PDA

View Full Version : Guests shouldn't be able to post!

Fool
09-04-2001, 10:30 AM
I really wish our webmaster would make it so people have to registar to post a message on these boards. Personally when I try and help someone or reply to a thread I like to know who I'm talking to. Then later if I remember seeing that name I'll know what they have asked before and be able to give more focused answers to questions. Also, we would have a higher member count:D

-Fool

Govtcheez
09-04-2001, 10:35 AM
Yeah, but then we'd have people who come by here once and are never seen again. We'd have a high member count, but an even larger amount of people with 0 or 1 post.

Witch_King
09-04-2001, 10:52 AM
I think that there are too many introverts here. Look at all the invisible members! haha

rick barclay
09-04-2001, 11:19 AM
Some people wish to remain anonymous. Nothing wrong with
that. There have been regulars here who have posted messages
using an alias, so what's the difference, anyway? Nobody
really knows who they're talking too, anyway.

rick barclay

mithrandir
09-05-2001, 07:19 AM
Nobody
really knows who they're talking too, anyway.

Well, I fess up! I'm actually George W. Bush!

Govtcheez
09-05-2001, 07:23 AM
In that case, I think I'm gonna have to start deleting your posts!

ober
09-05-2001, 07:53 AM
SO I guess if I said my name was Al Gore, you'd send me a gift basket? Silly democrats... when are they gonna realize that their dumbasses are no better than ours?

Govtcheez
09-05-2001, 07:55 AM
Sure, would you like fruits or what? :p

ober
09-05-2001, 08:00 AM
Fruits, veggies, a big chunk of cow... it doesn't matter. I created the internet... you should all get on your knees and.... HAHA

Govtcheez
09-05-2001, 08:03 AM
Ober, I shoulda guessed with that awful yuppie school you go to you'd be a stubborn republican...

ober
09-05-2001, 08:12 AM
I'm sorry to see that even after attending that worthless school YOU attend, that your eyes are still shielded to the truth...

Govtcheez
09-05-2001, 08:21 AM
The truth? What, Alaska doesn't need oil? The Great Lakes don't need water? What truth?

You think that just because your school's in the ghetto, you're tougher and better?

ober
09-05-2001, 08:42 AM
The truth... you're right.. Alaska doesn't need oil. I need it here in Pennsylvania.. and for that matter, suck Texas and every other state in this country with a "protected state park" dry! oohh.. don't get me started on your boy Clinton..

What... and you think that having your school in the middle of a city mired in a decade of industrial decline makes you invincible?

Govtcheez
09-05-2001, 08:48 AM
Because you can look out your window over the Stop-n-Rob, you exist on a higher plane?

Why does the oil need to come from us, though? I say we go over to Arabia and just "borrow" some for awhile. Preferably we "borrow" it with a an aircraft carrier and a couple battleships.

ober
09-05-2001, 08:55 AM
I look out my window and see a spot of dirt that used to be Happy Hour. And it saddens me. And technically, out there, I think I do live on a higher plane... strictly speaking sea level here. Depending on exactly where you live...

Hey, I say we fork over some on our own, but I agree. We're the world's police... I saw we roll up in to the Middle East in a PHAT hummer with some backup and "borrow" whatever we damn well please.

Govtcheez
09-05-2001, 09:08 AM
That is rather depressing - did you at least get a brick from it?

Yes, it is higher sea-level wise.

Witch_King
09-05-2001, 09:24 AM
Why don't you American heros try to stretch more efficiency out of the reserve that you already have instead of wasting the rest of the world supply.

Govtcheez
09-05-2001, 09:29 AM
Tried that - but when you get so many jackasses driving their oversized SUV's, it gets a little harder. I think it's funny to listen to people that drive, say, a Dodge Durango or smth, and then complain when it gets about 15miles/gallon and they have to spend $50 filling the thing up.

Maybe we should deplete Canada's reserves...

rick barclay
09-05-2001, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by [stealth]

Well, I fess up! I'm actually George W. Bush!

How would I know that? I've never seen you. And halloween
isn't for another two months, so why would you want to go messing up
a perfectly good face by disguising yours as his, oh master?

rick barclay

rick barclay
09-05-2001, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by ober5861
Fruits, veggies, a big chunk of cow... it doesn't matter. I created the internet... you should all get on your knees and.... HAHA

(gets down on knees, genuflects...falls asleep)

rick barclay
09-05-2001, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by Witch_King
Why don't you American heros try to stretch more efficiency out of the reserve that you already have instead of wasting the rest of the world supply.

It's more fun our way.

rick barclay

ober
09-05-2001, 10:41 AM
We wouldn't have to waste the world's supply of oil if people in high places would stop making every other piece of dirt in this country into f-ing sacred ground..

Pendragon
09-05-2001, 11:23 AM
Temper, Temper Ober!!
tut, tut.

Unregistered
09-05-2001, 12:13 PM
I agree totally, those damn unregistereds, causing nothing but tro--- oh wait, nevermind.

Hsifruocs
09-05-2001, 12:16 PM
>Why don't you American heros
>try to stretch more efficiency out
>of the reserve that you already
>have instead of wasting the rest
>of the world supply.

And why doesn't Europe get a friggin FDA, if you haven't noticed, your food is swimming with foot and mouth and mad cow :)

Unregistered
09-05-2001, 12:19 PM
Yes I am a retard, not noticing the Canada location, sue me.

Originally posted by Hsifruocs
>Why don't you American heros
>try to stretch more efficiency out
>of the reserve that you already
>have instead of wasting the rest
>of the world supply.

And why doesn't Europe get a friggin FDA, if you haven't noticed, your food is swimming with foot and mouth and mad cow :)

Pendragon
09-05-2001, 12:26 PM
Hsifruocs,

Before you start typing things like that you might have *attempted* to show the rest of us that you aren't an arrogant, egocentric, idiotic dundervolke.

Bytes and kisses,

ThePendragon

ober
09-05-2001, 01:35 PM
Pendragon, don't you worry about my temper. You probably have no freakin clue what I'm even talking about and you wouldn't understand it if I told you. It's the insanity of certain members and former members of our nation's goverment that drives half of us to retaliation in one form or another. GD treehuggers....

I don't mean to flame you... but this subject happens to spark my defensive side.

Pendragon
09-05-2001, 01:48 PM
I would understand. No two ways about it and don't bother trying to argue that I wouldn't. I'm rediculously stubborn. :p

However you are forgiven. ;)

Bytes and Bits,

TheP.

Grandma
09-05-2001, 02:31 PM
Back to the original opinion: I don't post almost at all, but enjoy reading your discussions, you prattle sometimes in a way that I have to wipe tears of my eyes. Some of you have become personified in my mind and I think of you as I knew you.

So if then on some rare occasion I'd like to send a short post, I certainly want to be able to do that.
Now; I HAVE registered, and it would be more right that I'd NOT have. If there are more readers like me, they should be able to post without registration.

The reason why I don't post much is that I don't feel qualified; my attempt to learn programming was a lousy effort and I don't do programming related stuff much. But when I was studying C, I got help on this board (actually, on one section which doesn't exist any more) and found you that way. I keep coming back, because, as I said earlier, you are a "live" bunch of characters and I like to read what you're up to.

-KEN-
09-05-2001, 03:20 PM
you're right, I feel like I know the rest of the board regulars well, too...

*sigh* "when will people learn: Democracy just doesn't work!" ~ Simpsons :)

going off on a tangent again, are we? Ok, let's cut the lot of you down to size *gets out trusty scythe*

>>We wouldn't have to waste the world's supply of oil if people in high places would stop making every other piece of dirt in this country into f-ing sacred ground..<<

We barely have any "sacred ground" as you so choose to call it. It's a neccessity to preserve some of nature's beauty. what would you rather put there?

>>
Originally posted by Witch_King

It's more fun our way. <<

Rick, you're an incredibly funny human being :D. Hehe, I agree whole-heartedly. I also agree with Cheez, what's the point in driving these stupid SUV's? for the most part we don't need them, and all they do is waste gas and cause more pollution.

Al Gore never claimed to create the internet, although he did blow what he actually did for it way outta proportion:
http://www.wired.com/news/politics/0,1283,39301,00.html

I dunno what I am politically...not republican, not democratic...I dunno. maybe I'm somwhere in the middle...

Dean, don't start in on America bashing, lest we get in on the endless stream of Canadian jokes, eh?eh?eh?eh?

Ok, I'd love to post more, but I have homework.

Aran
09-05-2001, 03:34 PM
and so do i. It is a sad sad world, and History honors is hellishly work-full. Ugh, the ugliness of it all. I can't wait until i get Space Empires IV in the mail... Has anyone ever bought anything from shrapnel games? are they dependable?

anyway, the american pays ludicrous amounts of money in taxes in order to keep up this damn army and navy, why the hell shouldn't we blow the living crap out of third world countries and have a little fun with our wasted money?

Aran
09-05-2001, 03:36 PM
a good boom for the buck would make us all (americans) happier people in general. Also, it will bulster the american, "Hey, i can blow you to hell more times than you have said the word 'the' in your life, so shut your noise hole and give us our damn oil" image.

Pendragon
09-05-2001, 03:56 PM
Umm...? Hmm.

No, I won't say a word on that note.

Aran
09-05-2001, 04:00 PM
i don't think you should anyways, because i can call up my good friend George and have him create a new sea where britian now is. :D:D:D

Fordy
09-05-2001, 04:03 PM
Yeah - as if he'd know where Britain was!!!!! He'd have to ask his dad

Aran
09-05-2001, 04:17 PM
"Britain... hmm... the one weast of uganda and to the nouth of Hawaii?" is what George would say.

umm...... sure.

ober
09-06-2001, 07:39 AM
Dear Dear Ken.....

What would I put up on these places so-called "sacred ground"? Pumps... pumps to suck all removable minerals out of the ground that we can use. And it's not just that they're taking away land to preserve it... we're not even allowed to enjoy most of it now. Do you know that many parks ban snowmobiles because of federal retards "sanctifying" the land? And heaven forbid if we should ever shoot an animal on any of that land.

And I know Gore didn't claim to create the internet. That was just some Democrat/Gore bashing... there is nothing on the toolbar to denote sarcasm.....

Also, it will bulster the american, "Hey, i can blow you to hell more times than you have said the word 'the' in your life, so shut your noise hole and give us our damn oil" image.

Aran Elus... you are a riot.

i don't think you should anyways, because i can call up my good friend George and have him create a new sea where britian now is.

HAHAHAHAHA.... take that Pendragon... ROFL...