PDA

View Full Version : Prelude Picture Pool-in

cboard_member
10-14-2005, 08:12 AM
Mentioned in an earlier thread about Preludes use of ASCII art, I think we should work through the tutorials at eternallyconfuzzled and transform the the said AA into pretty jpegs!

Shouldn't take long if a few of us take a page each. I've got Photoshop so I'm well equipped - of course MSPaint or GIMP will work just as well.

I'll take the first page on BST's. Time to give something back people :)

*edit*

Prelude: Where shall we send the pics?

pianorain
10-14-2005, 08:34 AM
I plan on zipping 'em and posting an attachment. I've got 9 left to do on that red-black tutorial.

Prelude
10-14-2005, 08:39 AM
:eek: Wow, I had no idea people were so interested in helping. Thanks!

>I'll take the first page on BST's.
This one will be getting a big update soon, so you might want to hold off on that page.

>Prelude: Where shall we send the pics?
An attachment will be fine, or you can email them to happyfrosty@hotmail.com.

cboard_member
10-14-2005, 08:42 AM
Damn I've already started! Nevermind I'll keep it and go straight for the page on AVL trees.

cboard_member
10-14-2005, 09:16 AM
I plan on zipping 'em and posting an attachment. I've got 9 left to do on that red-black tutorial.

9 left!! What are you using?
Lining the numbers up and making it all neat is a pain in the butt in photoshop :)

pianorain
10-14-2005, 09:21 AM
Visio rules for making diagrams. All those nice circles and lines are already made for you. It snaps stuff to grids and centers your text.

cboard_member
10-14-2005, 09:28 AM
Visio rules for making diagrams. All those nice circles and lines are already made for you. It snaps stuff to grids and centers your text.

Visio rings a bell.
I've only done 4 and my finger is starting to develop a stiffness. :)

pianorain
10-14-2005, 09:32 AM
Prelude, I've got a question. On the 10th ASCII art drawing on the red-black tutorial, you have nodes 0,1,3, and 4 in the first two trees, but the third tree magically has 0,1,2 and 3. Was this intentional?

Prelude
10-14-2005, 09:45 AM
>Was this intentional?
No, I go through several variations of a diagram before the final result, and sometimes I forget to change things to the way they should be. The structure is correct and the numbers match up where 2 is equivalent to 3 and 3 is equivalent to 4, but that's a typo. It should be like this:

2,B 2,B 1,B

/ \ / \ / \

0,R 3,B -> 1,B 3,B -> 0,R 2,R

\ / \

1,R 0,R 3,B

pianorain
10-14-2005, 09:57 AM
Okay, images sent.