PDA

View Full Version : Drive For Life

jrahhali
05-26-2005, 02:33 PM
No, not a golf fundraising event, but a virtual driving school!

driveforlife.ca (http://www.driveforlife.ca)

Anyways, i've enrolled and tonight is my first session. Should be fun. All insurance comapnies are supposed to recognize this course if you have comppleted it and offer 200-700 $ in saving on insurance. I'm a new driver, and a male under 25 so i'll need all deductions i can get!

Here's a CBC news video clip on it too: http://www.driveforlife.ca/about/news/2005.05.13.php

major_small
05-26-2005, 03:37 PM
did you check with your insurance company first? that could, after all, be just a claim by that organization... for example, if you take a 5-hour, insurance companies respect that, but what they don't tell you is that you have to have a state-issued certificate saying you took and passed the 5-hour course...

Perspective
05-26-2005, 04:52 PM
Might be a bit of shock when you get into a real car to take your test though ;)

jrahhali
05-26-2005, 08:25 PM
ya, i'm on my parents insurance. 30% off is what they said.
Actually, i can drive already, just wanted this 'extra practice'
It was like a big arcade game! i started laughing when i was driving. Asked my trainer guy how much each machine costs: 100 grand US. whewww!

Zach L.
05-26-2005, 10:23 PM
Makes plenty of sense... I mean, simulators are in rather widespread use for flight training; using them for drivers seems logical.

major_small
05-27-2005, 02:59 AM
Makes plenty of sense... I mean, simulators are in rather widespread use for flight training; using them for drivers seems logical.well, in some places it just makes more sense... afterall, 10,000 feet is a long way to fall, and a nuclear meltdown is not something you want to 'simulate' on a real reactor :D

ober
05-27-2005, 07:35 AM
SO you're paying $500 bucks to drive a video game that might save you that much over the next 3-5 years? What a scam.

Perspective
05-27-2005, 08:44 AM
SO you're paying $500 bucks to drive a video game that might save you that much over the next 3-5 years? What a scam.

I think i paid about the same to sit in a class room and drive a neon for the same purpose :(

ober
05-27-2005, 08:48 AM
You all need to write to your local school boards. Driver's Ed including class time, road time, and driving course time was a required course in my high school. It served the same purpose and got us a break in insurance. Cost to us: 0, unless you count taxpayer money.