PDA

View Full Version : Google Turning into yahoo?

B0bDole
05-22-2005, 08:50 AM
http://www.google.com/ig

Don't know if you guys have seen this yet... I personally like it, except the /. rss is lagged horribly.

sand_man
05-22-2005, 08:59 AM
Ugly
I hate it
Except for the gmail part in the top right corner

itsme86
05-22-2005, 09:05 AM
I always liked google because the main page was very simple. yahoo's homepage looks like a mess and isn't very easy to navigate IMHO. I hope they keep that new google interface an option and leave the main page the way it's always been.

Zach L.
05-22-2005, 09:27 AM
A bit cleaner than Yahoo's, that's for sure. It'd be nice if you can set it up like that, but by default, you get the good old Google homepage.

B0bDole
05-22-2005, 12:32 PM
>I hope they keep that new google interface an option and leave the main page the way it's always been.

Classic mode will always be an option

I personally dont want to see google turned into a portal, just a search box. That's why I just have gmail on it, so now I have my google search box and my inbox on one neat little page. Of course the gmail inbox has a google search box... so who knows.

nickname_changed
05-23-2005, 03:18 AM
Hehehe, I found a new homepage. Wish the weather and stocks worked for Australia though.

In Preferences, change the language to 'Elmer Fudd'. Funny stuff :D

sand_man
05-23-2005, 05:08 AM
In Preferences, change the language to 'Elmer Fudd'. Funny stuff
I didn't notice any different did you?

omg is that you in the avatar? put some clothes on!

nickname_changed
05-23-2005, 06:28 AM
Haahhaha. Next time that 19 year old DD blonde girl you meet on the internet talks to you, remember - this is what she probably looks like.

Go to the home page. "Pictuwes".

ober
05-23-2005, 08:07 AM
That's awesome... but honestly, how many of you still visit the google search page to do a search? Don't you have a toolbar or something built-in to your browser to skip that one step? I'm a fan of yahoo's "my" page, so until they add more to the google one, I'll probably keep using yahoo. The only major difference is that I have a gmail address and I don't have a yahoo address, so that would be one of the major reasons to switch.

Yahoo also does a great job of tracking stocks.

Perspective
05-23-2005, 11:04 AM
the drag and drop is a nice feature

Govtcheez
05-23-2005, 11:33 AM
> how many of you still visit the google search page to do a search?

It's my homepage. I've got toolbars and stuff, but I barely use them.

Felix
05-23-2005, 02:17 PM
I just go to www.google.com, no spiffy stopbar thingy.

Glirk Dient
05-23-2005, 02:32 PM
Just like govt...google is my homepage. Funny thing is I hardly use it as my homepage and often still type it in and only then remember it is my homepage heh.

xErath
05-23-2005, 04:12 PM
Just like govt...google is my homepage. Funny thing is I hardly use it as my homepage and often still type it in and only then remember it is my homepage heh.

nothing better than "about:blank" ;)

nickname_changed
05-23-2005, 04:30 PM
Google firefox (google.com/firefox) is my home page. I have a toolbar but the firefox page looks so nice it's often nicer to wait for it to load.

Frobozz
05-23-2005, 04:46 PM
I just set my homepage to the Google firefox start page. The reason is I realise the one thing I usually do first when I go to browse is go to Google to find what I'm looking for. Should save a little time. ;)