PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars 3...



Pages : [1] 2

nickname_changed
05-16-2005, 07:14 AM
I had a dream today where I was sleeping. Then I woke up and realised I had fallen asleep during the new Star Wars movie. That was the most boring piece of rubbish I have ever watched, even including the times I have actually looked in a bin and watched rubbish. The acting was terrible, the plot childish and it captured none of the atmosphere of the other movies.

I'd ask for my money back, but I think I drooled on the seat when I snored through the whole thing and they'll want me to pay for damages. Absolute rubbish movie.

Govtcheez
05-16-2005, 07:49 AM
How have you seen this already?

ober
05-16-2005, 08:10 AM
And how can you say that? Every other review in the world is giving it a HUGE thumbs up.

Thantos
05-16-2005, 08:42 AM
Well Govt because he was one of the lucky ones to go to the Cannies of course :rolleyes:

God I wish there was a "No movie reviews for movies less then a month old" rule here. Give the people who don't care about your movie opinon a chance to see it first.

BMJ
05-16-2005, 08:45 AM
Absolute rubbish movie.Nobody cares.

Welshy
05-16-2005, 11:19 AM
Nobody cares.
I do, i quite often like to know peoples opinion on a movie to decide whether it's worth seeing or not. I'll be seeing Star Wars regardless because it's so big, it just has to be seen :p

kwigibo
05-18-2005, 11:02 AM
...it is a must see.

Hehe that rhymes. well offer your opinions.

Magos
05-18-2005, 11:15 AM
I'll prolly wait until friday... I've never been a fan of watching the opening show at 23.59 (shouldn't it be 00.01, 23.59 is still wednesday?) and friday suits me better than thursday.

Govtcheez
05-18-2005, 11:38 AM
http://cboard.cprogramming.com/showthread.php?t=65569

I'm so torn :(

pianorain
05-18-2005, 11:51 AM
kwigibo has more green squares than stovellp. Hence, his opinion must mean more.

Thantos
05-18-2005, 12:00 PM
OMG the force merged the threads!

Govtcheez
05-18-2005, 12:09 PM
Great, now my post makes no sense.

THANKS A LOT, DOUCHEBAG

pianorain
05-18-2005, 12:25 PM
OMG the force merged the threads!You are not a Jedi yet...

Thantos
05-18-2005, 12:39 PM
Great, now my post makes no sense.

THANKS A LOT, DOUCHEBAG
Like your posts ever make sense :rolleyes:


You are not a Jedi yet...
Why would I want to be a weak Jedi?

xErath
05-18-2005, 02:10 PM
I'll going to watch the movie, tomorrow at 00:30h which is 3 hours from now :D

Glirk Dient
05-18-2005, 02:46 PM
I saw it last night...very good. They did an awsome job linking these to the older ones, very very well done.

xErath
05-18-2005, 07:55 PM
2 thumbs up!! excelent movie really !!! I fully agree with glirk dient... they link the movies very well.. You'll see why.

pianorain
05-19-2005, 07:20 AM
Eh. It was better than the other two disasters-on-film. Lucas still can't write a love scene to save his life. Sometimes I felt like a monotone professor was reading the lines to me instead of professional actors actually trying to convey emotion.

Govtcheez
05-19-2005, 07:34 AM
I think I'm cutting out of work early to see this with my boss. The cynic in me knows it's going to suck, but the previews look so cool :(

PJYelton
05-20-2005, 08:55 AM
Saw it last night, it was OK. Definately better than the first two in my opinion.

Speaking of Star Wars, I saw this the other day and thought it was pretty funny since my dad does the same thing:

There's going to be an extra scene included in the DVD release
of EMPIRE STRIKES BACK coming up next year! Basically, it
expands on the scene where Vader reveals his fatherhood to
Luke, and ties up some loose ends created with the release of
Episode 1 & 2...

The Empire Strikes Back: Extra-Special Edition

INT: BESPIN GANTRY - MOMENTS LATER:

A furious lightsaber duel is underway. DARTH VADER is backing
LUKE SKYWALKER towards the end of the gantry. A quick move by
Vader, chops off Luke's hand! It goes spinning off into the
ventilation shaft. Luke backs away. He looks around, but
realizes there's nowhere to go but straight down.

Darth Vader: Obi Wan never told you what happened to your
father.

Luke: He told me enough! He told me you killed him!

Darth Vader: No... I am your father!

Luke: No, it's not true! It's impossible.

Darth Vader: Search your feelings... you know it to be true.

Luke: NO!

Darth Vader: Yes, it is true, and you know what else? You
know that brass droid of yours?

Luke: Threepio?

Darth Vader: Yes... Threepio... I built him... when I was
7 years old...

Luke: No...!

Darth Vader: Seven years old! And what have you done? Look at
yourself, no hand, no job, and couldn't even levitate your
own ship out of the swamp.

Luke: I destroyed your precious Death Star!

Darth Vader: When you were 20! When I was 10, I single-
handedly destroyed a Trade Federation Droid Control ship!

Luke: Well, it's not my fault...

Darth Vader: Oh, here we go... "Poor me... my father never
gave me what I wanted for my birthday... boo hoo, my daddy's
the Dark Lord of the Sith...waahhh wahhh!"

Luke: Shut up...

Darth Vader: You're a slacker! By the time I was your age, I
had exterminated the Jedi knights!

Luke: I used to race my T-16 through Beggar's Canyon.

Darth Vader: Oh, for the love of the Emperor... 10 years old,
winner of the Boonta Eve Open... Only human to ever fly a Pod
Racer... right here, baby!

{Luke looks down the shaft. Takes a step towards it.}

Darth Vader: I was wrong... You're not my kid... I don't know
whose son you are, but you sure ain't mine...

{Luke takes a step off the platform, hesitates, then plunges
down the shaft.}

{Darth Vader looks after him.}

Darth Vader: Get a haircut!

Sang-drax
05-20-2005, 09:05 AM
Haha, good one!

ober
05-20-2005, 09:05 AM
LOL... good stuff :)

nickname_changed
05-20-2005, 09:23 AM
Hahahahahahhahahaahahaa

Zach L.
05-20-2005, 08:51 PM
I thought the story was alright. The acting was pretty bad, though.

Govtcheez
05-22-2005, 02:16 AM
Saw this tonight. I hope George Lucas gets hit by a train.

Special effects: Awesome
Fight scenes: Awesome
Dilagoue: Oh my god kill me now
Loose ends tied up: Seriously, shoot me in the face.

I haven't had a movie actually make me angry in a long time, but this did (and not just because some kid in front of me couldn't find his family and kept walking in front of me)

Zach L.
05-22-2005, 09:30 AM
What? You mean the sheer mediocrity didn't inspire you?

Govtcheez
05-22-2005, 09:41 AM
You know this is a really unoriginal story and everything, but if it was put in the hands of a halfway competent director or writer, it would have been great. All the people in the movie can act. I've seen it before, I swear to god. They just can't act under Lucas's direction, and his horrible script makes it worse.

George Lucas should direct music videos.

nvoigt
05-22-2005, 10:01 AM
I saw Episode III on wednesday evening and I liked it. Really, it has good graphics and fight scenes. The plot ? Well, how good can a plot be if it's part 3 of 6 and you already know all other parts ?

I liked that movie.

( Don't tell anyone, but I'm known as the guy who actually thought that Spiderman II was a good movie. No one cares about my opinion on movies I've watched since I said that :rolleyes: )

Govtcheez
05-22-2005, 10:05 AM
I didn't see it, but I heard Spiderman 2 was really good. I liked the first one a lot.

xErath
05-22-2005, 10:13 AM
You know this is a really unoriginal story and everything,...
:confused: :confused:
unoriginal?? who wrote something like that, before Lucas.. in the seventies ?!?
Just because it was filmed now ??


Darth Vader: Get a haircut!
:D :D :D :D :D Excellent !

Govtcheez
05-22-2005, 10:33 AM
The basic storyline has been done a thousand times. Lucas took elements of the story from all over; do a little research. I don't mean that's necessarily a bad thing, though.

PJYelton
05-22-2005, 10:53 AM
Not that I'm defending the movie, but I'm curious what loose ends you are talking about that weren't tied up cheez.

Govtcheez
05-22-2005, 11:15 AM
I didn't mean they weren't tied up, it's the way they did it. Padme's giving birth while dying (the robot says she lost the will to live? What the crap?), the babies pop out, and she's just like "Luke!" "Leia!". Leia being adopted wasn't bad, but Luke being Tatooine isn't really explained. Yoda just sort of says "Hey, take him here. Because I said so."

Likewise, Senator Organa doesn't really have a reason to wipe Threepio's memory, he just says "Hey Mr. Antilles, have these droids, and destroy the memory of the shiny one, even though he's had almost nothing to do with this movie at all!"

Finally, the one that really gets me is the one I might be wrong about. It's actually two parts, now that I think about it. Yoda sends Obi-Wan to Tatooine to commune with Qui-Gon and watch over Luke. First, what the hell's the reason for him to commune with Qui-Gon? Is that just to explain why Luke can see the spirits in Eps 4-6? The big part of this, though, is that IIRC, he doesn't even recognize Luke or remember R2 or 3PO when he rescues them from the sand people. What the hell has he been doing all this time? Hiding in his little cave, perfecting his sand person imitation?

PJYelton
05-22-2005, 11:24 AM
Agreed with all your points except the part about Ben not recognizing them. They know each other, in fact after after R2 says to look for Obi-Wan Kenobi, Luke says something like "I wonder if he means old Ben Kenobi up in the mountains?" Since the droids were Anakin's and Obi-Wan had little contact with them I guess its not out of the question he would forget about them 20 years later.

Oh, and I took the whole mind-wipe thing to mean that since 3P0 had knowledge of the twins, they didn't want the chatty droid telling anyone

Govtcheez
05-22-2005, 11:41 AM
> They know each other, in fact after after R2 says to look for Obi-Wan Kenobi, Luke says something like "I wonder if he means old Ben Kenobi up in the mountains?"

That's true. I need to watch it again, though - I can't remember if Obi-Wan actually remembers Luke when he rescues him.

> Since the droids were Anakin's and Obi-Wan had little contact

I don't know about that - Obi-Wan was around Anakin since he was Jake Lloyd, and so were the droids. Just because he wasn't their owner doesn't mean he didn't have contact with them.

> Oh, and I took the whole mind-wipe thing to mean that since 3P0 had knowledge of the twins, they didn't want the chatty droid telling anyone

Why not wipe R2, then? I mean, he obviously doesn't speak English, I don't recall anyone ever having a problem understanding him.

Magos
05-22-2005, 12:11 PM
I agree with Govt's opinions there, the end did seem a bit rushed to connect the loose ends. Nevertheless I think it's a great movie.

I never liked Vader's expression at the end.
-"Where's Padme?"
-"It seems you killed her!"
-"NOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

Why did he stay with the emperor after she's gone anyway, the entire reason for him to cross to the dark side was for her.

PJYelton
05-22-2005, 01:44 PM
>>That's true. I need to watch it again, though - I can't remember if Obi-Wan actually remembers Luke when he rescues him.<<

He does, or at least theres no indication that he doesn't recognize him, they just start babbling on about the droids and jedis and Luke's real father etc. But I agree, he was doing a crappy job of looking after Luke, it was prety obvious that they hadn't seen each other for awhile and Luke would have been dead if R2D2 hadn't run off.

>>I don't know about that - Obi-Wan was around Anakin since he was Jake Lloyd, and so were the droids. Just because he wasn't their owner doesn't mean he didn't have contact with them.<<

Well, little contact. Dunno, you're right, crappy explanation but I'm not sure how they could have possibly gotten around it to explain why he doesn't recognize the droids without some extremely convoluted idea.

>>Why not wipe R2, then? I mean, he obviously doesn't speak English, I don't recall anyone ever having a problem understanding him.<<

Maybe they know R2 can keep a secret? LOL, don't know on this one.

xErath
05-22-2005, 03:11 PM
I didn't mean they weren't tied up, it's the way they did it. Padme's giving birth while dying (the robot says she lost the will to live? What the crap?), the babies pop out, and she's just like "Luke!" "Leia!". Leia being adopted wasn't bad, but Luke being Tatooine isn't really explained.
Luke went to his family in Tatooine. Never saw SW1 or 2 ??

Yoda just sort of says "Hey, take him here. Because I said so." Sons of a former jedi, now dark sith lord... such a decision belongs to Yoda

Likewise, Senator Organa doesn't really have a reason to wipe Threepio's memory, he just says "Hey Mr. Antilles, have these droids, and destroy the memory of the shiny one, even though he's had almost nothing to do with this movie at all!" No more Jedis nor republic.. they're useless. Wipe the programs so that can only be a company.


Finally, the one that really gets me is the one I might be wrong about. It's actually two parts, now that I think about it. Yoda sends Obi-Wan to Tatooine to commune with Qui-Gon and watch over Luke. First, what the hell's the reason for him to commune with Qui-Gon? Is that just to explain why Luke can see the spirits in Eps 4-6? Yoda said trainnig, immortality...

Govtcheez
05-22-2005, 03:22 PM
> Luke went to his family in Tatooine. Never saw SW1 or 2 ??

Of course I have. There wasn't a real reason for him to go there, though. It would have made more sense to send him away from family, anyway.

> Sons of a former jedi, now dark sith lord... such a decision belongs to Yoda

Er... ok...

> No more Jedis nor republic.. they're useless. Wipe the programs so that can only be a company.

That's a silly line of reasoning. That would only make sense if they wiped every droid, which still wouldn't gain anything.

> Yoda said trainnig, immortality...

Hey thanks, I saw the movie, too.

Glirk Dient
05-22-2005, 05:14 PM
They sent luke to tatooine because he had family there. Also yoda said the sith wouldn't detect his presence there, not many sith on tatooine.

They wiped his memory because he talks all the time! Also he has seen many things that do not need to be revealed unless someone wants them to(someone as in yoda or someone of power). Also...in episode 4 doesn't 3P0 say he was in the clone wars? If so then maybe his memory wasn't wiped after all.

I have now seen it twice...maybe 3 times since I run the movies and stop by and watch parts of it all the time, really the 2nd time adds a lot to the movie, because you know what happens and theres a lot more you pick up on how it all was weaved together. The ending did seem a bit quick, not necessarily rushed, but it would have been hard to do it any other way, really she gives birth and the babies are moved elsewhere, what did you expect?

Govtcheez
05-22-2005, 05:33 PM
> They sent luke to tatooine because he had family there. Also yoda said the sith wouldn't detect his presence there, not many sith on tatooine.

But everyone already knew that. After all, that's where Anakin came from in the first damn place.

> They wiped his memory because he talks all the time!

Again, R2 talks all the time, too. Like I said, it's not English, but I don't recall anyone ever having trouble figuring out what he's saying.

> Also...in episode 4 doesn't 3P0 say he was in the clone wars?

I don't believe so, but I haven't seen it in awhile.

> because you know what happens and theres a lot more you pick up on how it all was weaved together.

I refuse to believe that it's complicated enough that it requires a second viewing. Everyone knew basically exactly what was going to happen going into it, anyways. That's sort of the pitfall of the way the series is laid out. What did you pick up on the second time around that you didn't the first?

> The ending did seem a bit quick, not necessarily rushed, but it would have been hard to do it any other way, really she gives birth and the babies are moved elsewhere, what did you expect?

I don't know, more than a sentence about every loose plot point would have been nice.

nickname_changed
05-22-2005, 05:47 PM
I actually went and saw the movie yesterday. The OP was just a troll because I was bored. It's actually a really good movie, though Darth Vaders first steps and screaming was pretty lame. I give it 4.5 thumbs up :)

Glirk Dient
05-22-2005, 05:53 PM
It didn't all end in one sentance.

Padme was pregnant the whole move, it took about 7.5 minutes when they talked about what to do with the babies. Really, if it was longer people would complain it was too long, there really wasn't anything more they needed to elaborate on either.

The plot isn't that complicated, just a lot more added to it the second time you see it. Especially with the seperatists and things getting set up for the ending.

Govtcheez
05-22-2005, 06:02 PM
Padme was pregnant the whole move, it took about 7.5 minutes when they talked about what to do with the babies. Really, if it was longer people would complain it was too long, there really wasn't anything more they needed to elaborate on either.They crammed so much crap into that space that nothing had very much time, though. In the space of that 7.5053036 minutes you have the twins being born, Yoda sending them places, Vader being created, his gay "NOOOO" yell, Jimmy Smits whining about his impotence, 3PO being inexplicably brainwiped, and Antilles (that was Wedge's father, right?) getting the two droids. BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM. It happens too fast with pretty much no explanation. Lucas decides that as long as the pieces are in place for ANH, there's no reason to explain why it got that way. That's just lazy.


The OP was just a troll because I was bored.You are SO reported!

Glirk Dient
05-22-2005, 07:01 PM
Yeah I see what you are saying and for the most part I agree. However, anakin was turning evil the whole time, that was just the finishing of it.

I thought they did it well, it did seem a bit quick to me but for the most part I didn't mind. I didn't like how R2D2 had all of these abilities he doesnt have later, like the jets, shooting out oil and whatnot.

THe move still rocked but it's not perfect(darn close).

Zach L.
05-22-2005, 07:03 PM
I agree with Govt's opinions there, the end did seem a bit rushed to connect the loose ends. Nevertheless I think it's a great movie.

I never liked Vader's expression at the end.
-"Where's Padme?"
-"It seems you killed her!"
-"NOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

Why did he stay with the emperor after she's gone anyway, the entire reason for him to cross to the dark side was for her.

My impression of the end:
Vader: "Where's Padme?"
Emperor: "Hehehe... well, uh... you killed her."
Vader: "Rats! Well, at least I got a cool suit out of it."

Govtcheez
05-22-2005, 07:21 PM
> However, anakin was turning evil the whole time, that was just the finishing of it.

Well, yeah. Anakin had been one step away from total psycho since like halfway through episode 2.

> I didn't like how R2D2 had all of these abilities he doesnt have later, like the jets, shooting out oil and whatnot.

Yeah, but I didn't think that was that big of a deal. He never really had much of a reason to use them in the other movies.

Glirk Dient
05-22-2005, 08:28 PM
True...he didn't have much of a reason...nor did it turn out to be a jar jar...just a slight annoyance.

I guess it doesn't help there was some kids behind me that laughed their asses off every time R2 was a smart ass or did much anything.

Magos
05-23-2005, 05:46 AM
I just thought of something, if Luke was hidden from his father on tatooine, why in gods name did they keep his name Skywalker?????? Seems kinda stupid.



maybe 3 times since I run the movies and stop by and watch parts of it all the time

Pirated.....?

Magos
05-23-2005, 05:53 AM
Oh right, one thing that did irritate me was R2D2's constant jumping, when he exited the spaceships etc... That just seemed so wrong and out of place.