PDA

View Full Version : Music?

fuchu
06-20-2005, 09:55 PM
What is your favorite type of music? Mine is either Rap or Classical.

Govtcheez
06-21-2005, 05:25 AM
I'll listen to anything but country or modern r&b. Right now the CD player in my car has (IIRC) the Fugees, Deltron 3030, Blur, the Gorillaz, Coldplay, and the White Stripes.

The Brain
06-21-2005, 06:03 AM
I will listen to anything.. all types.. all genre.. from any era. Music is link to the past and present and stuff. Winamp: currently playing "Sounds of Silence" by Simon and Garfunkel.. Car CD player: Appetite for destruction by Guns and Roses. Walkman: Meloncholy and the Infinate Sadness by Smashing Pumpkins. IPOD: works by Mozart #including "Abduction from the Seraglio"

mrafcho001
06-21-2005, 10:12 AM
I listen to everything but heavy metal, rock and other "angry" music lol
I mainly listen to Techno though helps me relax and think

and of course GORILLAZ!!!!

Felix
06-21-2005, 10:37 AM
Mainly Classic Rock (the Doors, the Beatles), a little bit of (groove) metal here and there (Pantera, Metallica), some hard rock (Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix, Guns N' Roses), at certain times also relaxed Latin music (Buena Vista Social Club) and techno-ish stuff (Beverly Hills Cop, Little Less Conversation). Also alternative and psychedelica (Muse, Pink Floyd, Radiohead).
At times I listen to Classical too.

I used to listen to Linkin Park but I don't anymore.

subdene
06-21-2005, 11:36 AM
Love listening to David Bowie, ELO, OMD and Depeche Mode when I am programming. They are fantastic to get your mind in gear and focus.

Govtcheez
06-21-2005, 01:25 PM
and of course GORILLAZ!!!!
High five baby!

fuchu
06-21-2005, 01:33 PM
I will listen to anything.. all types.. all genre.. from any era. Music is link to the past and present and stuff. Winamp: currently playing "Sounds of Silence" by Simon and Garfunkel.. Car CD player: Appetite for destruction by Guns and Roses. Walkman: Meloncholy and the Infinate Sadness by Smashing Pumpkins. IPOD: works by Mozart #including "Abduction from the Seraglio"
Oh dang I love that opera. Even though it has to do with a ..........house. Classical is good. No, great. All music is... well so I think. Not all is, but alot is.

MathFan
06-21-2005, 01:35 PM
Listen to most genres except pop. Though I like metal and classic most of all. My favourites are: Iron Maiden, Wuthering Heights, 69 Eyes, Cradle Of Filth, Apocalyptica, Era, Enigma and Enya.

Shakti
06-21-2005, 02:15 PM
Ill listen to rock and metal, like Rammstein, Freedom Call and iron maiden, but also Queen sometimes.

no-one
06-21-2005, 03:16 PM
hahaha... what a bunch of losers...

Govtcheez
06-21-2005, 03:23 PM
hahaha... what a bunch of losers...
haha, i remember your musical tastes. You're one of those guys whose favorite bands are so damn cool but only because no one's ever heard of them.

Way to be a rebel, man.

gcn_zelda
06-21-2005, 04:04 PM
I listen to television static and computer system sounds, generally. To get to sleep I find it relaxing to listen to the repeating beauty of shattering glass.

Govtcheez
06-21-2005, 05:15 PM
I listen to television static and computer system sounds, generally. To get to sleep I find it relaxing to listen to the repeating beauty of shattering glass.
I know you're joking, but check Aire Freshener (http://www.peterhirschberg.com/mysoftware.html) out if you want some pleasant ambient noise while you sleep. It's pretty much just like those nature CDs you can buy, but it's great. I used to use all the time when I was in college and my roommates were keeping me awake.

BobMcGee123
06-21-2005, 05:48 PM
I'm deaf.

Glirk Dient
06-21-2005, 06:16 PM
I listen to different types of rock. Mostly alternative/emo, some other rock as well. Bands like Finch, The Used, Hoobastank, Breaking Benjamin, Adema, Earshot and Trust Company.

Gotta love having my klipsh 5.1 promedia speakers and an Audigy 2 ZS sound card...all my music sounds great. :D

Ruski
06-21-2005, 11:23 PM
Strictly hip-hop.. dmx, busta rhymes, cypress hill, wu-tang clan, jay-z, sean paul, snoop doggy dogg :), xzibit and others.. and I also like listening to b.music especially to b.funk (it's that music that b.boys dance around to.. y'know? im a b.boy :) :) :) )

Ruski
06-21-2005, 11:26 PM
and winamp sucks.. jetaudio kicks a$$ :)

ILoveVectors
06-22-2005, 12:06 AM
My music preference is mostly centered around gangsta rap
and hip hop, but i care for opera and classical, oldies, and some
country, i also like latin (salsa) / india and indian music, and reggaeton.

no-one
06-22-2005, 10:01 AM
>haha, i remember your musical tastes. You're one of those guys whose favorite bands are so damn cool but only because no one's ever heard of them.

Way to be a rebel, man.
<

not quite.... most my favorite bands are bands that people have never heard of... yes, but that's not why they're cool, they're cool cause they're cool, and they dont suck because they're not popular... cause 99.999999999999999999% of the time when a band gets popular.... they start to suck.

Govtcheez
06-22-2005, 10:05 AM
That's why the only thing I listen to is Tibetan death metal. It's only played in the Himalayas, and the performer is killed immediately after finishing. It's not even recorded, so I can be sure I'm getting the best music there is, since we all know that for every CD someone buys, the band gets a little bit worse.

no-one
06-22-2005, 10:17 AM
hur hur hur... your a funny man...

Glirk Dient
06-22-2005, 03:04 PM
That's why the only thing I listen to is Tibetan death metal. It's only played in the Himalayas, and the performer is killed immediately after finishing. It's not even recorded, so I can be sure I'm getting the best music there is, since we all know that for every CD someone buys, the band gets a little bit worse.

glad you understand

ober
06-22-2005, 03:08 PM
I soak up just about anything except for twangy country and gospel. I like rap, top 40, metal, rock... etc. If I had to pick one type of music to listen to the rest of my life it would be rap, hands down.

Glirk Dient
06-22-2005, 04:11 PM
I soak up just about anything except for twangy country and gospel. I like rap, top 40, metal, rock... etc. If I had to pick one type of music to listen to the rest of my life it would be rap, hands down.

Please don't shoot me

ober
06-22-2005, 04:39 PM
Yeah... because that's all rap is about :rolleyes:

Please don't commit suicide or break up with your girlfriend. :rolleyes: x 1 bazillion

no-one
06-22-2005, 09:15 PM
ober... your not black(are you?)... cause only black people are allowed to like rap, dontcha know?

Zach L.
06-22-2005, 09:21 PM
It really varies for me. Classic rock, classical, and cletic come to mind as being some of my favorites.

As for my opinion of rap, I leave you to decipher my signature. :cool:

Glirk Dient
06-22-2005, 11:08 PM
ober... your not black(are you?)... cause only black people are allowed to like rap, dontcha know?

Step off ma #1 dizzawg in this hizzle fo shizzle! We hommies be representing all up in dis her turf! You playa hatas beta step off ma turf before I finna get all angry up in her! ...REPRESENT...G-UNIT!!!

#1 original gangsta yo

sand_man
06-22-2005, 11:34 PM
I listen to black metal, viking metal, gothic metal and folk metal. Sometimes I also like to listen to noise and ambience/industrial avant garde

Probably easier to post my audioscrobbler list http://www.audioscrobbler.com/user/s4nd_m4n/

nickname_changed
06-23-2005, 04:42 AM
Maroon 5.

Edit: and Incubus plus a little Barry White every now and then.

Govtcheez
06-23-2005, 05:08 AM
glad you understand
Wait, are you saying you listen to this, too?

........, I need to find some new music!

7smurfs
06-23-2005, 05:36 AM
Rap, rock, classic rock, trance, country.

ober
06-23-2005, 06:15 AM
Actually, I'm purple. And race has nothing to do with music.

Glirk Dient
06-23-2005, 08:21 AM
Wait, are you saying you listen to this, too?

........, I need to find some new music!

No...not so much. The bands I listen too aren't mainstream but also people have heard of them...somewhere in between.

no-one
06-23-2005, 09:47 AM
>Actually, I'm purple. And race has nothing to do with music.

damn, and here i thought we'd rid the world of you purple bastards.

>And race has nothing to do with music.

And race(perceived race anyway) has everything to do with music. if your not a purple... [insert string of anti-purple racist profanity]...

xErath
06-26-2005, 10:20 PM
Govtcheez has a problem with the underground.. Is extreme metal way over your ears??

I like above all melodic death (mors principium est, dark tranquility, nightrage, rach enemy), militarized/heavy industrial(rammstein, red harvest, aborym), modern symphonic black (vesperian sorrow, dimmu, all of emperor) and so many others (hypocrisy, cradle of filth, very big list...)
Plus I also ea, no much, trance, some alternative electronic, jean michel jarre :D
and of course what to common people calls of classic (I have years of violin and piano training classes).
I'm seriously atracted by the musicians creativity, talent., density of sound. That why I like this music. And hate mainstream stuff.

Govtcheez
06-27-2005, 02:05 PM
> Govtcheez has a problem with the underground.. Is extreme metal way over your ears??

Not really, but it's dumb to only listen to a band because they're underground. If you're going to their shows to support them and stuff, that's cool, but if you ditch them as soon as they "make it", you're a jackass.

> I'm seriously atracted by the musicians creativity, talent., density of sound. That why I like this music. And hate mainstream stuff.

Mainstream stuff does have this. If you don't think so, you're simply listening to the wrong things.

xErath
06-27-2005, 08:58 PM
Not really, but it's dumb to only listen to a band because they're underground. If you're going to their shows to support them and stuff, that's cool, but if you ditch them as soon as they "make it", you're a jackass.
I agree

Mainstream stuff does have this. If you don't think so, you're simply listening to the wrong things.
when I say mainstream I mean pop, r&b, and gay stuff that shows all day in mtv. the stuff you ear are ok according to that point of view, but they lack the density of sound I like, and the complexity.

Govtcheez
06-28-2005, 08:45 AM
Fair enough. Sounds like we basically agree.

But we all know MTV doesn't play music :p