PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on the Das Keyboard

Sentral
12-06-2005, 05:46 PM
So...Has anyone bought this or atleast used it, because i was planning to buy one for christmas. I just want to know if the $80 was worth it. Such as, how much of a difference do the weighted keys make, and stuff like that. Or is it good for gaming? Thanks ! :cool: Here is the site http://www.daskeyboard.com/

nickname_changed
12-06-2005, 05:54 PM
I'm going to buy one after I order one of these for pair-programming:
http://www.cenqua.com/pairon/

jrahhali
12-06-2005, 05:58 PM
cOOL!!
80 USD!! what the blood!! Even sony couldn't get away with this!
but if you have the budget, i would say go for it! I know i would. It's probably because it's not in mass production. Just a guy who makes them?

nickname_changed
12-06-2005, 06:01 PM
cOOL!!
80 USD!! what the blood!! Even sony couldn't get away with this!
but if you have the budget, i would say go for it! I know i would. It's probably because it's not in mass production. Just a guy who makes them?

I've got keyboards with letters missing - just use the keys a lot and the letters dissapear. I'm sure you could just scrub the keys and achieve the same effect (for less than $80).

jrahhali
12-06-2005, 06:10 PM
hmm... nice! I think i'll try that actually.

sand_man
12-06-2005, 10:26 PM
I would like one but it's too expensive for me plus I would have everyone else in the house asking me to swap back to the old keyboard all the time.

-=SoKrA=-
12-10-2005, 09:40 AM
This has got to be the best keyboard I've ever seen. It uses OLEDs for the keys. It's gotta be really neat for people who constanty change leyout.

I keep chaning between spanish (Spain) and US layouts, even though the british layout is actually printed. You can't print accented letters and/or spanish-only characters in any standard way with anything else than the spanish layouts, but I don't use it often enough to remember where all the other special chars are (* = + et al).

http://www.artlebedev.com/portfolio/optimus/

JaWiB
12-10-2005, 01:01 PM
Yes if that keyboard were real it would be quite nice ;)

ElastoManiac
12-10-2005, 02:14 PM
If you want your keyboard to look cool, why don't you randomly swap all the keys...
It looks really neat ( i did it )

Heres how my arrows look:

[ esc ]

[ 9 ] [ K ] [ end ]

cboard_member
12-10-2005, 02:19 PM
If you want your keyboard to look cool, why don't you randomly swap all the keys...
It looks really neat ( i did it )

Heres how my arrows look:

[ esc ]

[ 9 ] [ K ] [ end ]

So you had to learn a different layout for typing?

-=SoKrA=-
12-10-2005, 04:34 PM
>So you had to learn a different layout for typing?

I think he means just change the physical thing where the letters/numbers are written, not the keycode the emit.

@JaWiB
The say it's gonna be real and they're hoping to release it by 2006. Unless it's insanely expensive, I'm definitely getting one.

ElastoManiac
12-10-2005, 04:39 PM
>So you had to learn a different layout for typing?

I think he means just change the physical thing where the letters/numbers are written, not the keycode the emit.

@JaWiB
The say it's gonna be real and they're hoping to release it by 2006. Unless it's insanely expensive, I'm definitely getting one.
you think right.

CrazyNorman
12-11-2005, 08:55 PM
Personally, I find that the Microsoft Ergonomic keyboard is great ($10-$20 less too). Anyone else use an ergonomic?

-=SoKrA=-
12-11-2005, 09:01 PM
I got my 'mulitmedia' ergonomic MS keyboard/mouse combo for 25 IIRC. This was when high-street shops sold it for 50.
Ergonomic is good, but what I really like is the mouse. Nice and big. I only recently managed to get it back from my brother...

kermi3
12-11-2005, 09:22 PM
you think right.

Guy I worked with last year had done that. I asked him if I could check my e-mail....he resuponded: "Sure...ummmm, can you touch type? You'll see why..."

It was quite a surprising miomment when I sat down...

He said back in 7th grade he didn't want his parents to use his computer...

I thought it was a little tough, because the keys all face the same way so some were actually higher than others...

YankeePride13
12-12-2005, 01:07 PM
i'm totally gonna pick this up after i pick up the screenless monitor. Those bad boys are flyin off the shelves