EDIT: Can the 360 do FSAA?


Yes it can, and it does.

Decrypt
05-09-2006, 04:16 PM
>I've never had any problems with my ps2, you need to take better care of your stuff.

I second that.

>Thank goodness for PCs.
>My PC will do more, play harder, have way better graphics, and it's upgradeable.
>Eat your heart out consoles.

and that.

indigo0086
05-09-2006, 04:29 PM
PC'sd are nice, I have a great PC that I upgrade constantly. As far as a graphics wise, sure you will be able to make leaps and bounds by way of upgrades throught a consoles lifecycle, but PCs lack the one thing that make gaming consoles gaming consoles, and that's games. Compared to any or all game consoles, PCs will never touch it. Now would I rather play a few games on my pc which I just spent about 600 dollars upgrading, or would I rather be able to buy about 600 dollars worth of games. I'll pick games any time.

Plus KB/M is a pretty lame foil for games other than fps's and strategies.

Dae
05-09-2006, 05:09 PM
>> I've never had any problems with my ps2, you need to take better care of your stuff.

How do you abuse a PS2 and cause it to break down? I never pushed the tray in, always kept the discs clean and made a point of de-dusting the front fans whenever they got dusty.

>> Thank goodness for PCs.

>> My PC will do more, play harder, have way better graphics, and it's upgradeable.

>> Eat your heart out consoles.

Hell yeah. My PC is only middle-end now and still kicks the ........ into all PS2 games both performance and graphics-wise. The 360 is coming close, but my PC is still higher res.

EDIT: Can the 360 do FSAA?

Your PC is only middle-end and it has higher res than Xbox 360? Xbox 360 is using the best video card out on the market. Combined with an HDTV it wtfpwns your pc. The truth is that it takes the most upgraded computer out on the market right now outdo Xbox 360. Which is much better to do though. I'd rather have an upgraded computer than an Xbox 360. Amen, Bubba.

indigo0086
05-09-2006, 05:45 PM
First mistake...arguing with a PC gamer.

Decrypt
05-09-2006, 07:13 PM
Indigo, your point on games is true to a certain extent - but it goes both ways. PCs and consoles both have types of games they excel at. Have you ever tried playing a RTS/strategy on a console? Don't bother. Sports games on a PC? pfft, please.

As far as the specs of PCs and consoles - PCs will (most) always be better. Why? Little ditty called Moore's "law". Xbox 360 rules now, but how long will it be before middle-to-high-end PCs catch up? Buy an Xbox 360, you get that hardware for the life of the unit. If you have the desire and cash to do so, your PC can constantly be at the forefront of technology.

IMO, it's all about what you want to do with it. If you're OK a jump ahead in technology every few years and like games that lend themselves to consoles, go that way. If you want something constantly upgradeable that lends itself to PC-dominated game genres, go for it. Not to mention that a PC isn't just for gaming (gasp!).

Neither one dominates the other in every aspect. (The same goes for comparing current consoles. Get over it.)

SniperSAS
05-09-2006, 07:54 PM
guys watch this

are you watching? okay here goes:

NINTENDO SUCKS

:cool:

indigo0086
05-09-2006, 08:07 PM
Indigo, your point on games is true to a certain extent - but it goes both ways. PCs and consoles both have types of games they excel at. Have you ever tried playing a RTS/strategy on a console? Don't bother. Sports games on a PC? pfft, please.

Then again there are few RTS's on a PC that are worth a buy, they are all just following in the shadow of Starcraft/Warcraft in my opinion

As far as the specs of PCs and consoles - PCs will (most) always be better. Why? Little ditty called Moore's "law". Xbox 360 rules now, but how long will it be before middle-to-high-end PCs catch up? Buy an Xbox 360, you get that hardware for the life of the unit. If you have the desire and cash to do so, your PC can constantly be at the forefront of technology.

As I said, no matter how exponentially PC's will improve, games come first for me. A badass system is great, but with a lackluster amount of games it's meaningless. I can personally say I've proven this since I've been using computers since before ever owning a modern game console (I'm starting with the original nintendo. No matter how much the pc has improved, I've never had the need to replace a gaming system with a PC, NEVER, and I never will

IMO, it's all about what you want to do with it. If you're OK a jump ahead in technology every few years and like games that lend themselves to consoles, go that way. If you want something constantly upgradeable that lends itself to PC-dominated game genres, go for it. Not to mention that a PC isn't just for gaming (gasp!).

this answers the last question. You use sarcasm as though I somehow suggested I didn't know otherwise. PC's aren't proprietary machines specifically designed for games (while having the ability to perform other specific tasks, it is all secondary). PCs are machines that are designed to do many tasks and manage many programs, games just happen to fall under as a program.

Neither one dominates the other in every aspect. (The same goes for comparing current consoles. Get over it.)

In all fairness both dominate one another in some aspects, which is the point I'm trying to make, please don't suggest I'm doign otherwise. PCs dominate Game systems for everythign other than games, and maybe media. Game consoles dominate PCs by overall game developer support. A PC will not, at any time, have the same level of combined or individual support from Gaming Developers as Game consoles. This is all I'm trying to say. And maybe try to bring some PC gamers back down to earth.


And I'm spent, MS's and Nintendo's Press Conference owned PS3's btw.

Mad_guy
05-09-2006, 09:59 PM
I still don't get why everybody's all asshurt over the name "Wii." So the name sucks, surely the console is what matters, right? Look at the history of game systems and they all have stupid names, "NeoGeo," "Atari," "Playstation," "Xbox," "Wonderswan," "Lynx." Really.

Until Nintendo matures and people start making games for their consoles that're meant for higher aged audiences at a higher rate, I probably won't be buying a Wii for anything other than maybe the occasional Zelda game. The Wii is going to be a fun console, although I think people are over evangilizing it a little bit. There's no way that you're going to be able to have good things like lightsaber fights using the Wii as long as there's no way to accurately control collision detection, for example. Most other things are going to come out to be totally valid.

360 = nothing to me. The only reason I'd consider getting one is for Resident Evil 5, and maybe Crackdown. It has some cool features, but nothing amazing by my standards.

The PS3 is what I am looking forward to. I loved my PS2 for the amazing amount of games available for it and the good quality of them, and I personally think that the PS2 is still one of the best consoles on the market right now. I expect that in the PS3 and hope it'll come out well.

Dae
05-09-2006, 10:12 PM
First mistake...arguing with a correct PC gamer.

Fixed.

I'm a PC gamer too. I'm just being realistic though, becuase I don't like how a PC gamer will just say his PC is better than Xbox 360 for made up reasons. No, PC most likely isn't better graphics vs Xbox 360. However, there are a lot more reasons to game on a PC, and that is why it is better. Basically what Bubba said, and not because you ignorantly believe Xbox 360 graphics aren't even good. They are, but only for now.....

SlyMaelstrom
05-09-2006, 10:53 PM
In all honesty, if you're talking about a person who's only interest in a system is to play games then a console has many advantages. They're more compact and they're significantly cheaper (even at $600). Most families don't have money for two PCs, which means if they're interested in having access to playing games any time they wish they're better off having a game console.

I personally love PC games. They are usually graphically superior and besides having their own exclusive games, they tend to get ports of the best console games. I'm lucky to have my own PC, and between the graphics card, the sound card and the extra RAM alone, I've easily spent more than I ever had on a console. I can't compare PCs and consoles. It's like comparing apples and oranges to me.

And from what I hear, the PS3 press conference went very well beyond they dropped the bomb with the price. It will clearly affect sales, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a major price drop within a few months of the release. I've always been a Sony fan myself, as they've consistently had a better collection of games. I have all three of the last generation consoles and my PS2 collection is larger than my Xbox and Gamecube collection combine. Though XBox 360 appears to have a much better collection than it's predecessor, and I'm very interested in seeing what the Wii controller has to offer. So I'm kind of on the fence of where to go with the next gen consoles.

Anyway, that's my two cents.

Decrypt
05-10-2006, 12:25 AM
@Indigo: apparently my employees are right - I'm a dick even when I don't mean to be. :sighs: Only the first paragraph was meant as a response to you. I (for the most part) agree with what you're saying.

@anyone who feels like listening:
Hey, I'm all for my console. I'm very happy with my PS2 and the games available for it. In fact, mine has been on pause for a good 24 hours now since my wife and I are in the top of the 21st inning, tied at 1, and haven't had time to finish it yet. We've had it for years, we love it, no complaints.

My point was that every few years, the new generation of gaming consoles come out, and a bunch of people go all ape........ over them, oooh, look what it can do! Then, a year or so later, most decent PCs have passed their hardware by. The games themselves are better here or there depending on your point of view.

People get too worked up about what other people are buying. You like Nintendo? fine. You're a Playstation guy? great. Xbox? whatever. I don't care. I find the whole foaming at the mouth, fierce loyalty to a single gaming concept/platform/system/whatever ridiculous. You don't go to your neighbors' garage and say "WHAT? You bought a Chevy? WTF? My Honda gets like 36 mpg!!!! Are you ........ing retarded?!?!? Chevy sux bllz, HONDA fr l337 dr1vXOrs beeotch!!!!1!shift+1!

I own a PS2 and a middlish PC. I like them. You don't? You don't have to. They're mine.

SlyMaelstrom
05-10-2006, 02:10 AM
Ewww... Honda? They suck. I like Mazda. :)

Yes, I agree with your beliefs, Decrypt.

Govtcheez
05-10-2006, 06:21 AM
> Sports games on a PC? pfft, please

What? I play sports games on my PC all the time. There are plenty of controllers available; it's not like you're just using the keyboard.

indigo0086
05-10-2006, 07:42 AM
@Indigo: apparently my employees are right - I'm a dick even when I don't mean to be. :sighs: Only the first paragraph was meant as a response to you. I (for the most part) agree with what you're saying.

@anyone who feels like listening:
Hey, I'm all for my console. I'm very happy with my PS2 and the games available for it. In fact, mine has been on pause for a good 24 hours now since my wife and I are in the top of the 21st inning, tied at 1, and haven't had time to finish it yet. We've had it for years, we love it, no complaints.

My point was that every few years, the new generation of gaming consoles come out, and a bunch of people go all ape........ over them, oooh, look what it can do! Then, a year or so later, most decent PCs have passed their hardware by. The games themselves are better here or there depending on your point of view.

People get too worked up about what other people are buying. You like Nintendo? fine. You're a Playstation guy? great. Xbox? whatever. I don't care. I find the whole foaming at the mouth, fierce loyalty to a single gaming concept/platform/system/whatever ridiculous. You don't go to your neighbors' garage and say "WHAT? You bought a Chevy? WTF? My Honda gets like 36 mpg!!!! Are you ........ing retarded?!?!? Chevy sux bllz, HONDA fr l337 dr1vXOrs beeotch!!!!1!shift+1!

I own a PS2 and a middlish PC. I like them. You don't? You don't have to. They're mine.

Don't take it personal, it's trash talk and fun. People like talking about these things, especially with these kinds of shows. When the N64 came out I'm sure lengthy flaming discussions from PS1 and Saturn enthusiasts burst out, that's just how it goes man. Enjoy it.

joeprogrammer
05-10-2006, 09:18 AM
I absoloutely hate consoles. I see no reason to buy an extra machine that sets me back $300+ when I have a perfectly good PC just waiting to play games. And don't get me started on the controllers. A mouse and keyboard is WAY better than analog sticks when it comes to first-person shooters (well, I think there was a way to hook up keyboard+mouse to a console, but I forget).

And then developers can't get a hold of the console SDK without a contract with the console maufacturer. So that means no freeware games for your console :(. In fact, console makers force the publishers to sell the game at a set price (or higher). So now if you buy an Xbox 360, you end up paying about $20 more for each game.

Consoles..... errr.... *you suck*

Cheeze-It
05-10-2006, 09:21 AM
I've never had any problems with my ps2, you The DS was a flop

Wow, if the DS was a flop, I'd hate to hear what
you'd call the PSP; considering it sold MILLIONS LESS
than the DS. :mad:




My PC will do more, play harder, have way better graphics, and it's upgradeable.



No, you're wrong. The PC will never share anything with
the Wii. There's no controller available on the PC that has
the same functionality as the Wii's; and even if there was,
there wouldn't be games made for it. The Wii's nunchuck +
wand control scheme is more natural for FPSs than a
keyboard and mouse.

The days of huge graphical leaps between generations are
over. Playstation -> Dreamcast was the last time there was
a huge change.

All you people are too concerned with graphics. Nobody cares
about graphics anymore; well, nobody that has been playing
games for 20+ years. We're more interested in new types of
games and new ways to play them.



>I've never had any problems with my ps2, you need to take better care of your stuff.

I second that.


That's two. Two people that obviously don't even play
their PS2s. It's impossible to break something that you never
even use.

SlyMaelstrom
05-10-2006, 09:27 AM
I'll admit that my PS2 did have problems, too, and it wasn't due to me not taking care of it. If you're interested google something like "PS2 disk read error" and look at how many fix results come up. If I remember correctly, it was related to its laser not being able to properly support itself if it was used too much. The laser gets misaligned and can't read the disks. You have to open it up and realign it. I've had to do that three times since I bought my PS2 which was the day they hit the shelves.

Perspective
05-10-2006, 10:30 AM
>And then developers can't get a hold of the console SDK without a contract with the console
>maufacturer. So that means no freeware games for your console

The nintendo Wii is going to cater to indie developers, you'll be able to download indie games to your console.


@ethic: I use my PS2 a lot, as a gaming console and as my only DVD player. My use only declined recently when I got a PSP.

@PC Fanboys: The idea this time around is not a technically superior console, its inovation for gameplay (well, thats the idea for nintendo anyway). PC won't have anything comparable to Wii for a long time, even if they do come up with a crappy usb knock off, they won't have the support from the developers because not everyone will have the hardware.

Also, the fact the you can keep your PC top-o-the-line by upgrading is a moot point for the masses. Most people can't affor to spend $300-$400 on a graphix card every 6 months. A console on the other hand is guaranteed to have new playable games comming at you for at least 3 or 4 years. Let's see you play oblivion on your 4 year old PC... oh whats that? you can? (if you play at 640x480 with all the graphics features turned off), but thats ok... because the game is capable of better graphics... it doesn't matter that most people can't see them without spending the price of a console on upgrading their PC. :P

@ethic again: The DS has ~3 good games, the PSP has like 3 bazoogilian good games. flop :P

Govtcheez
05-10-2006, 10:41 AM
Wow, if the DS was a flop, I'd hate to hear what
you'd call the PSP; considering it sold MILLIONS LESS
than the DS. :mad:
It doesn't count, since Nintendo counts one sale for each screen, doubling the actual number sold.

whiteflags
05-10-2006, 10:48 AM
Just for fun, if no one remembers this story, it will be too soon. Remember that PSP has a misaligned box button? (http://games.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=05/02/22/1713210&tid=207&tid=126) :) The PSP reeks of awesome! I liked the idea when I heard about it, but I started worrying because I'm bad enough at games as it is, I don't need extra handicaps built in the hardware.

That still won't stop me! I'll buy PSP one of these days.

The DS has ~3 good games, the PSP has like 3 bazoogilian good games. flop :P Correct. A handheld is useless without good games. Nintendo stuff still gets sold because there are people like me still alive. We're old enough to remember how cool Nintendo was. Mario kept me entertained for hours when I was really sick in the hospital as a kid.

SniperSAS
05-10-2006, 11:53 AM
why are you guys arguing about videogames?

Perspective
05-10-2006, 11:55 AM
why are you guys arguing about videogames?

I think the real question here is, Why aren't you arguing about video games?


*my psp has no such button alignment problems.

whiteflags
05-10-2006, 12:57 PM
*my psp has no such button alignment problems.
This was a while ago. Sony has taken care of it, so I'm not surprised.

Govtcheez
05-10-2006, 01:15 PM
why are you guys arguing about videogames?
Because we all know that Wolverine could kick Robocop's ass.